PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2010, 12:52 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Update Now Available!║

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfld View Post
I dont know if its just me, but none of these roms work lol

in the official one exchange doesnt work..

the ff and se have problems with deleting characters / garbled text on text messages.

Does anyone know of a stock one that runs perfectly? With minor mods such as tethering and what not?
Sounds like your having issues beyond the normal. when you flash a new ROM are you running the Task29 software between flashing?

What type of exchange are you using? I have loaded all 3 Roms and Google Sync and run perfectly with them all.

for the Text issues with FF its not MM its 6.5.X issues.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sfld is keeping up the good worksfld is keeping up the good work

im using my companies exchange server. Its working in other roms just not the official rom.

Even upon a soft reset, the official rom wouldnt initiate a internet connection, i would have to do it manually.

Multiple emails were being sent thruout the day, however the only way to sync was by hitting send/recieve. The thread is quite large now so it would be hard for me to find the others who had the same problems, so i know it isnt a flash issue
Old 05-06-2010, 01:11 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
im using my companies exchange server. Its working in other roms just not the official rom.

Even upon a soft reset, the official rom wouldnt initiate a internet connection, i would have to do it manually.

Multiple emails were being sent thruout the day, however the only way to sync was by hitting send/recieve. The thread is quite large now so it would be hard for me to find the others who had the same problems, so i know it isnt a flash issue
I know the new ROM's have auto provisioning but have you tried running that manually to fix the internet connection issues?
Old 05-06-2010, 01:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Optimus V
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

aldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I also did the flash via task29.. same problems. Then i flashed FF for the hell of it, while exchange works, the typing / deleting problems and opera and other areas of the rom are just too buggy to deal with.
Opera 10 fixed the overlapping URL text for me.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
I know the new ROM's have auto provisioning but have you tried running that manually to fix the internet connection issues?
Internet works. With direct push it should connect once you start-up.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:22 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Quote:
Internet works. With direct push it should connect once you start-up.
Have you checked your settings and peak times, maybe something is out of whack there.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ya im not sure, im going to go ahead and flash the official once more and see if the emails i get within the next half n hour will push to it. If so i will be happy, assuming there are no other bugs in the official release
Old 05-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Quote:
Ya im not sure, im going to go ahead and flash the official once more and see if the emails i get within the next half n hour will push to it. If so i will be happy, assuming there are no other bugs in the official release
Best of luck and I hope it works this time for you.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:53 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
Is the modified HTCServices.dll in this new ROM the one that's supposed to prevent the screen-of-death? I had the screen-of-death happen at least three times yesterday.
I'll repeat again what I said at the bottom of this post (since some might have missed it):

THERE IS NO PERMANENT FIX FOR SOD!! It is an issue that has been around since Windows Mobile 5 years back... I have experienced it on every single WinMo phone I've ever owned, HTC and non-HTC, stock ROM and custom ROM alike. You will likely never find a fix for it before Microsoft abandons WM for WP7.

Yes you can do things like not restore texts, try different radios, experiment with different htc.dlls, et al... but these are only band-aids and will not solve the problem 100%... Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiecruz View Post
Does anybody know how to disable the weather animations on this ROM. I heard that this speeds up the Manila UI. Possibly a registry key?
You've already been given several solutions to this, but since you were asking for the actual regedit to kill weather animations, here it is:

HKCU\SOFTWARE\HTC\Manila, then set Home.WallpaperMode to 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis8 View Post
You could try the last SenseUI 2.1 version if you wanted. Could you be more specific as to what does not work in Exchange? Many people use exchange here (I am not one of them) and maybe they can help.

*EDIT*
Starting to sound like you have a bad flash. I would do the following:
  • Clear Storage
  • Button Hard Reset
  • Flash latest Stock
  • Clear Storage
  • Button Hard Reset
  • Flash latest MightyRom
  • Clear Storage
  • Button Hard Reset
  • Set-up phone and enjoy.

I know it sounds like a lot, but if you throw a beer in here and there it does not take as long as you may think. And No "Clear Storage" and "Button Hard Reset" are *not* the same thing.
Nice to see you around here again... But since you've been gone you may have missed all the buzz on task29

Doing the "flash dance" is no longer necessary to clean out the nand. Just run task29 that is linked in ziggy's 7th post on the first page, and then flash the ROM via the bootloader mode again and you'll be good to go. if you wanna go crazy, flash the stock ROM first before re-loading Mighty and it will run task28 too

Remember, doing this every time you flash is considered overkill and is akin to washing your car every time you drive it, or re-formatting your computer's hard drive every time you delete a file or something... you can do it if you want; nobody is going to stop you. But it's a essentially a waste of time and quite unnecessary unless you're experiencing problems

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Telus

bman2010 is a n00b

MightyROM_RhodiumW_050110.exe
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2