PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 03:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

blkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Update Now Available!║

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddpedersen View Post
Using SPB Backup, seems to really only effective if your backing up the current ROM and restoring to that same ROM.

If you had a previous ROM that you did your back up on, and then flashed to a new ROM, there seems to be issues because the new ROM more than likely has differences in file locations, registry entries etc.

What I seem to find works best is to backup your contacts via My Phone, which is too late for you now, then after you have the new ROM installed, restore those contacts to the new ROM. I do not recommend syncing old texts via My Phone, as there have been reported problems with doing that.
I disagree. When using SPB to restore contacts (which is what the OP you replied to stated he did) I have never had an issue ever. I use SPB every single flash to restore my contacts and sometimes also my texts and emails with zero issues. I've been doing this since the TP1 days, so have probably done it well over 100 times. As long as you do not restore system state then it is ok to use SPB to do a restore between different ROM's. I even used SPB to restore contacts and texts when I went from my TP1 to my TP2 with no issues.

Also I see you telling people that restoring old texts is an issue, that is partially true. Restoring a large number of texts is a problem. Then again so is saving a large number of texts on your phone with 6.5. On 6.1 I used to have over 24,000 texts on the phone no problem (just from being lazy about deleting and it did not slow the phone down.) On 6.5 once I get over a few hundred it starts to cause major slowness going into and exiting the text message app. If nothing else it has gotten me used to deleting texts again. However I have also used SPB to restore a small number (200 or so) of texts many times and again had absolutely no issues.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Full Force TP2
Carrier: Verizon

chagersc is keeping up the good workchagersc is keeping up the good work

does anyone have a skype cab that will work on full force??
Old 05-05-2010, 03:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

blkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronik420 View Post
whenever you send a text message and click on new when you type in the persons name to text it to it won't come up. It will only come up after you delete one are 2 letter of the name then it will give you the choices any fix for that issue thanx.
Did you install Swype? That is one of the causes of that problem.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

JustDavid is keeping up the good workJustDavid is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to JustDavid Send a message via MSN to JustDavid Send a message via Yahoo to JustDavid

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkhwkz View Post
I disagree. When using SPB to restore contacts (which is what the OP you replied to stated he did) I have never had an issue ever. I use SPB every single flash to restore my contacts and sometimes also my texts and emails with zero issues. I've been doing this since the TP1 days, so have probably done it well over 100 times. As long as you do not restore system state then it is ok to use SPB to do a restore between different ROM's. I even used SPB to restore contacts and texts when I went from my TP1 to my TP2 with no issues.

Also I see you telling people that restoring old texts is an issue, that is partially true. Restoring a large number of texts is a problem. Then again so is saving a large number of texts on your phone with 6.5. On 6.1 I used to have over 24,000 texts on the phone no problem (just from being lazy about deleting and it did not slow the phone down.) On 6.5 once I get over a few hundred it starts to cause major slowness going into and exiting the text message app. If nothing else it has gotten me used to deleting texts again. However I have also used SPB to restore a small number (200 or so) of texts many times and again had absolutely no issues.
I too have used SPB Backup to restore some items when flashing to a new rom. Never had a problem (that wasn't self-inflicted). Also used Rom Upgrade mode when going from a rom to an updated rom (same chef, same rom, just updated to fix a bug or something.) and set it to NOT overwrite existing files.

Old 05-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff

Yes, uninstall Swype if you want that fixed.

Known problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronik420 View Post
whenever you send a text message and click on new when you type in the persons name to text it to it won't come up. It will only come up after you delete one are 2 letter of the name then it will give you the choices any fix for that issue thanx.

Hitting Thanks (to the right) helps build reputation. Hit it, if I did it!
Old 05-05-2010, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

amcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddpedersen View Post
Yes, uninstall Swype if you want that fixed.

Known problem.
Or.... just deal with this very tiny quirk, so that the much larger enhancements that Swype provides can still be used. (My own personal opinion, of course).

Or.... upgrade to Swype 3.9, where it appears that they've introduced a work-around for this issue to not be evident. (they automatically do the backspace for you)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

tjbahri is keeping up the good worktjbahri is keeping up the good work

I noticed I can get the round shape soft keys on FF if I change my appearance theme to "classic Blue".
But is there a cab out there that will do the same thing using the "HTC Black" theme?.
I have searched with no results.
Thanks
Old 05-05-2010, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

amcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbahri View Post
I noticed I can get the round shape soft keys on FF if I change my appearance theme to "classic Blue".
But is there a cab out there that will do the same thing using the "HTC Black" theme?.
I have searched with no results.
Thanks
+1 !!! I agree.. I like the round buttons.. but the "blue" at the bottom is not quite the right Blue to match the rest of the Interface.

I guess the best option would be able to set the theme to whatever you want.. then have a single cab that "only" changes the Soft Buttons to whatever we want..
Old 05-05-2010, 05:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

kronik420 is just getting started

Thank you so much uninstalled swype that fixed the problem. How about the sod issue any solutions because that is currently my biggest issue right now. thank you
Old 05-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronik420
Thank you so much uninstalled swype that fixed the problem. How about the sod issue any solutions because that is currently my biggest issue right now. thank you
Someone posted that Swype 3.9 that I have seen on this forum has the backspace issue resolved. I have not personally used it however. Search the paperclip for this forum for it.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2