PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 10:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

amcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Update Now Available!║

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane3162 View Post
meh, to me (and the people who had thanked me a while back) it is invalid, seeing as the the last time I played with the 6.1 EMU I had SignalStrengthLevel present, well also invalid, as its not in mikes its by his choice (which i was only saying was annoying), but going by the logic set forth of going trying to make the OF rom as STOCK as possible this just doesnt fit in the puzzle (i would quote where tj and mike where talking about OF and STOCK, but im lazy)

I like vanilla wafers thank you very much...

EDIT: I restore sections of reg using a program, but since I see it said TIME AND TIME AGAIN, i just thought i would let him know, hes not the only one who gets lost, and i know its mikes rom, but since the OF is a "Stock" rom it should have some things like a stock rom, and since Sprint accounts for a large portion of the average community I would see it as common place to think this should be "Stock" (as would anyone who has ever thanked me or posted in this thread about how to get 7bar, and complained that the key isnt in the registry)

EDIT2: reminds me of the "DisabledComponents" in Microsoft Windows Vista and 7 to disable IPv6...

My 2 cents..

When I hear that "MR is aimed at being very Stock", that simply tells me that he wants to ensure that the ROM has a "stock" feeling and cleanliness to it. A ROM that allows each user to customize to their wildest dreams, knowing that they are building on a solid-base of trusted goodness (and not some cooked-in interface or add-on that others do not want in their ROM).

Knowing that, I've spent the last 7 months optimizing my TP2 Sashimi config to be "exactly" what I want it to be for my phone. This includes:
- Installing 36 CAB's automatically (in pre-determined order)
- Having 27 of those Apps automatically in the correct Start Menu folder
- Backing up and Auto-Restoring 28 different Registry keys
- Backing up and Auto-Restoring 32 different File/Folder Paths

The end-result is my own perfect phone, .. which is ONLY made possible by the fact that Mike's ROM's are so stable/clean/stock to begin with.

I'm very glad that Mike works hard to make his ROM "carrier-independent", while at the same time, ensuring that we have AUTO provision so that each person can "feel" like this ROM was written specifically for their Carrier.. GENIUS!!

Lastly, regarding Signal Bars... .. Maybe its cause i'm on Verizon.. but I "never".. .. not once, have cared about how many Signal bars I have on my taskbar. The only thing I need to know, is that I have signal... I simply cannot understand why it matters if there's 3, 5, 7, or 20 Signal bars on the taskbar... (This also includes the EV vs 3G icon discussion... seriously.. EV=3G.. who cares what the icon looks like??)

Kane.. don't take this as being aimed at you. I'm just providing my 2 cents.. take them at face value.. nothing more..
This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff

No, I actually use it, but feel that having options is great. I use it mainly for the Missed Calls and Voicemail notifier on the home screen, and could live with the stock 16 tile shortcuts if I could have the program TAB as an optional item.

I also would like to reduce the amount of programs I have installed and shorten the boot up time which seems to be extended with CHT installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
I would, something about CHT that just does not sit well with you?

Hitting Thanks (to the right) helps build reputation. Hit it, if I did it!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

victimdies is a n00b

anyone on SE have any issue with the hard keyboard keys not registoring? I randomly get no response. The screen goes into landscpe mode, but when I type on the keyboard... no response until I do a soft reset and then it works for a little while and then goes away.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcq10 View Post
My 2 cents..

When I hear that "MR is aimed at being very Stock", that simply tells me that he wants to ensure that the ROM has a "stock" feeling and cleanliness to it. A ROM that allows each user to customize to their wildest dreams, knowing that they are building on a solid-base of trusted goodness (and not some cooked-in interface or add-on that others do not want in their ROM).

Knowing that, I've spent the last 7 months optimizing my TP2 Sashimi config to be "exactly" what I want it to be for my phone. This includes:
- Installing 36 CAB's automatically (in pre-determined order)
- Having 27 of those Apps automatically in the correct Start Menu folder
- Backing up and Auto-Restoring 28 different Registry keys
- Backing up and Auto-Restoring 32 different File/Folder Paths

The end-result is my own perfect phone, .. which is ONLY made possible by the fact that Mike's ROM's are so stable/clean/stock to begin with.

I'm very glad that Mike works hard to make his ROM "carrier-independent", while at the same time, ensuring that we have AUTO provision so that each person can "feel" like this ROM was written specifically for their Carrier.. GENIUS!!

Lastly, regarding Signal Bars... .. Maybe its cause i'm on Verizon.. but I "never".. .. not once, have cared about how many Signal bars I have on my taskbar. The only thing I need to know, is that I have signal... I simply cannot understand why it matters if there's 3, 5, 7, or 20 Signal bars on the taskbar... (This also includes the EV vs 3G icon discussion... seriously.. EV=3G.. who cares what the icon looks like??)

Kane.. don't take this as being aimed at you. I'm just providing my 2 cents.. take them at face value.. nothing more..
Thanked, and the whole EV=3G thin is nuts... maybe it would be better aimed at ziggy with auto-prov and the OF releases (which reminds me, stay tuned to DarkNinja's Android taskbar, when he finish's ironing the bugs out of the GTX theme hes going to make a 7bar sprint aimed release)

As for the signal bars, i actually love the top taskbar for the information it provides, which is why SE and FF came off my phone so fast, where I live and work (when i work) I have low signal, and if i only have 1 out of 7 i dont bother to make calls as it will more then likely be dropped, and if i have under 3 i wont be using any WebApps because the speed blows, the amount of signal therefor the B/W i have influences what I do.

Last edited by Kane3162; 05-05-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:45 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimdies View Post
anyone on SE have any issue with the hard keyboard keys not registoring? I randomly get no response. The screen goes into landscpe mode, but when I type on the keyboard... no response until I do a soft reset and then it works for a little while and then goes away.
I have had this happening to me in the last few weeks, I think its more hardware or core software related as I have had this problem on several different ROM's.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro

pikach is just getting started

Just updated. but when restoring contacts with SPB backup it freezes a few times and then it hard resets automatically, any idea?
Old 05-05-2010, 11:04 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC Arrive

fade007 is keeping up the good workfade007 is keeping up the good work
Congrats to Mike

Mike,

CONGRATS ON 2 MILLION ... YOU ROCK!

Thank you for making my TP2 the envy of my iPhone buddies.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:06 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimdies View Post
Happened to me twice on FF and scared the carp out of me because my phone is onlly 2 weeks old. Fixed it both times with a soft reset much to my relief.

David
Old 05-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff

Using SPB Backup, seems to really only effective if your backing up the current ROM and restoring to that same ROM.

If you had a previous ROM that you did your back up on, and then flashed to a new ROM, there seems to be issues because the new ROM more than likely has differences in file locations, registry entries etc.

What I seem to find works best is to backup your contacts via My Phone, which is too late for you now, then after you have the new ROM installed, restore those contacts to the new ROM. I do not recommend syncing old texts via My Phone, as there have been reported problems with doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikach View Post
Just updated. but when restoring contacts with SPB backup it freezes a few times and then it hard resets automatically, any idea?
Old 05-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

victimdies is a n00b

this (the keyboard issue) is the first time it has ever happened to me on mightys roms.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2