View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 10:39 AM
Kane3162
Halfway to VIP Status

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Update Now Available!║

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcq10 View Post
My 2 cents..

When I hear that "MR is aimed at being very Stock", that simply tells me that he wants to ensure that the ROM has a "stock" feeling and cleanliness to it. A ROM that allows each user to customize to their wildest dreams, knowing that they are building on a solid-base of trusted goodness (and not some cooked-in interface or add-on that others do not want in their ROM).

Knowing that, I've spent the last 7 months optimizing my TP2 Sashimi config to be "exactly" what I want it to be for my phone. This includes:
- Installing 36 CAB's automatically (in pre-determined order)
- Having 27 of those Apps automatically in the correct Start Menu folder
- Backing up and Auto-Restoring 28 different Registry keys
- Backing up and Auto-Restoring 32 different File/Folder Paths

The end-result is my own perfect phone, .. which is ONLY made possible by the fact that Mike's ROM's are so stable/clean/stock to begin with.

I'm very glad that Mike works hard to make his ROM "carrier-independent", while at the same time, ensuring that we have AUTO provision so that each person can "feel" like this ROM was written specifically for their Carrier.. GENIUS!!

Lastly, regarding Signal Bars... .. Maybe its cause i'm on Verizon.. but I "never".. .. not once, have cared about how many Signal bars I have on my taskbar. The only thing I need to know, is that I have signal... I simply cannot understand why it matters if there's 3, 5, 7, or 20 Signal bars on the taskbar... (This also includes the EV vs 3G icon discussion... seriously.. EV=3G.. who cares what the icon looks like??)

Kane.. don't take this as being aimed at you. I'm just providing my 2 cents.. take them at face value.. nothing more..
Thanked, and the whole EV=3G thin is nuts... maybe it would be better aimed at ziggy with auto-prov and the OF releases (which reminds me, stay tuned to DarkNinja's Android taskbar, when he finish's ironing the bugs out of the GTX theme hes going to make a 7bar sprint aimed release)

As for the signal bars, i actually love the top taskbar for the information it provides, which is why SE and FF came off my phone so fast, where I live and work (when i work) I have low signal, and if i only have 1 out of 7 i dont bother to make calls as it will more then likely be dropped, and if i have under 3 i wont be using any WebApps because the speed blows, the amount of signal therefor the B/W i have influences what I do.

Last edited by Kane3162; 05-05-2010 at 10:43 AM.