PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2010, 12:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12-06-10(CE-21686-Sense2019)★SharkieROM v2.0 R1★Generic\Sprint[21683\21916-Sense2

Well that's interesting. I never knew that about the Verizon TP2. I wish I would have known. The order I was cooking those packages in was causing PsShutXP to overwrite the Long Press End Key on your phones. Had I known I could have rearranged them so that Long Press End Key would have worked. Oh well...

I've been using "Quick EndKey" lately and will probably stick with that for the next round. I'll be sure to make sure it works instead of PsShutXP for you verizon users.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:39 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: 12-06-10(CE-21686-Sense2019)★SharkieROM v2.0 R1★Generic\Sprint[21683\21916-Sense2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
That sounds about right, although I think you could even use a flash utility app (not sure the name of it). Basically a *.NBH file can flash four things, and not all of them have to be contained in the *.NBH

ROM
Radio
Boot Splash Screen
... for the life of me I can't remember the 4th...

So if the *.NBH contains ONLY the splash screen, then that's all that will be flashed. Stock ROMs contain all 4 items, which is why flashing stock ROMs resets the splash screen.

I'm on Verizon and I can confirm that Long Press End Key launches ShutXP (although it doesn't bother me at all). And Keyboard config can probably change it.
yea, i think wideawake (owner, sp?) made a flashing utility. this is bout the time you see darrel pop in and reply w/ the answer of this flash tool
Old 01-02-2011, 03:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

So it looks like it may not be possible for the Home Tab to show "All-Day" appointments without CHT installed. If it is possible it's not a mod that's been shared a lot.

Because it was brought up, I assumed that other ROMs had this "feature" as MWalt2 called it. According to MWalt2 HTC did away with that "feature" some time ago. So I'm assuming that it's not a bug and that in fact not many, if any other ROMs out there will show "All-day" appointments on the home screen without the addition of CHT.

If you're interested, check out this thread I started at XDA Chef Central to try and get some help on the matter. It's not a lot of reading, only 3 posts.
[Q]All Day Appts. not showing on Sense 2.5.20XX Home Tab - xda-developers

Thus far, MWalt2 has never steered me wrong and always knows what he's talking about.

If anyone knows of a ROM that shows "All-Day" appts. on the Home Tab without the use of CHT, please let me know which/who's ROM so I can solicit help from them.

Otherwise, I'm leaving this "bug"/missing feature alone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

slthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Thanks Sharkie for looking into it. MWalt2 makes sense with his reply. The older stock Verizon ROM's did in fact show all day appointments. All the newer ROMs I have tried do not (without CHT). Not a real big deal considering it sounds like a major ordeal to enable them. Still strange though with CHT installed you can show all day appointments but on the lock screen with CHT installed you can not see them. Thanks again.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

slthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wja777 View Post
Sharkie:

Love the rom currently using the latest r4 ce. I have noticed a decrease in volume level from the speaker especially for ring tones since upgrading from v1.3 to v2.0 Anyone else have this issue? I believe if i revert back to v1.3 the problem goes away. I can test for you if you would like...

Thanks
@wja777 - try going into Settings/Personal/Phone/Advanced and deselect "Quiet ringtone on phone pickup". After I did that, my phone volume is controllable again and much louder.

@Sharkie - no more bugs I have experienced. Perfect ROM for me. Once I removed CHT, it is VERY responsive between all screens. Fantastic.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

Touched Pro 2 is becoming a great contributor

I have used both energy and Vin's roms. Actually, I came to this thread after two failed flashes of the latest Vindows. Something kept happening that caused me to lose signal and phone capabilities, so I had no phone until this morning. Anyway, I have to say that I'm loving this rom. I can't stop messing with my phone now! I don't know how to pagepool or any of that, and I think I may have botched something by trying to use sensemods on the rom, but since I flashed this morning I am doing this or that on the phone. I haven't been like that since my Instink...and that phone was CARP!

The thing I like is the ability to customize. Vin's roms are good....so are the energy roms, but this rom let's me take out what I don't want or need. I was gonna get a titanium rom and use mobile shell or winterface...glad I didn't.

Many thanks for making this rom!!

I have question/issues:

I have sense going in a continuous loop because it didn't agree with the sense mods cab that's on vin's page. I wanted to try the wallpaper mod to see if I could get different wallpapers on the different tabs and that there. Is there a cab that can do such a thing? Different wallpapers for tabs/pages?

I seemed to get a great signal today while I was out, but I dropped two calls. Is that just bad reception? Can I change radios and get better results? Or is finagling with stuff like that the reason I'm loopy...looping?

Thankssssssss
Old 01-07-2011, 12:48 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
If you has sense looping then uninstall that cab. If it is for vins rom thats why, maybe sharkie will look into it but i never heard talk bout a different wall per tab cab, lol. Droped calls n stuff controlled by the radio will not be the fault of the rom. Thats just your signal... but you can flash radios seperately but be careful you can end up with a brick .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touched Pro 2 View Post
I have used both energy and Vin's roms. Actually, I came to this thread after two failed flashes of the latest Vindows. Something kept happening that caused me to lose signal and phone capabilities, so I had no phone until this morning. Anyway, I have to say that I'm loving this rom. I can't stop messing with my phone now! I don't know how to pagepool or any of that, and I think I may have botched something by trying to use sensemods on the rom, but since I flashed this morning I am doing this or that on the phone. I haven't been like that since my Instink...and that phone was CARP!

The thing I like is the ability to customize. Vin's roms are good....so are the energy roms, but this rom let's me take out what I don't want or need. I was gonna get a titanium rom and use mobile shell or winterface...glad I didn't.

Many thanks for making this rom!!

I have question/issues:

I have sense going in a continuous loop because it didn't agree with the sense mods cab that's on vin's page. I wanted to try the wallpaper mod to see if I could get different wallpapers on the different tabs and that there. Is there a cab that can do such a thing? Different wallpapers for tabs/pages?

I seemed to get a great signal today while I was out, but I dropped two calls. Is that just bad reception? Can I change radios and get better results? Or is finagling with stuff like that the reason I'm loopy...looping?

Thankssssssss

Sent from my MID using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2011, 07:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Touched Pro 2 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
If you has sense looping then uninstall that cab. If it is for vins rom thats why, maybe sharkie will look into it but i never heard talk bout a different wall per tab cab, lol. Droped calls n stuff controlled by the radio will not be the fault of the rom. Thats just your signal... but you can flash radios seperately but be careful you can end up with a brick .

Sent from my MID using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply!

That cab worked on the energy rom so I thought I'd try it on Sharkie's. I wound up having to hard reset to get out of that loop. The different wall per tab thing was just an idea I got when I was on my last rom. I had two lockscreens on because I hadn't disabled the default one. It was sorta like the ending of get smart with all the doors. If you don't know what get smart is, disregard the last sentence. Anyway, I'm a fan of Yui and I had her picture on the lockscreens as well as the wallpapaper. I guess I was just being greedy, lawl. I won't mess with the radio. I don't need a brick. That may be why I had those failed flashes before. A few dropped calls ain't bad...especially since I live in a black hole as far as signal goes. Thanks again!
Old 01-07-2011, 11:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthomas00 View Post
@wja777 - try going into Settings/Personal/Phone/Advanced and deselect "Quiet ringtone on phone pickup". After I did that, my phone volume is controllable again and much louder.

@Sharkie - no more bugs I have experienced. Perfect ROM for me. Once I removed CHT, it is VERY responsive between all screens. Fantastic.

Wrote too soon. After unchecking the box I have volume control again on the ringer. Issue now though is as WJA777 explains - at top volume on the ringer is about 1/2 as loud as it used to be. The last 1/2 ring though goes to full volume. The system volume though is very loud at top volume - only affecting ringer. Strange.

The same issue remains for ringer volume control. While in a call if I adjust volume, then hang up and go back to the home screen, the ringer volume control is no longer there - the ringer volume control appears as the call volume control.

Last edited by slthomas00; 01-07-2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

wja777 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthomas00 View Post

Thanks for the info. I know I played around for some time with the settings before going back to the 1.3 rom. Don't know if this was one of those areas or not... I'll re-flash and give it a try and report back...

...replied too soon before reading follow up post... Glad i caught your re-post before re-flashing... I knew i tried just about everything i could think of. I even installed a .cab i found somewhere the supposidly fixed a low sound problem on the tp2 i found here a ppc geeks while doing some research on the issue... Again, made the phone louder for everything other than the ringer....

Last edited by wja777; 01-07-2011 at 07:53 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development