PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 1-30-11★SharkieROM v3.4★Generic\Sprint★29007\21916★Sense2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
Don't flash to stock..
Flash Vinn Rom that has latest radio, then...
RE-DOWNLOAD sharkie rom...
THEN flash Sharkie rom.

ALSO:
Goto:
Settings - Phone - bottom tab "Network" -
then press dropdown box & select "CDMA only"...
install carrier cab..

Problem should be solved
I dont know if it was anything that I did but when i flashed back to formulas rom the rom that ive been using for over a month the one that never drops reception in that area. For some reason it was having the same issues as sharkies I can't figure out why!
I can't understand why its a dead zone! Its in providence, RI its suppose to be in an area that gets 4g coverage. I mean WTF

But im going to do what you say.

and I guess Ill find out monday if it works or not since Im going back to work then.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

emurill31 is a n00b

Quote:
I know that cab.
You have option, UNINSTALL THAT TWEAK CAB !
OR..
just open nuebattery settings AND "uncheck" boxes..
There...
it is not doing nothing anymore, just like the tweak cab..
Ok that sounds like an option, I'll give it a shot... I don't want to uninstall the tweaks because so far it's the ONLY thing that has allowed me to delete the Verizon Wireless settings in the data connection from coming up automatically after each startup...
thx
Old 02-04-2011, 09:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
I dont know if it was anything that I did but when i flashed back to formulas rom the rom that ive been using for over a month the one that never drops reception in that area. For some reason it was having the same issues as sharkies I can't figure out why!
I can't understand why its a dead zone! Its in providence, RI its suppose to be in an area that gets 4g coverage. I mean WTF
then.
what's your PRL?
did you do a prl update ?
OR
Hit that "update" button BEFORE you provision with sprint cab?

If you had fluctuation of signal, that is a selection change,
which is the PRL list of which tower signals to choose.
So Updating & changing your 'PRL" is likely culprit, even if it is newer number.

Flashing to stock will revert your prl to before.
do not press prl update update.
Only do the Sprint cab.

EDIT:
OR,
learn how to manually change the prl file.
you would need your msl (click links in my sig)

EDIT2:
Also you can update your PRI (check my link for Sprint)

Last edited by Maxx134; 02-04-2011 at 10:09 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by emurill31 View Post
Ok that sounds like an option, I'll give it a shot... I don't want to uninstall the tweaks because so far it's the ONLY thing that has allowed me to delete the Verizon Wireless settings in the data connection from coming up automatically after each startup...
thx
Woops, didn't notice your carrier.
I dont know about Verizon, so I am probably mistaken about cab.
but post the cab and I will cleanup and extract the "nuebat" stuff out for you.
So your install will be smaller.
The main advantage I like of nuebattery is being able to run your device to zero battery,
without it shutting off or going into airplane mode on low battery.
You can disable the 4 other options which are nice also

Last edited by Maxx134; 02-04-2011 at 09:51 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

emurill31 is a n00b

Quote:
Woops, didn't notice your carrier.
I dont know about Verizon, so I am probably mistaken about cab.
but post the cab and I will cleanup and extract the "nuebat" stuff out for you.
So your install will be smaller.
The main advantage I like of nuebattery is being able to run your device to zero battery,
without it shutting off or going into airplane mode on low battery.
You can disable the 4 other options which are nice also
Well I think I'll give it a try for a bit... I wanted to delete it because I didn't find it was too much use and I had read on other thread that some people have been having the problem of it draining the battery... hasn't happened for me. But you sound to know way more about it than I do so I'll test it for a while and if I do definitely want to take it off I'll post the .cab as you suggest....
appreciate the help
Old 02-05-2011, 04:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP

@ ModmyPPC

Here is the Verizon 2.37 radio... all you have to do is run it like flashing a ROM. It won't touch the ROM or any files besides the radio, no worries. Easier and quicker than flashing Vins ROM and then flashing back (only takes a minute or so), you can always flash back to Sprints radio or try the 2.35 Vrz radio if it doesn't help. If you still have problems, you can do like Maxx said and re-download the ROM and flash again, but this is a quick way without having to redo your ROM as it is now. This works on my Sprint phone better than than the Sprint radio... your mileage may vary?

VZW.2.37.Radio.zip
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

I've heard many good things about that radio so far. I've not messed with the radio since I've had my TP2 because the radio it came with works phenomenally for me, but I've been thinking about upgrading to this new one just because of all the good things I keep reading.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP

I never had problems with my radio either, except for it fluctuating between 2-5 bars. Now with this it, it stays at 5 or at the worst it goes to 4.

Btw, tried your ROM week ago or so. It seems really nice. I tried sending myself a text from Yahoo and it never came through? The only other problem I had was the youtube playback being slow, but it sounds like you got that fixed. I've been on Vins ROMs for a long time and put SPB on it. I also started cooking myself and has that been time consuming lol. Starting to get the hang of it, but lots to learn.

May give your ROM another try here, are you close to getting a new ROM with 2021 Sense done? May wait for that?

Keep up the good work.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

No, I haven't really been playing much with 2021 yet. Caught the flu or something the day after it dropped and just didn't have the energy. I'll probably start messing with that again this weekend. Shouldn't be too hard. From what I've read, this round of Sense comes almost "ready to go".

@ Everyone,

I made a Kimi_sae_irba SMS Bubble skin for WM Messaging. Check it out HERE.

This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
I've heard many good things about that radio so far. I've not messed with the radio since I've had my TP2 because the radio it came with works phenomenally for me, but I've been thinking about upgrading to this new one just because of all the good things I keep reading.
Agree all all; however, I've never been afraid of any other mods/brickage except radios LOL. After Maxx's post seemed too easy (plus a couple sketchy phone calls a few days ago) What the heck, off all day so jumped in the deep end. Working great so far. Live in a 100yr old brick house and did notice running full bars since flashing. Keep you posted how it works w/your ROM. So good so far.
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development