PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2011, 11:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 1-30-11★SharkieROM v3.4★Generic\Sprint★29007\21916★Sense2019

That's understandable. I'll think on this for a bit. Right off, I can't think of a reason why my ROM would affect reception. I mean, usually that's a radio thing and my ROM does not touch the radio. We'll see... something may magically occur to me one day. I appreciate you giving it another go. I'll let you know should I have any revelations on the reception matter.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:23 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
That's understandable. I'll think on this for a bit. Right off, I can't think of a reason why my ROM would affect reception. I mean, usually that's a radio thing and my ROM does not touch the radio. We'll see... something may magically occur to me one day. I appreciate you giving it another go. I'll let you know should I have any revelations on the reception matter.
Well If you could look into it the sprint stock rom 6.5 gives me full reception.

Is there anything different from the radio in that rom vs yours?

I would willing to flash a radio To keep your rom because I think its def. worth it! I dont know how to go about it I know theres a radio thread in this section but Im not too confident in doing so Im afraid I may bick my phone.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:48 AM
Almost a VIP

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

UPDATE:

I have no clue what I did or what the phone did but it has full bars now!?

The phone gave me an error of "Cannot dial #777 connection lost) or some b.s. like that then the phone shut down!

I turned the phone back on and sent a text and now it has full bars!? But for the past 4 hours it had none! and It was stuck on airplane mode and switched between EV and 1x with the globe running.

I have no idea why this happend. But im afraid to touch the phone because it may freak out again. lol J/k

Well it looks like I spoke too soon.... Fu#k I hate this!!! I installed a swype cab and restart the phone and its back to its P.O.S. reception...

Last edited by ModmyPPC; 02-04-2011 at 12:40 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

wja777 is just getting started

Sharkie... Loving the rom... running 3.4 6.5.x and have not had any issues, (knock on wood)... great job...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
UPDATE:

I have no clue what I did or what the phone did but it has full bars now!?

The phone gave me an error of "Cannot dial #777 connection lost) or some b.s. like that then the phone shut down!

I turned the phone back on and sent a text and now it has full bars!? But for the past 4 hours it had none! and It was stuck on airplane mode and switched between EV and 1x with the globe running.

I have no idea why this happend. But im afraid to touch the phone because it may freak out again. lol J/k

Well it looks like I spoke too soon.... Fu#k I hate this!!! I installed a swype cab and restart the phone and its back to its P.O.S. reception...
ModMyPPC, have you tried the carrier provisioning under system tools. I know you have the sprint version, but running that sometimes helps...

you also may want to run the "update PRL" which is under settings -> system..

don't know if these will help but maybe worth a try...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

bmh1 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by wja777 View Post
Sharkie... Loving the rom... running 3.4 6.5.x and have not had any issues, (knock on wood)... great job...

ModMyPPC, have you tried the carrier provisioning under system tools. I know you have the sprint version, but running that sometimes helps...

I'm on day#2 with Sharkie's rom and am loving it too. A few minor issues but overall it's much better than stock. One thing I can't seem to figure out is how to update the PRL. I didn't see it under "settings -> system". Also, what does the Carrier Provisioning program do when you select your carrier and hit "commit"?
Old 02-04-2011, 01:48 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:

I also thought about mentioning that, but I assumed that he'd already done that. Perhaps not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmh1 View Post
I'm on day#2 with Sharkie's rom and am loving it too. A few minor issues but overall it's much better than stock. One thing I can't seem to figure out is how to update the PRL. I didn't see it under "settings -> system". Also, what does the Carrier Provisioning program do when you select your carrier and hit "commit"?
Carrier Provisioning is simply a package of Carrier cabs. I'm on Sprint, so I choose Sprint and hit commit. All that does is start the installation of the Sprint Carrier cab. If you choose Verizon, it will start the installation of the Verizon Carrier cab. From this point you will be at the usual beginning of a cab install where you can cancel out if you need to. I'm not sure about the others since I've only ever installed the Sprint version, but the Update PRL and Update Profile are part of the Sprint Carrier cab. After you install the Sprint cab, go to Settings\System and you will find the Update PRL and Update Profile links.

Oh, after the Carrier cab installs, make sure you soft reset like it's prompts you to.

As a general FYI to anyone who may not have been aware,
After installing a Carrier cab, you may need to reconnect to the newly established Carrier. I usually don't have to, but every once in a while I do. To do this, go to Settings\Connections: Manage existing connections. On the Modem Page (the one that it will open up on) you should see your carrier name. In my case, it says Sprint. Long press the carrier name (right click) and hit connect.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 02-04-2011 at 02:01 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

bmh1 is just getting started

Thanks a bunch, Sharkie! I apologize if this has been asked before but is there a way to add new applications to the start menu folders? For example, I would like to put Slingplayer under the "Multimedia" folder.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:16 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmh1 View Post
Thanks a bunch, Sharkie! I apologize if this has been asked before but is there a way to add new applications to the start menu folders? For example, I would like to put Slingplayer under the "Multimedia" folder.
I'm assuming that the Slingplayer link is just sitting on the first page of the Start Menu? If so, using File Explorer, go to My Device\Windows\Start Menu\Programs. Find the link to Slingplayer and press down on it until the menu pops up. Choose cut, then go into the \Windows\Start Menu\Multimedia folder. Once inside, hit Menu on the bottom right and choose edit at the very bottom, you'll have to scroll the menu up to see it. After choosing "edit" then choose "paste". Thus, you have moved the link out of the beginning of the Start Menu and into the Multimedia folder.

Just cut and paste the link!
Old 02-04-2011, 02:23 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
As a general FYI to anyone who may not have been aware,
After installing a Carrier cab, you may need to reconnect to the newly established Carrier. I usually don't have to, but every once in a while I do. To do this, go to Settings\Connections: Manage existing connections. On the Modem Page (the one that it will open up on) you should see your carrier name. In my case, it says Sprint. Long press the carrier name (right click) and hit connect.
Sorry for being such a dumba$$ I assumed since it was a sprint rom that the sprint carrier cab would be installed automatically.

Well I did install the carrier cab it installed successfully to device.

I went to the manage existing connections and on the modem page it does show sprint.

Well I tried to update prl and it gave me the error

"PRL could not be updated. Please try again later. If the problem persists, you may need to conatact customer service

Error code: 1012"

Then I tried updating the pofile and I got this error

"The profile update could not be completed. Please try again later. If the problem persists, you may need to contact customer service.

Error code: 1012"
Old 02-04-2011, 02:35 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Did you soft reset after installing the Sprint cab?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development