View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 01:48 PM
Sharkie405
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 1-30-11★SharkieROM v3.4★Generic\Sprint★29007\21916★Sense2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by wja777 View Post
Sharkie... Loving the rom... running 3.4 6.5.x and have not had any issues, (knock on wood)... great job...

ModMyPPC, have you tried the carrier provisioning under system tools. I know you have the sprint version, but running that sometimes helps...

you also may want to run the "update PRL" which is under settings -> system..

don't know if these will help but maybe worth a try...
I also thought about mentioning that, but I assumed that he'd already done that. Perhaps not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmh1 View Post
I'm on day#2 with Sharkie's rom and am loving it too. A few minor issues but overall it's much better than stock. One thing I can't seem to figure out is how to update the PRL. I didn't see it under "settings -> system". Also, what does the Carrier Provisioning program do when you select your carrier and hit "commit"?
Carrier Provisioning is simply a package of Carrier cabs. I'm on Sprint, so I choose Sprint and hit commit. All that does is start the installation of the Sprint Carrier cab. If you choose Verizon, it will start the installation of the Verizon Carrier cab. From this point you will be at the usual beginning of a cab install where you can cancel out if you need to. I'm not sure about the others since I've only ever installed the Sprint version, but the Update PRL and Update Profile are part of the Sprint Carrier cab. After you install the Sprint cab, go to Settings\System and you will find the Update PRL and Update Profile links.

Oh, after the Carrier cab installs, make sure you soft reset like it's prompts you to.

As a general FYI to anyone who may not have been aware,
After installing a Carrier cab, you may need to reconnect to the newly established Carrier. I usually don't have to, but every once in a while I do. To do this, go to Settings\Connections: Manage existing connections. On the Modem Page (the one that it will open up on) you should see your carrier name. In my case, it says Sprint. Long press the carrier name (right click) and hit connect.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 02-04-2011 at 02:01 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.