PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2011, 04:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12-06-10(CE-21686-Sense2019)★SharkieROM v2.0 R1★Generic\Sprint[21683\21916-Sense2

Any of you guys ever play around with the "glmodeswitch"? Is it a waste of space in your opinion? I know it's designed for the HD2 and some say it doesn't work on other devices. What do you think?

Keep it or get rid of it?
Old 01-08-2011, 05:09 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Been on the latest ce rom an everything seems extremely well compared to the second to last ce rom. No sense issues like before. The only issue i been having is when i receive a call sometimes when i slide to answer it will not connect me to the call. But it will show as a missed call. I think it happens more frequent when im unable to answer within the first or second ring. Like when i do slide to answer there is a sort of delay before it connects but by that time its to late?

My battery is extremely better aswell. But this could be result of many factors. No2chem battery set back to default except 1%, chts settings to disable data for defined profiles, and an app i always used, reremind, caused battery loss (so i read) So i didnt install it this time. I might try my auto loud speaker cab agian as i thought it was the issue but it may not of been.

Another user had noticed in notification manager (topbar tap) that it would say data network instead of sprint. I get this aswell, while data active it says data network but when data off it says sprint. I dont really see it causing any problem thou. I also flash generic without sprint provisioning cab. Like i said no bad side effects of this so therefor not a prob if it says whatever it wants, as long i have data.

The ringer level not sure i understand but the only thing i notice is when in call volume is at half way level so then i raise it 100% then the next time on call the in call vol is back at half way, so it goes back to default level?

Sharkie,
So how you been? Everything good. You ever messed with new start menu icons yet? I know you fixed the media volume with the to the side type profile that you will include in future roms but can a simple cab install work? Im really looking forward to that and the start menu icons ( maybe cht original icons) know you been busy but not used to you being away this long. You do still have plans for us right, cause i desided im not getting another phone till either 1 year or a dual core processor with super amolded screen, 512 or more ram, front face cam to name a few come state side ( not the first 1 that comes out but the competition of these kind specs) so needless to say im with tp2 for awhile. Chts has kept me busy with the profiles an layouts but just asking for a lil update.

Thanks

Sent from my MID using Tapatalk
Old 01-08-2011, 05:14 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Any of you guys ever play around with the "glmodeswitch"? Is it a waste of space in your opinion? I know it's designed for the HD2 and some say it doesn't work on other devices. What do you think?

Keep it or get rid of it?
I always wondered what it was. Is it on automatic after a flash or do you have to manually/user set it up. I pesonally never mess with it

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:49 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Re: 12-06-10(CE-21686-Sense2019)★SharkieROM v2.0 R1★Generic\Sprint[21683\21916-Sense2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
Been on the latest ce rom an everything seems extremely well compared to the second to last ce rom. No sense issues like before. The only issue i been having is when i receive a call sometimes when i slide to answer it will not connect me to the call. But it will show as a missed call. I think it happens more frequent when im unable to answer within the first or second ring. Like when i do slide to answer there is a sort of delay before it connects but by that time its to late?

My battery is extremely better aswell. But this could be result of many factors. No2chem battery set back to default except 1%, chts settings to disable data for defined profiles, and an app i always used, reremind, caused battery loss (so i read) So i didnt install it this time. I might try my auto loud speaker cab agian as i thought it was the issue but it may not of been.

Another user had noticed in notification manager (topbar tap) that it would say data network instead of sprint. I get this aswell, while data active it says data network but when data off it says sprint. I dont really see it causing any problem thou. I also flash generic without sprint provisioning cab. Like i said no bad side effects of this so therefor not a prob if it says whatever it wants, as long i have data.

The ringer level not sure i understand but the only thing i notice is when in call volume is at half way level so then i raise it 100% then the next time on call the in call vol is back at half way, so it goes back to default level?

Sharkie,
So how you been? Everything good. You ever messed with new start menu icons yet? I know you fixed the media volume with the to the side type profile that you will include in future roms but can a simple cab install work? Im really looking forward to that and the start menu icons ( maybe cht original icons) know you been busy but not used to you being away this long. You do still have plans for us right, cause i desided im not getting another phone till either 1 year or a dual core processor with super amolded screen, 512 or more ram, front face cam to name a few come state side ( not the first 1 that comes out but the competition of these kind specs) so needless to say im with tp2 for awhile. Chts has kept me busy with the profiles an layouts but just asking for a lil update.

Thanks

Glad to hear that you're not having anymore Sense issues on the latest. I've not noticed the delay in answering a call. Anyone else?

I hadn't noticed that it says data in notification manager before. I must have missed that post. Sorry. As you said, it's good that it's not actually messing data in anyway. I'll look into, but I'm not too concerned with it and may not have it fixed by the next update.

To be honest, I'm a bit confused on the call/in-call/volume as well. I've got to sit down and slowly read through those posts again and put it together in my head. I do plan on fixing this before the next update. Hopefully, it will be an easy fix. I've not looked into it yet because I've been focusing on other issues.

One of those other issues being Opera. I've removed Opera from my ROM totally and am going to leave it up to you guys to install your own. As I've said before, UC Web is my preferred browswer so it will be set as the default. It will still be removable.
I tried literally like 10 diferent Opera cabs both 9.7 and 10 and they all had some sort of issues when set to install as a cab at boot up. I don't know WTF is up with that, but I'm done with Opera. If I cooked it in then people would be stuck with whatever version I installed and since I don't even use it, it just seems stupid. Opera takes up a fair amount of space and I hate for people to be stuck with having two versions of Opera on their phone. It's easy enough to install on ones own, especially if you stick it in your XDA UC folder.
Needless to say, Opera has been one of the big hold ups on me putting anything new out.

The afore mentioned all-day appts not showing on the home screen "issue" was also something that held me up for a while.

I've been good. Thanks for asking. I recently got a PS3 which I F'ing love! So, I've been playing on that a lot. GranTurismo 5 is my latest addiction. Having Blu-Ray now makes me want to watch more movies and Netflix instant streaming movies is bad ass as well. Anyway, that's a big reason why I've not been around much lately as well.

I'll look into making a volume cab install fix and I'll try to be better about thinking along those lines. In my head its always kitchen and I sometimes forget that you can work on the phone itself and not only in the kitchen.

I still love the shit out of my TP2 and don't plan upgrading anytime soon! But yes, I still have plans

Edit: So the Volume ordeal was just that. It was not an easy fix or replacing a file or two. In the end, I compiled an entirely new Volume package from 2 or 3 other packages and combined registry entries from 2 or 3 different packages mixed with ones that I had figured out on my own.

I've thrown all the files and registry entries in this cab. I believe it should work, but I don't know for sure as I can't test it out on my ROM because it's all already in there. I've installed it and everything still works right and then I uninstalled it and it uninstalled fine. So I don't think you should have any issues with it. It will change the volume bar from one (if you've left it how it is by default) to two (system and ring).

I'd be curious to know if this cab has any effect on the ringer volume issue as well, so one of you guys let me know...

Obviously let me know if it works to fix the double volume issue.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 01-08-2011 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:24 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Bump, edited previous post!
Old 01-09-2011, 01:59 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthomas00 View Post
Wrote too soon. After unchecking the box I have volume control again on the ringer. Issue now though is as WJA777 explains - at top volume on the ringer is about 1/2 as loud as it used to be. The last 1/2 ring though goes to full volume. The system volume though is very loud at top volume - only affecting ringer. Strange.
Woohoo! So I've finally fixed this issue. The problem was two XMLs that I was cooking in to set the default ringtone.

1)
<characteristic type="Registry">
<characteristic type="HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0" translation="filesystem">
<parm name="Sound" datatype="string" value="\Windows\Rings\Ring-Birds2.wav" />
<parm name="Script-OemRingtoneGap" datatype="string" value="w3" />
<parm name="Category" datatype="string" value="Ring" />
<parm name="Script" datatype="string" value="apw3r" />

2)
<characteristic type="HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0" translation="filesystem">
<parm name="Script-OemRingtoneGap" datatype="string" value="w3" />
<parm name="Category" datatype="string" value="Ring" />
<parm name="Script" datatype="string" value="apw3r" />

---To fix the issue in my kitchen I remove everything from these two registry settings except for:

<characteristic type="HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0" translation="filesystem"> <parm name="Sound" datatype="string" value="\Windows\Rings\Ring-Birds2.wav"

So you can try removing the extra registry settings from the phone that I've removed from the kitchen and see if that works to fix the issue on the phone. Or you can try playing around with different values for them. I don't believe I can make a cab or anything as a quick fix for you guys, but at least now you know where the problem lies.
Quote:
The same issue remains for ringer volume control. While in a call if I adjust volume, then hang up and go back to the home screen, the ringer volume control is no longer there - the ringer volume control appears as the call volume control.
I'm a bit confused still on what you mean by this. By ringer volume you, mean the volume bar being split into two System\Ringer? When you say the ringer volume is no longer there, where should it be? and where is it appearing as the call volume control. In call volume control only shows up when you adjust the volume while in a call right? Other than that it's system volume or ringer volume or just one volume for both if you leave it how I have it set by default. Sorry, for the confusion on my end I'm trying...

Last edited by Sharkie405; 01-09-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

slthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Excited to try - thanks Sharkie. Looks like you mention editing 2 registry settings but they appear to be the same. Did you by chance copy/paste on accident? (both above appear to be the same - HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0)

Regarding the volume control issue - stop apologizing - you are doing way more than expected. Sounds like you spent way too much time on the all day appointment question. You should have punted it along time ago. Really appreciate the efforts though.

The issue I see is if I adjust the volume while on a call, adjustment bar appears with just volume bars - no vibrate, no silent option - just as you would expect. After I hang up and try to adjust the system/ringer volume - I am missing the silent and vibrate options at the bottom of the adjustment screen. The adjustment bar screen for the ringer option now just looks just like the call volume adjustment screen. Hopefully that adds clarity.

Before you spend time though, let me know what the 2nd registry setting to edit. Perhaps that will solve this issue too. Thanks Sharkie.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:25 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Excited to try - thanks Sharkie. Looks like you mention editing 2 registry settings but they appear to be the same. Did you by chance copy/paste on accident? (both above appear to be the same - HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0)

Regarding the volume control issue - stop apologizing - you are doing way more than expected. Sounds like you spent way too much time on the all day appointment question. You should have punted it along time ago. Really appreciate the efforts though.

The issue I see is if I adjust the volume while on a call, adjustment bar appears with just volume bars - no vibrate, no silent option - just as you would expect. After I hang up and try to adjust the system/ringer volume - I am missing the silent and vibrate options at the bottom of the adjustment screen. The adjustment bar screen for the ringer option now just looks just like the call volume adjustment screen. Hopefully that adds clarity.

Before you spend time though, let me know what the 2nd registry setting to edit. Perhaps that will solve this issue too. Thanks Sharkie.
I understand what you mean now about the volume. I'll check it out and see what's up with that. Here's the correct second registry setting.

<characteristic type="HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Ring" translation="filesystem">
<parm name="DefaultSound" datatype="string" value="\windows\Rings\Ring-Birds2.wav" />
<parm name="InitVol" datatype="integer" value="5" />
<parm name="Speaker" datatype="integer" value="1" />
<parm name="Directory" datatype="string" value="\Windows\" />
<parm name="AttenuationCategory" datatype="integer" value="2" />

Perfection is the goal. If I'm not going to bother with shooting for it then WTF am I doing?

Last edited by Sharkie405; 01-09-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

slthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

OK - I tried what you said. For HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0, I wiped everything except

I also followed everything you had for

HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Ring

I ended up with no volume on the ringer at all. I then went in and pasted back in all the keys for what you had for HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0 (all the keys you show above).

Now I have full volume. I now also have ringer volume control after I adjust a call volume control. Not sure why it is working as these were the original registry values I had ....

All works - curious how though ....

Last edited by slthomas00; 01-09-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:15 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I just checked and I don't have the incall volume controls remaining after having ended a call issue that you mentioned. So, I guess this fix also fixed that...

Glad we got that out of the way. Thanks for your help!

@ Everyone,

I was thinking that instead of making people wait another week or so while I let the beta testers test things out, I'd go ahead and release the betas here in the thread for you guys to test out.

I'm using 28244, which is the build that a couple of people reported People Tab issues with like auto rearrangement of contacts and such. I've been on this build for the last 3 or 4 weeks and I've not had any issues like that. This is the main reason I'm still calling it a beta though. I want you guys to test it out and let me know if you run into that issue before I officially release it and change the 1st post.

My goal is to have it up by later on tonight, but we'll see. Stay tuned...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development