View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 01:59 PM
Sharkie405
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12-06-10(CE-21686-Sense2019)★SharkieROM v2.0 R1★Generic\Sprint[21683\21916-Sense2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthomas00 View Post
Wrote too soon. After unchecking the box I have volume control again on the ringer. Issue now though is as WJA777 explains - at top volume on the ringer is about 1/2 as loud as it used to be. The last 1/2 ring though goes to full volume. The system volume though is very loud at top volume - only affecting ringer. Strange.
Woohoo! So I've finally fixed this issue. The problem was two XMLs that I was cooking in to set the default ringtone.

1)
<characteristic type="Registry">
<characteristic type="HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0" translation="filesystem">
<parm name="Sound" datatype="string" value="\Windows\Rings\Ring-Birds2.wav" />
<parm name="Script-OemRingtoneGap" datatype="string" value="w3" />
<parm name="Category" datatype="string" value="Ring" />
<parm name="Script" datatype="string" value="apw3r" />

2)
<characteristic type="Registry">
<characteristic type="HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0" translation="filesystem">
<parm name="Script-OemRingtoneGap" datatype="string" value="w3" />
<parm name="Category" datatype="string" value="Ring" />
<parm name="Script" datatype="string" value="apw3r" />

---To fix the issue in my kitchen I remove everything from these two registry settings except for:

<characteristic type="HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0" translation="filesystem"> <parm name="Sound" datatype="string" value="\Windows\Rings\Ring-Birds2.wav"

So you can try removing the extra registry settings from the phone that I've removed from the kitchen and see if that works to fix the issue on the phone. Or you can try playing around with different values for them. I don't believe I can make a cab or anything as a quick fix for you guys, but at least now you know where the problem lies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slthomas00 View Post
The same issue remains for ringer volume control. While in a call if I adjust volume, then hang up and go back to the home screen, the ringer volume control is no longer there - the ringer volume control appears as the call volume control.
I'm a bit confused still on what you mean by this. By ringer volume you, mean the volume bar being split into two System\Ringer? When you say the ringer volume is no longer there, where should it be? and where is it appearing as the call volume control. In call volume control only shows up when you adjust the volume while in a call right? Other than that it's system volume or ringer volume or just one volume for both if you leave it how I have it set by default. Sorry, for the confusion on my end I'm trying...

Last edited by Sharkie405; 01-09-2011 at 02:02 PM.