View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Sharkie405
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12-06-10(CE-21686-Sense2019)★SharkieROM v2.0 R1★Generic\Sprint[21683\21916-Sense2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthomas00 View Post
Excited to try - thanks Sharkie. Looks like you mention editing 2 registry settings but they appear to be the same. Did you by chance copy/paste on accident? (both above appear to be the same - HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0)

Regarding the volume control issue - stop apologizing - you are doing way more than expected. Sounds like you spent way too much time on the all day appointment question. You should have punted it along time ago. Really appreciate the efforts though.

The issue I see is if I adjust the volume while on a call, adjustment bar appears with just volume bars - no vibrate, no silent option - just as you would expect. After I hang up and try to adjust the system/ringer volume - I am missing the silent and vibrate options at the bottom of the adjustment screen. The adjustment bar screen for the ringer option now just looks just like the call volume adjustment screen. Hopefully that adds clarity.

Before you spend time though, let me know what the 2nd registry setting to edit. Perhaps that will solve this issue too. Thanks Sharkie.
I understand what you mean now about the volume. I'll check it out and see what's up with that. Here's the correct second registry setting.

<characteristic type="Registry">
<characteristic type="HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Ring" translation="filesystem">
<parm name="DefaultSound" datatype="string" value="\windows\Rings\Ring-Birds2.wav" />
<parm name="InitVol" datatype="integer" value="5" />
<parm name="Speaker" datatype="integer" value="1" />
<parm name="Directory" datatype="string" value="\Windows\" />
<parm name="AttenuationCategory" datatype="integer" value="2" />

Perfection is the goal. If I'm not going to bother with shooting for it then WTF am I doing?

Last edited by Sharkie405; 01-09-2011 at 04:45 PM.