PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 02:33 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What i was talking about, in call volume level, was different then the prob the others were with volume. I tried seperating it from the other so sorry for the confusion. Its not really a bug but just irritating. I get a call and answer, i then raise the in call vol to the highest level from about the 50% level. Everything is fine, hang up still everythings fine...until the next phone call, answer then check the in call vol and its back to about 50%, wtf i just wondering if the in call vol can be set or user changed to full vol as default?

The other issue wasnt meant as a delay to answer the phone but just a theory to the prob. There are times that while i have an incoming call, the phone dialer shows up as normal but sometimes when i slide to answer the actual slider gets stuck to the left ( slide to answer is slide left) and it wont connect call and is kinda in limbo before it actual disconnects. So thats were the delay theory came in. Its not everytime just sometimes. I was thinking maybe i tried to answer on the "last ring or two" and if there was a possible delay or something, i dunno.

The "data network" in notification mnger was something another user posted awhile back and i just was comfirming thats what it said for me but there was no problems with my data, so i was just wondering if they had a problem cause of it or was it just cause it didnt say sprint? When i say notification mnger i mean if you tap the taskbar (the right half) that screen that pops up with the "ur network name", battery, if you have any notifications an close at the bottom. Agian this isnt an issue for me but only brought it up for that other user whos name i forgot and to lazy to go back in the pages to look for it, lol, im sorry

Gud stuff on the removal of opera. Dont know much on ps3 but i got a dusty wii and blueray is da shit. I was a sceptic at first, that is till i watched one blueray movie (the nature one)....believe. and great news on keeping tp2.

Ill check out that vol cab, but dont worry much since you fixed it (thanks) for next release that i guess will come soon...more great news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Glad to hear that you're not having anymore Sense issues on the latest. I've not noticed the delay in answering a call. Anyone else?

I hadn't noticed that it says data in notification manager before. I must have missed that post. Sorry. As you said, it's good that it's not actually messing data in anyway. I'll look into, but I'm not too concerned with it and may not have it fixed by the next update.

To be honest, I'm a bit confused on the call/in-call/volume as well. I've got to sit down and slowly read through those posts again and put it together in my head. I do plan on fixing this before the next update. Hopefully, it will be an easy fix. I've not looked into it yet because I've been focusing on other issues.

One of those other issues being Opera. I've removed Opera from my ROM totally and am going to leave it up to you guys to install your own. As I've said before, UC Web is my preferred browswer so it will be set as the default. It will still be removable.
I tried literally like 10 diferent Opera cabs both 9.7 and 10 and they all had some sort of issues when set to install as a cab at boot up. I don't know WTF is up with that, but I'm done with Opera. If I cooked it in then people would be stuck with whatever version I installed and since I don't even use it, it just seems stupid. Opera takes up a fair amount of space and I hate for people to be stuck with having two versions of Opera on their phone. It's easy enough to install on ones own, especially if you stick it in your XDA UC folder.
Needless to say, Opera has been one of the big hold ups on me putting anything new out.

The afore mentioned all-day appts not showing on the home screen "issue" was also something that held me up for a while.

I've been good. Thanks for asking. I recently got a PS3 which I F'ing love! So, I've been playing on that a lot. GranTurismo 5 is my latest addiction. Having Blu-Ray now makes me want to watch more movies and Netflix instant streaming movies is bad ass as well. Anyway, that's a big reason why I've not been around much lately as well.

I'll look into making a volume cab install fix and I'll try to be better about thinking along those lines. In my head its always kitchen and I sometimes forget that you can work on the phone itself and not only in the kitchen.

I still love the shit out of my TP2 and don't plan upgrading anytime soon! But yes, I still have plans

Edit: So the Volume ordeal was just that. It was not an easy fix or replacing a file or two. In the end, I compiled an entirely new Volume package from 2 or 3 other packages and combined registry entries from 2 or 3 different packages mixed with ones that I had figured out on my own.

I've thrown all the files and registry entries in this cab. I believe it should work, but I don't know for sure as I can't test it out on my ROM because it's all already in there. I've installed it and everything still works right and then I uninstalled it and it uninstalled fine. So I don't think you should have any issues with it. It will change the volume bar from one (if you've left it how it is by default) to two (system and ring).

I'd be curious to know if this cab has any effect on the ringer volume issue as well, so one of you guys let me know...

Obviously let me know if it works to fix the double volume issue.

Sent from my MID using Tapatalk
Old 01-10-2011, 04:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
6.5.X SharkieROM v3.0 Betas are up

6.5.X Generic SharkieROM v3.0 Beta

6.5.X Sprint SharkieROM v3.0 Beta

(Beta Closed)

Some of the changes are:

-Updated Notification Enhancement (the new version includes a Task Manager link)

-New MM Task Manager skin

-Removed Opera

-Some Start Menu rearrangements

-Added "Action Links" folder to Start Menu. Contained in this folder are:
-Bluetooth toggle
-WiFi toggle
-Lock Device link
-Restart Sense link
-Ringer\Vibrate toggle

I will probably try and make the entire "Action Links" folder and it's contents into a cab and have it install at boot up so that those of you who use CHT (the majority)and have no need for those toggles can remove them. I should be able to do this with relative ease, so I don't see that holding things up.

-Some Start Menu icon changes. I'm probably going to start working on a new set of icons here in the next couple of weeks. As I'm sure you well know, that's a lot of work and I didn't want to put off releasing a ROM because of that. When I get a new set completed, I'll just upload a zip of them to this thread and you'll just be able to unzip it to windows or use an icon changing app to accomplish that.

-Added the "Bigger Icons 3 Column Start Menu" cab installing at boot up. I'd been using that for a while now and I've grown to like it a lot. It makes the phone feel a little bigger, IMO and it makes the icons look nicer as well since they're bigger. Since it's installing as a cab you can just remove it and you'll get my usual 4 column start menu.

-Added link to Keyboard Config. in System Tools. It's still in the settings\system as well as I can't figure out how to get rid of that, but I hated having to go that far into the start menu to find it. This way it's easier to access and can be set as a quicklink as well, if you so choose.

-Speaking of Keyboard Config., I've mapped "Comm Manager" to open when you long press the "end" key.
I've got rid of the "Long Press EndKey" package since most of those options are now available through the "Action Links" folder. More space saved!!! You can go into Keyboard Config. and make changes as you see fit.

-Fixed all volume issues, I believe, including double volume in Music tab and Youtube, low ringer volume and incall volume screen remaining when not in a call.

-Added a splash and a subsplash screen to these ROMS as well. I don't have time right now to explain how to change it for those of you that don't like it, but I will sit down and write a brief tutorial at some point before an official release.

-All sounds have been changed: ringtone, new sms, start up.wav, etc....

-New start up animated gif as well

-I'm already tired of the wallpaper that I've been using (the one in these beta ROMs) so I'll probably change that as well before an official release.

The main reason I'm labeling this as a beta is because I'm going with 28244 as my build for this ROM. I've been using it for about 4 weeks now, with no issues. This is the build that a couple of people mentioned having People Tab contact issues with. I've not had any such issues, but I didn't before either. So, I need this area tested out thoroughly before I call it an official release.

I'm sure there are more changes, but I'm short on time right now.

Hope you guys like it. As usual, let me know your thoughts on things, bugs or just opinions. They are always welcome.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 01-12-2011 at 01:16 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:44 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27
Re: 12-06-10(CE-21686-Sense2019)★SharkieROM v2.0 R1★Generic\Sprint[21683\21916-Sense2

downloading now and will report after flashing thanks i needed a flash

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:01 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: 12-06-10(CE-21686-Sense2019)★SharkieROM v2.0 R1★Generic\Sprint[21683\21916-Sense2

alright, but its gonna take me longer this time...i got dat system tools 2011 virus on pc and havent sit down to remove it yet

but gud lookin
Old 01-11-2011, 12:42 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

I figured out how to add an "enter bootloader mode" link. So, I'll be adding that to the "Action Links" folder as well. That's one of the things about "Quick EndKey" that I found to be really handy.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 01-11-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Downloaded and setting up now. Like the new stuff. Keep you posted.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:48 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I'm going to close the beta (remove the links) today around 5:00pm. So, if you want to download it and haven't already done so, do so soon! I figure my base peeps will all have gotten it by that point.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

jhbryaniv is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

damn, seems I got here an hour to late
Old 01-11-2011, 07:07 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhbryaniv View Post
damn, seems I got here an hour to late
PM'ed ya!
Old 01-11-2011, 07:37 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Verizon users on the beta,

Is Comm Mgr. showing up on long pressing the end key instead of psShutXP?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development