View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 04:24 PM
Sharkie405
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
6.5.X SharkieROM v3.0 Betas are up

6.5.X Generic SharkieROM v3.0 Beta

6.5.X Sprint SharkieROM v3.0 Beta

(Beta Closed)

Some of the changes are:

-Updated Notification Enhancement (the new version includes a Task Manager link)

-New MM Task Manager skin

-Removed Opera

-Some Start Menu rearrangements

-Added "Action Links" folder to Start Menu. Contained in this folder are:
-Bluetooth toggle
-WiFi toggle
-Lock Device link
-Restart Sense link
-Ringer\Vibrate toggle

I will probably try and make the entire "Action Links" folder and it's contents into a cab and have it install at boot up so that those of you who use CHT (the majority)and have no need for those toggles can remove them. I should be able to do this with relative ease, so I don't see that holding things up.

-Some Start Menu icon changes. I'm probably going to start working on a new set of icons here in the next couple of weeks. As I'm sure you well know, that's a lot of work and I didn't want to put off releasing a ROM because of that. When I get a new set completed, I'll just upload a zip of them to this thread and you'll just be able to unzip it to windows or use an icon changing app to accomplish that.

-Added the "Bigger Icons 3 Column Start Menu" cab installing at boot up. I'd been using that for a while now and I've grown to like it a lot. It makes the phone feel a little bigger, IMO and it makes the icons look nicer as well since they're bigger. Since it's installing as a cab you can just remove it and you'll get my usual 4 column start menu.

-Added link to Keyboard Config. in System Tools. It's still in the settings\system as well as I can't figure out how to get rid of that, but I hated having to go that far into the start menu to find it. This way it's easier to access and can be set as a quicklink as well, if you so choose.

-Speaking of Keyboard Config., I've mapped "Comm Manager" to open when you long press the "end" key.
I've got rid of the "Long Press EndKey" package since most of those options are now available through the "Action Links" folder. More space saved!!! You can go into Keyboard Config. and make changes as you see fit.

-Fixed all volume issues, I believe, including double volume in Music tab and Youtube, low ringer volume and incall volume screen remaining when not in a call.

-Added a splash and a subsplash screen to these ROMS as well. I don't have time right now to explain how to change it for those of you that don't like it, but I will sit down and write a brief tutorial at some point before an official release.

-All sounds have been changed: ringtone, new sms, start up.wav, etc....

-New start up animated gif as well

-I'm already tired of the wallpaper that I've been using (the one in these beta ROMs) so I'll probably change that as well before an official release.

The main reason I'm labeling this as a beta is because I'm going with 28244 as my build for this ROM. I've been using it for about 4 weeks now, with no issues. This is the build that a couple of people mentioned having People Tab contact issues with. I've not had any such issues, but I didn't before either. So, I need this area tested out thoroughly before I call it an official release.

I'm sure there are more changes, but I'm short on time right now.

Hope you guys like it. As usual, let me know your thoughts on things, bugs or just opinions. They are always welcome.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 01-12-2011 at 01:16 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.