PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2011, 08:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 1-16-11-Updated★SharkieROM v3.0★Generic\Sprint★23563\21916★Sense2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixfoota21 View Post
using the beta, music tab, when i pressed vol up or down a black bar on left side appeared but no level indicators. ?? not sure why. I just got home and ran task29 / flashed 6.5x 3.0 and all is well.
OK, cool. I was gonna say... I got volume bars on mine.

@ Everyone,

So, I'm on the Sprint 6.5 ROM and I just noticed that on the hardware keyboard none of the directional arrows work.

Can someone who's flashes a 6.5 ROM let me know if they are getting this as well?

Edit: Nevernind. I hard reset, did my usual set up and it's working fine now. Must have been a fluke. Perhaps I should have Task29'ed before this last flash!

Edit 2: So, it's back. The only thing I did between my last edit and this one was set up my email acct. and play some music using Sense. When I played music I also adjusted the volume. I noticed that the up and down arrows on the hardware keyboard are now acting as volume controls and the left and right arrows do nothing. Anyone ever heard of this?? ...And is anyone on the 6.5.X ROM experiencing this? I am using a different volume control fix (HTC Volume Control.dll) that I just put in yesterday for the first time for the 6.5 Taskbar icons. This is probably the issue. 6.5 users please let me know if you have this same bug.

Edit 3: Now I just noticed that the arrows on the SIP also do the same thing. I'm going to pull the 6.5 ROMs down until I can figure this out.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 01-17-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Q and HTC TP2

defiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hey Sharkie or anyone using the latest 6.5 rom. Is it possible to cab up the XDA_UC thanks on this version? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:48 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

"XDA_UC Thanks"?
Old 01-17-2011, 05:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

HTCuser010 is keeping up the good workHTCuser010 is keeping up the good work
Thumbs up Re: 1-16-11-Updated★SharkieROM v3.0★Generic\Sprint★23563\21916★Sense2019

Running Generic 3.0. I dont use the music tab so I havent had that music tab volume problem. I just tried to see if my arrow keys worked, and they do. I'm runnin ok I guess. It hasnt been 24 hrs but so far the phone is functioning like it did on 2.0. I had to install less cabs after flashing too, good work. I couldnt get Uzard web to work on my phone because I kept getting a "radio off" error, I guess I had to GSM version? But I finally got to try the browser on my phone with this rom and I love it alot more than opera.

I used to install alot of mods and addons and now I'm down to 8 with your latest rom. You've added alot of good stuff. I added the cabs I use. The credit goes to their creators.

With the Resco skins, I install the windows phone 7 skin first and then the droid skin, so Resco File explorer is black with windows phone 7 icons at the bottom.
With PsShutXP black them you just copy the 2 files into the windows folder and replace.
The HTC Black Custom Animation Welcomehead is a Windows Phone 7 splash screen and the Livven Windows Seven is a Win 7 animated boot screen.

The animation is slower on the phone

I dont mean to change your work Sharkie but I'm not big on sharks and I have my phone themed like my Windows 7 pc. Keep up the good work.

Last edited by HTCuser010; 01-17-2011 at 05:44 PM. Reason: add image
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

coolguy001 is just getting started

awesome collection! The ROMis very stable and fast. Add these customizations to make this ROM even better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCuser010 View Post
With the Resco skins, I install the windows phone 7 skin first and then the droid skin, so Resco File explorer is black with windows phone 7 icons at the bottom.
With PsShutXP black them you just copy the 2 files into the windows folder and replace.
The HTC Black Custom Animation Welcomehead is a Windows Phone 7 splash screen and the Livven Windows Seven is a Win 7 animated boot screen.

I dont mean to change your work Sharkie but I'm not big on sharks and I have my phone themed like my Windows 7 pc. Keep up the good work.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:04 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

like the new colors and additions and i have had only one issue,it's after changing fonts,anyone i use chops the softkey letters up,not a big deal just all i have come across,great work as always

Old 01-18-2011, 12:11 AM
N00b

I just realized UCWeb and Uzard Web are two different mobile browsers. Anyway, I still like UCWeb more than Opera, thanks again Sharkie.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:42 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Running Generic 3.0. I dont use the music tab so I havent had that music tab volume problem. I just tried to see if my arrow keys worked, and they do. I'm runnin ok I guess. It hasnt been 24 hrs but so far the phone is functioning like it did on 2.0. I had to install less cabs after flashing too, good work. I couldnt get Uzard web to work on my phone because I kept getting a "radio off" error, I guess I had to GSM version? But I finally got to try the browser on my phone with this rom and I love it alot more than opera.

I used to install alot of mods and addons and now I'm down to 8 with your latest rom. You've added alot of good stuff. I added the cabs I use. The credit goes to their creators.

The animation is slower on the phone

As far as ameba, I used to include that in my v1.0 ROM. I used that and ameba settings and Arkswitch. I decided that MMTaskmanager could do all three of those things in one app rather than having to have 3 different apps.

I have no desire to skin Resco. Many people probably remove it anyway and I've been finding myself using regular ol' File Explore lately more than anything.

As far as notification manager disable cab. If I wanted it disbled, I could just not cook those files in the ROM. I've found that when I'm not using CHT I actually use the Notifications screen quite often.

You don't seriously think I would consider changing my psShutXP image do you? Never! I love it! It's sharkieROM!

I'll check out that gif you posted on the phone. I like it, but I'd get rid of the Starting Windows text. The animated gifs are something that I'll probably change with every release just because there are so many that I like.

One of the reasons I don't mod the hell out of my ROM is because I fully expect that most of you will mod the hell out of it yourselves. So change away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy001 View Post
awesome collection! The ROMis very stable and fast. Add these customizations to make this ROM even better!
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straitup27 View Post
like the new colors and additions and i have had only one issue,it's after changing fonts,anyone i use chops the softkey letters up,not a big deal just all i have come across,great work as always
So I just flashed Generic 3.0 and I changed the font and all the softkey buttons that I've come across so far are fine. Did you try several fonts and they all did the same thing?

Quote:
I just realized UCWeb and Uzard Web are two different mobile browsers. Anyway, I still like UCWeb more than Opera, thanks again Sharkie.
My pleasure
Old 01-18-2011, 02:30 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
So i been baby stepping so far but will put it through the ringer this next 24. Everything looks great, im with straitup, lovin the colors. Lets start at the beg. The 1st splash, i normally stick with original tp2 slash but i could really get used to the blue tp2. The gif, is way better than be4, very clean. Dont remembr hearing startup wav but i havent even had my 1st soft reset (baby steps i said). I noticed you did work on the txt while its going threw customization on boot. Alot of hidden changes. The wall is cool, like the new incoming call outgoing and missed icons way more than the dusk, the 3 row start is killer clear ( isnt stock 3rows? Why did we ever use more) the trans selector is great, i never liked the whitish cloud. Lovin the vol on the left for youtube, media, etc. Like the task manager in notification manager.

Once i can get deeper into it i give my input but wanted to post initial thoughts. Im liking the releases more n more everytime, great job

Sent from my MID using Tapatalk
Old 01-18-2011, 02:40 AM
N00b

Sharkie, I was just explaining the cabs I attached that I use, not suggesting changes

I paid for resco and I use resco task manager so I remove mm task manager and use ameba. I love that you have the option to remove the stuff we dont want.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development