PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2010, 03:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro2,mogul 6800 and Moto Q9's
Carrier: cricket

hthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Kitchen] WVGA Touch Pro 2 Collaboration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod-Beeblebrox View Post
I've not done much tweaking in that area. Any suggestions, tutorial links, etc.

Thanks,
-Z
Just for a start
Optimising XIP
Xip Processes

Free Ram by Editing XIP
Clean MsXipkernel for speed
[TUT] Manual Full XIP Porting

Last edited by hthomas; 05-30-2010 at 03:34 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

So I have an old question. I know it is because I remember having the issue on my Mogul and my TP and I just noticed, low and behold, it's on my TP2 too!

I'm talking about the WM calendar bug of the view not being able to be permanently changed from Agenda to Month. It will show the Month view for a second and then switch back to Agenda. I never found an answer a couple of years ago when I searched and still today no one seems to have a solution. It seems to be one of those bugs some people have and some people don't for whatever reason.

Any of you pros got a solution?

Oh, and I also noticed what's happening in my screenshot has seemingly started since I started messing with my phone canvas. Does that have anything to do with alarms or sounds? Where should I look for the problem?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CapScr0001-99.jpg (101.0 KB, 25 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Sharkie405; 05-30-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHOD400
Carrier: Sprint

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Oh, and I also noticed what's happening in my screenshot has seemingly started since I started messing with my phone canvas. Does that have anything to do with alarms or sounds? Where should I look for the problem?
That has to do with the new bing. It is not a bug actually, its just the new bings wav files...probably for voice notification stuff...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:41 PM
VIP Member

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai6908 View Post
That has to do with the new bing. It is not a bug actually, its just the new bings wav files...probably for voice notification stuff...
Are they able to be renamed to something that will let me know what sound it is? Or is there a way to exclude them from showing in the alarm sounds list?
Old 05-30-2010, 06:47 PM
VIP Member

I'm finally satisfied with my blue phone canvas. I'm posting it here in case anyone else likes it. My goal was only to replace all the green with blue. I didn't mess with any of the red, gray or black buttons.

And, in case anyone was curious, I also figured out that there is an IncomingCall.bmp in the phcanhtc.dll folder as well as the one in the root of the files folder. That's what was overwriting my .bmp before.

Anyone ever try to snap a screen shot of the Incoming Call screen? Is it impossible?

Edit: So I just noticed that there's a glitch in the blue on the IncomingCall screen. When sliding the slider over to the left to answer the call there was a hint of green on the right side of the slider to the right of the red. As soon as my girl gets home I'll be able to call myself over and over to see what's up. If I can fix it, I'll do so.

I still can't figure out where that little strip of green is coming from. I've also noticed in going through the files that there are several little green images I did not change. While it's no biggie for me, it's not perfect...yet. Just an FYI...

Last edited by Sharkie405; 05-30-2010 at 10:02 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

qball1616 is keeping up the good workqball1616 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to qball1616 Send a message via Yahoo to qball1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynkz83 View Post
im working assisting xyc with a rom and im changing all the icons in the startmenu via the registry, all worked fine til i got to hklm/security/shell/startinfo/start/settings im having a really hard time switching out those icons some of theme were able to be switched by dropping a png file renamed to the original in the windows folder but the rest just wont take unless i pull apart the exe file and replace the *.ico but it doesnt like transparency, anyone have experience with this and can help me out?
I found the easiest way to change any of the icons that are located in the SYS was to go through and do a search for "start_icon" and then I would rename any icons that i wanted to change to that file name "start_icon_xxxx.png" and include all of those in an EXT package named zzz_icons and the icons in my EXT package would overwrite the .png that was in the SYS and then life is good. I only use the registry method when I am changing the icons associated with programs in my EXT. I hope that helps if you have any questions please feel free to ask i am typing this while I am half asleep
Old 05-31-2010, 12:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

qball1616 is keeping up the good workqball1616 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to qball1616 Send a message via Yahoo to qball1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai6908 View Post
I noticed that too in my ROM, but it was after I changed my whole sound scheme to be cooked in via the registry and all of those funky file names were associated with the sounds that I changed via the registry as I was using .mp3 files for notification sounds.

When I converted the files to .wma files i noticed i didn't have any of those funky sound files in my sound selections.

Also I noticed that those funky looking file names were all associated with the sounds that I changed and once I selected on of the sounds i changed to be cooked in like text messaging then the sound would not play when I got a text message.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:46 AM
Themed ROM Chef
Pocket PC: CDMA UNLOCKED Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon (for now)

xpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by qball1616 View Post
I found the easiest way to change any of the icons that are located in the SYS was to go through and do a search for "start_icon" and then I would rename any icons that i wanted to change to that file name "start_icon_xxxx.png" and include all of those in an EXT package named zzz_icons and the icons in my EXT package would overwrite the .png that was in the SYS and then life is good. I only use the registry method when I am changing the icons associated with programs in my EXT. I hope that helps if you have any questions please feel free to ask i am typing this while I am half asleep
Already did those. Those are the easy ones. But there are a bunch that we are still having problems with that dont have the 'Start_icon" name

Old 05-31-2010, 12:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro2,mogul 6800 and Moto Q9's
Carrier: cricket

hthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rep

How do I replace that 1st (white background - green HTC) bootscreen. I dont mind the HTC, but that white screen has to go.
Thanks for your help...
Old 05-31-2010, 12:59 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hthomas View Post
How do I replace that 1st (white background - green HTC) bootscreen. I dont mind the HTC, but that white screen has to go.
Thanks for your help...
+1 on this. I thought that could only be changed via a flashing of some sort totally separate from a ROM flash...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development