PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2010, 09:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: verizon

Zaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Kitchen] WVGA Touch Pro 2 Collaboration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
It is about that simple. Great Tool. Here's the beginings of my blue phone skin...
I like the looks of that dialer. This is the 'small' dialer though right? The 3.40 Dialer supports the slightly larger dial Skin? I would like to see a blue version of that one.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

I'm using Phone Canvas 4.2546.2011.3831.0_WM6.5.X. I'm not sure about it being small or not. I'm not sure what you mean...
Old 05-30-2010, 12:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro2,mogul 6800 and Moto Q9's
Carrier: cricket

hthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hthomas View Post
Any tutorials? How do you use ResHecker?
Here is a fair tutorial with downloads of The Editor Suite with ResHacker.
[TUT]Editing Resource .dll
Old 05-30-2010, 01:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO2
Carrier: US Cellular

Lynkz83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLynkz83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLynkz83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLynkz83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

im working assisting xyc with a rom and im changing all the icons in the startmenu via the registry, all worked fine til i got to hklm/security/shell/startinfo/start/settings im having a really hard time switching out those icons some of theme were able to be switched by dropping a png file renamed to the original in the windows folder but the rest just wont take unless i pull apart the exe file and replace the *.ico but it doesnt like transparency, anyone have experience with this and can help me out?

And for when ive been awake longer than usual

[GTX][Clean/Sqweaky][Dusk][Anastasia][Donate]
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynkz83 View Post
im working assisting xyc with a rom and im changing all the icons in the startmenu via the registry, all worked fine til i got to hklm/security/shell/startinfo/start/settings im having a really hard time switching out those icons some of theme were able to be switched by dropping a png file renamed to the original in the windows folder but the rest just wont take unless i pull apart the exe file and replace the *.ico but it doesnt like transparency, anyone have experience with this and can help me out?
I wasn't able to get any of the setting Icons to stick while cooking either. I eventually just had to install those changes via .cab install on customization. I was never able to figure out why those kept getting overwritten...
Old 05-30-2010, 07:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Zaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
I'm using Phone Canvas 4.2546.2011.3831.0_WM6.5.X. I'm not sure about it being small or not. I'm not sure what you mean...
The skin for the 4.2 dialer is 272 pixels tall, the 3.4 dialer is 318 pixels.
It allows the buttons to be a little larger.
I'm using the 3.4 Dialer(which I think is the stock verizon dialer anyway) with the enlarged phone canvas. I like the bigger buttons, but would love to see a blue skinned version (I suck at graphics stuff, so I don't think I could do it).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

I have been working on changing all of my icons to some more flashy stuff (Currently, I'm using the Electro Red Square set from here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=121872

However, I'm seeing massive increases in my memory usage (two different sys builds 23120 & 24611). My free ram at startup used to be 90+MB. Now I'm down to around 50+
Does anyone know if using a lot of Transparent Icons uses a lot more memory? I did confirm that it appeared to be gwes.exe using up the memory.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4g / Touch_Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

captblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod-Beeblebrox View Post
I have been working on changing all of my icons to some more flashy stuff (Currently, I'm using the Electro Red Square set from here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=121872

However, I'm seeing massive increases in my memory usage (two different sys builds 23120 & 24611). My free ram at startup used to be 90+MB. Now I'm down to around 50+
Does anyone know if using a lot of Transparent Icons uses a lot more memory? I did confirm that it appeared to be gwes.exe using up the memory.
if you are using the sys that i posted the probable reason is that i dont tweak the msxipkernel or the oemxip (was leaving that up to the individual).

i can tweak them in the future if that is a concensus request

^
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by captblaze View Post
if you are using the sys that i posted the probable reason is that i dont tweak the msxipkernel or the oemxip (was leaving that up to the individual).

i can tweak them in the future if that is a concensus request

^
Thanks, but actually it looks to have been the fault of the icon set. That set is a 256x256 set. I did not realize what a difference that would make. I used irfan-view to resize them to 64x64 and my memory went right back up.
However 64x64 was too blotchy. I just resized them to 128x128 and am flashing now. I think that will resolve that issue.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4g / Touch_Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

captblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod-Beeblebrox View Post
Thanks, but actually it looks to have been the fault of the icon set. That set is a 256x256 set. I did not realize what a difference that would make. I used irfan-view to resize them to 64x64 and my memory went right back up.
However 64x64 was too blotchy. I just resized them to 128x128 and am flashing now. I think that will resolve that issue.
ok, but there are some things in the 2 folders that can be removed that will free up memory

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development