PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2010, 02:22 AM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Pocket PC: Vogue,Diamond,TP2,Epic
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [04/07/10]V5 *Purple Haze,Blue Midnight 6.5.5 Facebook,Reader,Doc tabs, MAX 3.0

QUOTE=D-nice;1689118]Jstine I like the blue dusk theme better than the Jimi Hendrix theme because blue and black are my favorite colors. The purple haze theme is pretty good, nothing against it at all. Just my opinion on which one I like! I've been running V4.5 since you released it and I am having no problems whatsoever. I want to flash V5 blue dusk but I want to know is more stable or just as stable as V4.5. Also those yellow smiley icons, how can I be able to attach them to my quotes. I did it one time before after that they never showed up again.

I agree with the blue and black, not wild about the blue dusk softkey buttons. The only reason for the purple haze was several pages back when I released purple passion. Someone's wife was crazy for a purple. And reading other post with many requesting a purple rom. So Jimi was the one and only for purple haze. I'm not wild about the color purple, just Jimi Hendrix. Saw him once live for $5.00 plus all day rides. I just got home and waiting for the flash to finish. Happy to get rid of 23640 and back to 23542. Yes I know, taking a step backwards. At first I thought 23554 was faster rom. After days found that was not true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntopper View Post
I put it on the charger every night (also my alarm), so I'm thinking I had five cycles. First three days it discharged faster than what I expect from a TW rom (20% left when I plugged it in), then yesterday pretty good (20% left but heavy use during day) and then today "crash". I'll see what I get with Purple Haze. Might also try the 28xxx that hunter likes. As far as themes I like the blue dusk with facebook (again probably the newness) so I don't really want to go back to 4.5 (for now).
I guess that I'm not very good beta tester. Never very far from some source of power. So for a few days I will try to not to hit the juice and see how the rom does.LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-nice View Post
When you said don't use the top left, what are you referring to and no, I don't see the icons on the right anymore. Just when I used them the first time and they never showed up again!
At work the top left smiles was clapping hands. At home, it's the top right. I get them everytime I post a message. Everytime I select the clapping hand I get this =D>

OK this is weird, just flashed to a rom from last week and the phone froze twice at the TP2 screen. I know that was a good rom (23542) V4.5.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Last edited by Timberwolf671; 04-09-2010 at 02:32 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

D-nice is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to D-nice
Re: [04/07/10]V5 *Purple Haze,Blue Midnight 6.5.5 Facebook,Reader,Doc tabs, MAX 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf671 View Post
QUOTE=D-nice;1689118]Jstine I like the blue dusk theme better than the Jimi Hendrix theme because blue and black are my favorite colors. The purple haze theme is pretty good, nothing against it at all. Just my opinion on which one I like! I've been running V4.5 since you released it and I am having no problems whatsoever. I want to flash V5 blue dusk but I want to know is more stable or just as stable as V4.5. Also those yellow smiley icons, how can I be able to attach them to my quotes. I did it one time before after that they never showed up again.

I agree with the blue and black, not wild about the blue dusk softkey buttons. The only reason for the purple haze was several pages back when I released purple passion. Someone's wife was crazy for a purple. And reading other post with many requesting a purple rom. So Jimi was the one and only for purple haze. I'm not wild about the color purple, just Jimi Hendrix. Saw him once live for $5.00 plus all day rides. I just got home and waiting for the flash to finish. Happy to get rid of 23640 and back to 23542. Yes I know, taking a step backwards. At first I thought 23554 was faster rom. After days found that was not true.

I guess that I'm not very good beta tester. Never very far from some source of power. So for a few days I will try to not to hit the juice and see how the rom does.LOL

At work the top left smiles was clapping hands. At home, it's the top right. I get them everytime I post a message. Everytime I select the clapping hand I get this =D>

OK this is weird, just flashed to a rom from last week and the phone froze twice at the TP2 screen. I know that was a good rom (23542) V4.5.
So you saw Jimi Hendrix live plus all day rides, and for 5 bucks, man that was a steal. I know you enjoyed the show. I would have loved to have seen Jimi play myself. But the V4.5 rom, man jstine, I got to hand it to you it's everything that they were saying about your roms before I starting flashing about yours being the best. I'm dedicated for life to you and your roms. this rom is truly stable, fast, long battery life, and no freezeups ever. And I like the blue dusk dialer and improvements especially making Opera 10 final the default search engine but I don't know if it's as stable and everything as V4.5. But no matter what you still are the man and I know the greater later is always in effect when you put out your roms.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:49 AM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntopper View Post
jstine,

Not a big fan of Jimi, but my 28 yr old daughter loves the theme

Also, not a big deal, but facebook tab icon is the same old dull blue! Just pointing it out.

Hunter, see below

screen cap. The blue box shows up on every tab and just happens to be on the right side of the landscape tab (where the shortcuts are on the home tab).

The box is purple from the same color as everthing else. I don't why it shows as somewhat blue tint. Before releasing my roms I used the shortcut for PShutxp and didn't like the power button version. But everybody requesting power button version I put it in. I am looking for a way to get the same Dusk button screen but mapped to the power button. If I can't do it I will put the power button version back in. I was looking for a different screen without having to do all the graphics again.

Must have been a bad flash, 2nd flash is ok.

Remember, if you like the purple you don't have have his picture. Just change it, it's not in the TSK file.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:56 AM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahoov View Post
That is the icon for "ArkSwitch". This is the first ROM I have seen that displays it on the bar. Not sure why it isn't working for you, it has always worked for me, although it locks up every time I try to close "File Explorer".
Does anyone else have this problem. I tried to get Arkswitch to freeze the phone when I close the file explores. But after 10 times I figure that it's not Arkswitch.

dahoov, is there any set of routines that you go thru that might cause this? Not that I am say you are the cause for this, just trying to follow why.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: us cellular

hunter7773 is keeping up the good workhunter7773 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Does anyone else have this problem. I tried to get Arkswitch to freeze the phone when I close the file explores. But after 10 times I figure that it's not Arkswitch.

dahoov, is there any set of routines that you go thru that might cause this? Not that I am say you are the cause for this, just trying to follow why.

it only froze on me once. after soft reset hasnt happend again. every other day or so it mite freeze as it did on other roms. but its very random . ty jstine my wife luvs the purple theme she not crazy about jimi, but owell the purple/black them is nice. i like ur blue/black timber liking ur purple/blk. cant wait to c the red/blk. keep them coming
Old 04-09-2010, 10:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible, touch pro 2, xv6900, x50v
Carrier: verizon

suntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Not sure if I understood correctly, but the xda shutdown has the capability of power button shutdown (at least on vzw). Menu>Shortcuts>Create Long Press Power
You can turn it on or off.

Still not sure on the power thing. Might be my battery. It looks normal today so far. Can't bring my phone in to my building at work so it doesn't get charged except at night. (Yea, I know, I could plug it in the car!)

Regarding arcswitch freezing wihen you try to close file explorer, yes it does on mine semi-regular. I haven't took the time to trouble shoot and determine if it makes a difference where on the phone I was exploring. Someone said it happened when you were exploring the SD card. I use file explorer primarily because it's more finger friendly. I have increased the font size on total commander and it helps but the controls are still small.

Not complaining at all. BTW, I didn't realize that the facebook tab was a creation at XDA and not HTC. Lot of talent out there!

Quote:
The box is purple from the same color as everthing else. I don't why it shows as somewhat blue tint. Before releasing my roms I used the shortcut for PShutxp and didn't like the power button version. But everybody requesting power button version I put it in. I am looking for a way to get the same Dusk button screen but mapped to the power button. If I can't do it I will put the power button version back in. I was looking for a different screen without having to do all the graphics again.

Must have been a bad flash, 2nd flash is ok.

Remember, if you like the purple you don't have have his picture. Just change it, it's not in the TSK file.

Last edited by suntopper; 04-09-2010 at 10:53 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2
Carrier: verizon

highspeeed2001 is a n00b

I like the Rom...just 2 exceptions for a few things...and its probably cause I'm not that tech saavy. It doesn't seem to have an mp3 trimmer and upon attempting to upload a cab onto it (to which it directs to a web link) it doesn't seem to work.
And it doesn't have teeter. Any thoughts or suggestions for making these things work? I'd appreciate it.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Epic

dahoov is keeping up the good workdahoov is keeping up the good work

Quote:

No set routine. File Explorer seems to be the common denominator, but I can't say that is definitely the case as I stopped using ArkSwitch to close it. I suppose it could be a combination of other programs running when I attempted to close File Explorer. I will play around with it and see if I can narrow it down.

Old 04-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by highspeeed2001 View Post
I like the Rom...just 2 exceptions for a few things...and its probably cause I'm not that tech saavy. It doesn't seem to have an mp3 trimmer and upon attempting to upload a cab onto it (to which it directs to a web link) it doesn't seem to work.
And it doesn't have teeter. Any thoughts or suggestions for making these things work? I'd appreciate it.
To show you how much I use my phone for more than just a brain. I just did a search in the kitchen for a program called Teeter. Thinking it was a program like Twitter or Facebook. You are referring to a game called Teeter, correct? I removed all add-on games in the beginning to keep the rom light as possible. I will see what I can find. Question: do you have a computer that you use or is your phone the only correction to the net. If it's a computer, then I use a program called. Audiocity, it works as MP3 trimmer and many more features. And best of all it's FREE. Goggle or goto Download.com and type Audiocity in the search and select for Windows or Mac. Hope this helps

Edit: highspeed, don't use the cabs that you can get from doing a Google search. I have found most of those don't do as advertised. Best to stay away, I'm searching the forums to see if anybody has the cab from a good source.

Ok here's a VGA version I found at XDA, it works but uses 480 by 600 screen. Also there is an editor in the attachments. Will look again after going to work.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Teeter_50.cab (1.84 MB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip Teeter_Edit_1.4_full.zip (1.45 MB, 3 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Timberwolf671; 04-09-2010 at 03:21 PM.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Timberwolf can you attach your older roms.

I can't seem to find your version 1 rom. That one to me seemed the most stable but its no where in my directory.

With your new blue dusk rom. I keep on getting freezes. and for some reason my Im not recieving some text messages.

Now, Ive always hr flashed to stock, HR, flashed your rom, then HR and I recently reformated my SD card but Im still having issues with light freezing.

Do you plan on making a Win 6.5 rom anytime soon. I rather have a 100% stable rom then having the latest and greatest with light freezing or losing texts and such.

The thing I love most about your roms is that you dont have to read 10pages of provision and fixes for a weak rom. Thats why im always flashing between your room. But Im looking for one to hold and keep.

Maybe we can meet somewhere in the middle.

Also What happend to your donation link? You never uploaded it!

Last edited by ModmyPPC; 04-09-2010 at 04:27 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
rom, theme