PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 03:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kscawley is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [02-01-10] V1.4 Mustang/Timberwolf 6.5.3 Sense 2.5 UI 23518 Rom

Sorry for not posting sooner. I am a Verizon user. I do like your ROM, but have been having lock up problems pretty consistently with the last two ROMs you have posted. Often enough that I was concerned about running it for more than a few hours.

Here is what I did yesterday. I downloaded and installed the most recent build. As you recommended I soft reset after first load, then provisioned and reset again. I am not really a Sense/Manila user, so I turned Sense off and went to install Mobile Shell off my SD card. Using File Explorer I started scrolling through my Apps directory. About half way down scrolling the phone locked. Pulled the back and did a soft reset. Went back to the apps directory again and it locked in the same spot again. Reset again. This time I decided to do a few other things first to see if that helped. I synched up with our company Exchange server no problem. I opened an e-mail, then pressed the button to bring up the menu to forward the message. Phone locked. After resetting I figured I would try installing Mobile Shell again. This time it worked. Set up my gmail account and it synched no problem. Went to open an e-mail (HTML content) and it locked. Tried twice more and it still locked up. The problem with Gmail happend with the last ROM as well. So at that point I felt I needed to revert back to another ROM.

I am more than happy to keep trying different things to see if it helps with isolating the issues, but it would need to be after hours (I am in the Eastern time zone) as I cannot risk being without a working phone during the business day. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you want me to check anything specific. I have helped Dibbson with his ROMs as well.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Pocket PC: Vogue,Diamond,TP2,Epic
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscawley View Post
Sorry for not posting sooner. I am a Verizon user. I do like your ROM, but have been having lock up problems pretty consistently with the last two ROMs you have posted. Often enough that I was concerned about running it for more than a few hours.

Here is what I did yesterday. I downloaded and installed the most recent build. As you recommended I soft reset after first load, then provisioned and reset again. I am not really a Sense/Manila user, so I turned Sense off and went to install Mobile Shell off my SD card. Using File Explorer I started scrolling through my Apps directory. About half way down scrolling the phone locked. Pulled the back and did a soft reset. Went back to the apps directory again and it locked in the same spot again. Reset again. This time I decided to do a few other things first to see if that helped. I synched up with our company Exchange server no problem. I opened an e-mail, then pressed the button to bring up the menu to forward the message. Phone locked. After resetting I figured I would try installing Mobile Shell again. This time it worked. Set up my gmail account and it synched no problem. Went to open an e-mail (HTML content) and it locked. Tried twice more and it still locked up. The problem with Gmail happend with the last ROM as well. So at that point I felt I needed to revert back to another ROM.

I am more than happy to keep trying different things to see if it helps with isolating the issues, but it would need to be after hours (I am in the Eastern time zone) as I cannot risk being without a working phone during the business day. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you want me to check anything specific. I have helped Dibbson with his ROMs as well.
If you plan on installing Mobile Shell, why install this rom? Installing MS on top of anything other than a basic rom can cause problems. What I was look for in feedback about carriers. Did the install would for your carrier and phone work ok. Did MMS for Verizon work and everything else. If you are looking for a good stable base rom for Verizon, we can do that. Leaving out the mustang/timberwolf theme. Normal tab icons and softkey buttons. This would be good base installing Mobile Shell. Let me know. Thank you for the feedback. I understand the need for a good stable phone and that's what the my goal is. I would at a hospital and must have my phone working 100% of the time. But want it to look great also.

1 more thing. I still feel sometimes we need to flash back to stock. If you read any of the posting in most Chef's posting they say for people having random error and freezes to do just that. Testing 28217, 1st full had errors everwhere. Flashing display, hard freezes, screen going blank and not coming until I would push the end key. Reflashed the phone @ 02:00 hrs and all the errors STOP. But the rom is not worth the trouble, the core is not stable.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Last edited by Timberwolf671; 02-02-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3evader View Post
i dont like how it vibrates every time i touch the screen
If you don't like the vibrates, see this post a few pages back. Post #51

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=107541&page=6
Old 02-02-2010, 06:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kscawley is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstine671 View Post
If you plan on installing Mobile Shell, why install this rom? Installing MS on top of anything other than a basic rom can cause problems.
Well, there are actually quite a few things I like on your ROM, such as the Task and Tool bars, HTC Menus, the snappy performance, and so forth. But just to clarify, several of the lockups occurred before MS was ever installed. As far as Verizon provisioning goes, it worked fine.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscawley View Post
Well, there are actually quite a few things I like on your ROM, such as the Task and Tool bars, HTC Menus, the snappy performance, and so forth. But just to clarify, several of the lockups occurred before MS was ever installed. As far as Verizon provisioning goes, it worked fine.
Great ,that's one thing I needed to know. About the lockup's and freezes. When I can Mediafire to take an upload and get it verified that it can be download without Rar CRC failed. I will repost the all carrier V1.4. I use my phone as a daily driver and it must perform stable. I just don't understand why it's not happen to my phone also. Other Sprint users have reported back the same thing you did. What might make the difference, I flash my phone serveral times a week with same rom, just minor changes for testing.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:55 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Going to give this a run....will report back with my findings for ya....

Wow is my first impression....based on looks.....the look is awesome!!

Last edited by flyers2114; 02-02-2010 at 08:59 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:07 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Ok after flashing the Sprint 1.4 rom....it looks great as I said...issue I am having is that when it goes to sllep.....it will not wake up....happened the first flash....so I did the flash dance thinking that may be the problem.....but it happened again on the 2nd flash...havent texted much or tested much else because it is late...will post more findings in the AM if I stay on it...if I get another sleep death....gonna have to flash something else...thats a killer bug for me....keep working though.....awsome job for a 1st release!

Last edited by flyers2114; 02-03-2010 at 01:09 AM.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible, touch pro 2, xv6900, x50v
Carrier: verizon

suntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

jstine,

Another VZW user here! I've been on your ROM for 2 days. Provisioning worked without error. I can sms and mms out of the flash without changing anything. However (u knew there was one), when I go into personal settings/buttons there is no option to set the star key on the keyboard (keyboard mapping is fine). I fixed this by running MightyROM Verizon_110209.cab (obvious credit to Mighty Mike) which may have been updated several times by now! The only other bug I have found is that when I change the maxmanila buttons using skin customization it resets after a soft reset. It would be nice to have the htc volume control (I think there is a fix for 1922) instead of the (all together now) ugly WM version. The only thing that's missing is a task manager on the task bar (I love the icons BTW) but there are options out there! I did run out of memory when using opera yesterday but I'm not sure what else I had running at the time.

But really; awesome ROM overall. Pls don't lock us out!

ST

Edit: OK, after I did some more digging I understand that there is a task manager (Showcase) that can be accessed by pressing and holding the windows softkey. It was probably mentioned earlier but I missed it!

Last edited by suntopper; 02-03-2010 at 02:33 AM. Reason: update
Old 02-03-2010, 07:59 AM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
Ok after flashing the Sprint 1.4 rom....it looks great as I said...issue I am having is that when it goes to sllep.....it will not wake up....happened the first flash....so I did the flash dance thinking that may be the problem.....but it happened again on the 2nd flash...havent texted much or tested much else because it is late...will post more findings in the AM if I stay on it...if I get another sleep death....gonna have to flash something else...thats a killer bug for me....keep working though.....awsome job for a 1st release!
I just don't understand why I don't have to the same issues on my phone. This TP2 is only 1 1/2 weeks old for me. I did get those type of errors when I 1st flashed the phone. What was different then, I did not have a sd memory installed at time. Put one in from my Diamond, cleaned the disk. So many possible reason, it's to say why. I don't dance between roms, just flash away. Do you install any other cabs after a fresh flash? Or are this errors happen right after a flash?
Old 02-03-2010, 08:19 AM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntopper View Post
jstine,

Another VZW user here! I've been on your ROM for 2 days. Provisioning worked without error. I can sms and mms out of the flash without changing anything. However (u knew there was one), when I go into personal settings/buttons there is no option to set the star key on the keyboard (keyboard mapping is fine). I fixed this by running MightyROM Verizon_110209.cab (obvious credit to Mighty Mike) which may have been updated several times by now! The only other bug I have found is that when I change the maxmanila buttons using skin customization it resets after a soft reset. It would be nice to have the htc volume control (I think there is a fix for 1922) instead of the (all together now) ugly WM version. The only thing that's missing is a task manager on the task bar (I love the icons BTW) but there are options out there! I did run out of memory when using opera yesterday but I'm not sure what else I had running at the time.

But really; awesome ROM overall. Pls don't lock us out!

ST

Edit: OK, after I did some more digging I understand that there is a task manager (Showcase) that can be accessed by pressing and holding the windows softkey. It was probably mentioned earlier but I missed it!
Since I never did hear from anyone from other carriers. I just figured there was problems with the rom and they just flashed to another rom. Don't want to stop making available to all carriers. I used the taskbar task manger for many months on my Vogue, then on the Diamond. When e-Native manager came along, I liked it. But at first there was problems with it causing issues. I'm with Calk, those problem are no longer happen. It easier to hold the start button for 2 seconds than trying to hit the right spot for other task manager. Just what I think. Been spending more time reading and giving reply's than doing research on what's new. Calk is building a new 1.5 Kitchen with more updated 1922. Just waiting for his kitched to be released. I don't surf much, just read the cnn news, look at the weather. I did get the same error for low memory while using Opera at first. I have seen a posting about changing Opera cache to your sdcard.Will look into. Thanks for your feedback. A new 1.4 all carrier rom will posted sometime today. Provided I can get Mediafire to take the upload and download without CRC failed error.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
rom, theme