PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 12:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [04/07/10]V5 *NEW Purple Haze Preview 6.5.5 23554 Facebook,Reader,Doc tabs, MAX 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscawley View Post
The format options should default to "Fat 32" and "32k" for the allocation unit size. Leave those alone.
Your post really helped but

The only option I have for the

File system is: -----> Fat & fat32 (Which one is better to use?)

Allocation unit size: ---> Default allocation size (this is the only option)

So As far as the file system type. Which one do I use.

Sorry for the newbie question I have no clue what im doing so I like to be cautious

Thanks again

Old 04-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: us cellular

hunter7773 is keeping up the good workhunter7773 is keeping up the good work
Re: [04/07/10]V5 *NEW Purple Haze Preview 6.5.5 23554 Facebook,Reader,Doc tabs, MAX 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf671 View Post
Sorry, had a senior moment. Forgot you were on USC, will upload a All Carrier now.

lol its ok. ur roms r the best so no prob waiting.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Pocket PC: Vogue,Diamond,TP2,Epic
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter7773 View Post
lol its ok. ur roms r the best so no prob waiting.
Purple Haze All Carrier 28232 rom now available in 1st post.

Thanks Hunter7773
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion
Old 04-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post

Sorry for the newbie question I have no clue what im doing so I like to be cautious

Thanks again
Fat32, Fat is 16 bit and less secure and slower.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kscawley is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post

Thanks again
Short answer - Format Fat32 and don't worry about allocation size.

Long answer

FAT stands for File Allocation Table. Think of it as a table of contents for what is on a drive. You want to use Fat 32 as it compatible with most computers nowadays. FAT 16 hasn't been used since the days of DOS (when you actually had to type commands for us old guys) NTFS is what Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 use for hard drives by default. It is more efficient with managing drive space and data, as well as being more secure. But I don't think the TP2 would even recognize the SD card if it were formatted this way.

The File Allocation Size is the smallest unit of storage on a hard drive (also referred to as Cluster size). Most of us are fine with the default, but it is an area some people will play with depending on how the drive is most utilized. If you have a large cluster size, you will waste a lot of disk space if all you work with are small files. That is because a file will still take the full cluster even if the actual size of the file doesn't need that much space. Conversly, if you have a lot of very large files (think video), small clusters are not so good because it tends to scatter the file all over the hard drive if there are not enough free clusters are in sequence to handle the whole file. This is what causes the drive to become "fragmented" if you have heard that term before. Defrag utilities such as Diskeeper will shuffle files all around your hard drive until most files are contiguous again.

This is probably more than you wanted to know (and I am over simplifying some areas), but I was a computer noob once and someone took the time to explain things to me, so just thinking I would return the favor.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf671 View Post
Purple Haze All Carrier 28232 rom now available in 1st post.

Thanks Hunter7773

cool ty jstine. will flash latr, when wife gets home. let u know how it goes. cause it look great.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible, touch pro 2, xv6900, x50v
Carrier: verizon

suntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [04/07/10]V5 *Purple Haze,Blue Midnight 6.5.5 Facebook,Reader,Doc tabs, MAX 3.0

OK, I got this little problem (probably not even related to the ROM, but you people are so helpful, I thought I might get some feedback).

I've had issues with battery life on v5 since the start. Yesterday I actually made several phone calls, played 18 holes of golf (in the rain) while using the GPS, updated facebook tab, and surfed internet (probably a good 30 min) and when I went to bed and plugged in the charger I still had 20% battery left. So I said to myself, "(self) problem solved."

Well today I made no phone calls, updated the facebook tab, and surfed about 5 min and by lunch (5 hours) it was down to 20%. By the time I got off work 5 hours later it was dead. (couldn't tell you when it turned off). I checked at lunch and the only thing showing up on the task manager was activesync. The data arrows on the taskbar signal icon were dull (meaning no active connection I think).

So any ideas? I'll probably flash purple haze when it gets back to 50%+ but this makes no sense to me. I've never had this quick of battery drain (and yes it was showing 100% when I took it off the charger this AM). Never, on any rom (especially TW).

TIA,
ST

Last edited by suntopper; 04-08-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Re: [04/07/10]V5 *Purple Haze,Blue Midnight 6.5.5 Facebook,Reader,Doc tabs, MAX 3.0

purple haze looks and runs great. um, but the little box in the top center mine is blue not the purple like it shows on the front page. when you hold the power button down for a soft reset it has shut off only it doesnt have the option of soft reset or shut down. need to put that back in it was a nice feature to have the choice to shut down or soft reset by holding the power button. what is the white that looks like 2 light switches on the task bar? i cant click on it and it doesnt do anything.

Last edited by hunter7773; 04-08-2010 at 10:27 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:36 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntopper View Post
OK, I got this little problem (probably not even related to the ROM, but you people are so helpful, I thought I might get some feedback).

I've had issues with battery life on v5 since the start. Yesterday I actually made several phone calls, played 18 holes of golf (in the rain) while using the GPS, updated facebook tab, and surfed internet (probably a good 30 min) and when I went to bed and plugged in the charger I still had 20% battery left. So I said to myself, "(self) problem solved."

Well today I made no phone calls, updated the facebook tab, and surfed about 5 min and by lunch (5 hours) it was down to 20%. By the time I got off work 5 hours later it was dead. (couldn't tell you when it turned off). I checked at lunch and the only thing showing up on the task manager was activesync. The data arrows on the taskbar signal icon were dull (meaning no active connection I think).

So any ideas? I'll probably flash purple haze when it gets back to 50%+ but this makes no sense to me. I've never had this quick of battery drain (and yes it was showing 100% when I took it off the charger this AM). Never, on any rom (especially TW).

TIA,
ST
Quote:
purple haze looks and runs great. um, but the little box in the top center mine is blue not the purple like it shows on the front page. when you hold the power button down for a soft reset it has shut off only it doesnt have the option of soft reset or shut down. need to put that back in it was a nice feature to have the choice to shut down or soft reset by holding the power button
Suntopper: since we now have 3 tabs that will auto connect for data, Mail Tab, Facebook, Weather. Do you have all of this set to auto every two hours, that might be the answer.

I also have seen with same rom, one day of short battery life and then good on other days. I guess I'm trying to say

Hunter773: The Purple Haze rom is not 100% purple. You will see some blue that still needs to be removed. To help please take a screenshot and post as an attachment. I don't always use a rom for more than a day or two. I am beta testing build 23642 tonight. One build that I plan sending to my desktop recycle bin when I get rom.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible, touch pro 2, xv6900, x50v
Carrier: verizon

suntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

jstine,

Not a big fan of Jimi, but my 28 yr old daughter loves the theme

Also, not a big deal, but facebook tab icon is the same old dull blue! Just pointing it out.

Hunter, see below

Quote:
purple haze looks and runs great. um, but the little box in the top center mine is blue not the purple like it shows on the front page.

mines the same but it's a nice contrast
Edit: OK, I see what you mean!

when you hold the power button down for a soft reset it has shut off only it doesnt have the option of soft reset or shut down. need to put that back in it was a nice feature to have the choice to shut down or soft reset by holding the power button.

If you run xdashutdown, go into menu and select shortcuts. Select "create long press power" and you'll have what you want.

what is the white that looks like 2 light switches on the task bar? i cant click on it and it doesnt do anything.

Same question (actually, I thought it was a white box until I put on my glasses).
screen cap. The blue box shows up on every tab and just happens to be on the right side of the landscape tab (where the shortcuts are on the home tab).

Last edited by suntopper; 04-08-2010 at 11:22 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
rom, theme