View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 10:36 PM
Timberwolf671
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [04/07/10]V5 *Purple Haze,Blue Midnight 6.5.5 Facebook,Reader,Doc tabs, MAX 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntopper View Post
OK, I got this little problem (probably not even related to the ROM, but you people are so helpful, I thought I might get some feedback).

I've had issues with battery life on v5 since the start. Yesterday I actually made several phone calls, played 18 holes of golf (in the rain) while using the GPS, updated facebook tab, and surfed internet (probably a good 30 min) and when I went to bed and plugged in the charger I still had 20% battery left. So I said to myself, "(self) problem solved."

Well today I made no phone calls, updated the facebook tab, and surfed about 5 min and by lunch (5 hours) it was down to 20%. By the time I got off work 5 hours later it was dead. (couldn't tell you when it turned off). I checked at lunch and the only thing showing up on the task manager was activesync. The data arrows on the taskbar signal icon were dull (meaning no active connection I think).

So any ideas? I'll probably flash purple haze when it gets back to 50%+ but this makes no sense to me. I've never had this quick of battery drain (and yes it was showing 100% when I took it off the charger this AM). Never, on any rom (especially TW).

TIA,
ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter7773 View Post
purple haze looks and runs great. um, but the little box in the top center mine is blue not the purple like it shows on the front page. when you hold the power button down for a soft reset it has shut off only it doesnt have the option of soft reset or shut down. need to put that back in it was a nice feature to have the choice to shut down or soft reset by holding the power button
Suntopper: since we now have 3 tabs that will auto connect for data, Mail Tab, Facebook, Weather. Do you have all of this set to auto every two hours, that might be the answer.

I also have seen with same rom, one day of short battery life and then good on other days. I guess I'm trying to say

Hunter773: The Purple Haze rom is not 100% purple. You will see some blue that still needs to be removed. To help please take a screenshot and post as an attachment. I don't always use a rom for more than a day or two. I am beta testing build 23642 tonight. One build that I plan sending to my desktop recycle bin when I get rom.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion