PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 07:47 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!
Carrier: Sprint

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: <> 2-19-10 <> Medium Hill Rom's <> SYS 23534 & 21890 <> MH UC & Provisioning v3.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnively View Post
I am using Corp exchange on the new 23540 and I also ran 23534 with out any issues.
Me too.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC XV6800/Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jas0nmack is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: <> 2-19-10 <> Medium Hill Rom's <> SYS 23534 & 21890 <> MH UC & Provisioning v3.1

ok flashed 28230

Installed Verizon MMS and did not install provisioning as data/voice is working
Synced with Facebook, Exchange and turned on AGPS

Issues:
back arrow and lock button doesn't work throughout start menu structure (X button does)
Pictures/names/numbers do not show up on incoming call (when you ignore with txt it doesn't populate their name/number either)
[Known issue] AGPS still doesn't work with Google Maps
[Known issue] Activesync button doesn't work in Settings tab

Just installed Verizon Provisioning cab and soft reset
E (as in EV/3G/1X/AS) icon is now blank
Data now doesn't work (like everytime I install provisioning for the 1st time)
Back arrow now works in Start menu structure and ran the provisioning cab again over top of itself and soft reset
Back arrow and lock icon now doesn't work again(X button does) but data is working

I think we should discuss bug issues based on your carrier as well. It seems the Sprint and Verizon TP2 have some differences.

Also in the beginning when I first flashed it, it said my phone was Pacific time and was 2 hours behind even though I had sync internet time and AGPS working. I had to manually go in and change my time zone to Central US. I have nothing else installed or changes made to the phone.

Last edited by jas0nmack; 02-22-2010 at 08:36 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc rhodium

cls_ is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas0nmack View Post
ok flashed 28230
Installed Verizon MMS and did not install provisioning as data/voice is working
Synced with Facebook, Exchange and turned on AGPS

Issues:
back arrow and lock button doesn't work throughout start menu structure (X button does)
Pictures/names/numbers do not show up on incoming call (when you ignore with txt it doesn't populate their name/number either)
WEIRD. I had the same problem with the Start Menu's Back button not working earlier. I went to check the lock button since you mentioned it and it worked... and now my back button works too. AND Nothing has changed!

Only difference from earlier is I don't have phone service in my damn office.... WHY VERIZON, WHY do i get reception everywhere except in my office. lol. sorry for the outburst.

Quote:
I think we should discuss bug issues based on your carrier as well. It seems the Sprint and Verizon TP2 have some differences.
I agree.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:24 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson

Quote:
Unfortunately since I don't have Verizon service nor a Verizon TP2, it's very hard for me to trouble shoot the issues Verizon user's have as I can't replicate the problems on my phone that you guys are having. It's not that i'm not willing to help, it's just I don't have a Verizon TP2 to test on. And it seems no matter what carrier cab you guys use, it doesn't matter. And technically your data shouldn't work until it's provisioned. You also have to remember that the 6.5.x branch is an experimental branch which I think people tend to forget. If you want stability you should probably run 6.5. One reason you Verizon users are probably having issues is because i'm not using a VZ kernel. I would almost bet that if you did, as other chefs use the VZ 6.5 kernel, you would not have the issues you do. But being Sprint using the VZ kernel can cause some issues with Sprint TP2's even to the point of not booting. This is why there is the push for phone companies to sell the phones unbranded, so there is not all the differences and difficulties between carriers.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

macsrgr84me is becoming a great contributor

Been running the new 23540 sense 2.5 test rom 2-21 since earlier this morning and so far so good. I'm on Sprint.
gmail pop3 works, blue tooth active sync works, incoming ring works, htc dial skin works, htc volume control works, like that the colored taskbar is still there, quickgps works, weather/location works, web browsing on opera mini 5 beta works, installed mh max manila after the fresh install and things work well. Installed my other cabs via the uc tool after wards and everything looks good so far.

Great job Dibbson!
Old 02-22-2010, 11:53 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson

Thanks KW, glad it's running good for you! It's been running good for me too.

and like i said, i would put money on it, that the VZ issues are because it's not a VZ core/kernel. I'll have to look and see if i can find that 6.5 VZ kernel, it's probably somewhere around my comp.... maybe. I got really mad after it wouldn't boot on my phone after several hours and may have deleted it though, LOL
Old 02-23-2010, 01:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good work

28230 also breaks after just provisioning, syncing corporate exchange, and a soft reset. verified twice and, as always, flash danced. any other ideas?

uuh, i just thought of one. gonna flash and check. be a few
Old 02-23-2010, 02:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc rhodium

cls_ is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cls_ View Post
WEIRD. I had the same problem with the Start Menu's Back button not working earlier. I went to check the lock button since you mentioned it and it worked... and now my back button works too. AND Nothing has changed!

Only difference from earlier is I don't have phone service in my damn office.... WHY VERIZON, WHY do i get reception everywhere except in my office. lol. sorry for the outburst.
Just wanted to clarify that I have never had reception in my office... and is not a result of the ROM, but Verizon's service in my area (actually just in my office). Just realized that my original post sounded wrong.

Also, Caller ID is working for me on verizon.... someone stated in a prev post that they were having issues with it.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

geekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
Me too.
For those of you successfully using corp exchange on the new ROM, can you verify if your corp exchange server is also deploying new security/encryption and requiring a lockout and password? Mine does and I'm having problems with the ROM.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

JSnively is keeping up the good workJSnively is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekdaddy View Post
For those of you successfully using corp exchange on the new ROM, can you verify if your corp exchange server is also deploying new security/encryption and requiring a lockout and password? Mine does and I'm having problems with the ROM.
Yes mine also requires the pin. Right after I sync the first time it asks for the pin I eneter it then log back in and it hangs on the sync but I do a soft rest an run sync again and all is well.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development