PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 07:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Comstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: <> 3-17-10 <> Medium Hill Rom's <> SYS 23547 & 21895 <> MH UC & Provisioning v3.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123sit View Post
Yeah I'm a customizer. If theres a customization for manila Ive probably tried it or have a cab of it, hehe. I use dibbs rom as the foundation and build my transparent version of the manilla interface as soon as I flash it. I can proudly say Im an addict.
I always want to customize but never take the time to research. But I'll keep using them and shooting you thanks if you keep posting them. At least that way I know they work on my favorite ROM!!!
Old 03-24-2010, 07:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: USCC

123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to 123sit
Re: <> 3-17-10 <> Medium Hill Rom's <> SYS 23547 & 21895 <> MH UC & Provisioning v3.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comstar View Post
I always want to customize but never take the time to research. But I'll keep using them and shooting you thanks if you keep posting them. At least that way I know they work on my favorite ROM!!!

Deal

EDIT: I posted a screenshot of a weather panel with radar tab I always use.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=2289

Last edited by 123sit; 03-24-2010 at 07:13 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Comstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuff

Quote:
Deal

EDIT: I posted a screenshot of a weather panel with radar tab I always use.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=2289
Does it get set up as a tab on sense or a titanium panel? I like that! Post it up if you have it or send me to it.

Last edited by Comstar; 03-24-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:34 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson

Ok, everything is working A OK, so upload of updated roms should begin within the next hour.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff

Quote:
Does it get set up as a tab on sense? I like that! Post it up if you have it or send me to it.
It actually replaces a tab. I'm pretty sure you can have it add a tap but then it has a default ugly icon that would require manila editing to remedy. I don't use the stocks tab so it basically overlays itself in the stock tab. Sometimes when you switch to it you see the stocks tab for a second then it displays.

It's a lengthy install but it works so here goes.

1. Download all 5 cabs and zip file.
2. Run number 1 and 2, Extra weatherpanel.dll from attached Weatherpanel.DLL.zip, into \Program Files\MarsWare\Weatherpanel overwriting the one that is there, then softreset.
3. Run 3, 4, 5, then soft reset. *If 3 fails don't worry just keep going.
4. When your phone is back up and running launch MTP Configuration.
5. Select the tab you want to replace, I choose Stocks. Check the Override tab height checkbox and set the portrait mode to 620.
6. Click the Items tab at the bottom and Select only weatherpanel and hit apply about 2-3 times. Then click your back hardkey to close the app since it has no X button.
7. Soft reset again.
8. When your phone boots back up slide over to whatever tab your chose in Step 5 and just click the white graphic at the top of the tab.
9. Now itll launch the WeatherPanel configuration. Choose your options and when you finish with an option just push the Back hardkey to get to the previous screen
10. Give it a second and it should update with the current weather. I suggest clicking around for a minute or to because theres tons of info in the app. Moon phases, 10 day forecast, precipitation levels, animated radar etc.

I have had it not display before which is unerstandable due to the way it works, but you just see the tab that its replacing hehe.

EDIT: July 1, 2010 Updated weatherpanel.dll file to fix moon phases. Steps updated and zip file attached.
Attached Files
File Type: cab 01_mtp.cab (78.0 KB, 102 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab 02_wp.cab (2.43 MB, 100 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab 03_mtp2.cab (511 Bytes, 91 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab 04_radarweather.cab (7.77 MB, 105 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab 05_wp2.cab (433 Bytes, 89 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip WeatherPanel.DLL.zip (59.2 KB, 41 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by 123sit; 07-01-2010 at 11:13 AM.
This post has been thanked 15 times.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:22 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

Wow, facebook tab wasn't even that much work, although i had to do some script and reg editing...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
Wow, facebook tab wasn't even that much work, although i had to do some script and reg editing...
Sweet!
Old 03-24-2010, 09:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
It actually replaces a tab. I'm pretty sure you can have it add a tap but then it has a default ugly icon that would require manila editing to remedy. I don't use the stocks tab so it basically overlays itself in the stock tab. Sometimes when you switch to it you see the stocks tab for a second then it displays.

It's a lengthy install but it works so here goes.

1. Download all 5 cabs.
2. Run number 1 and 2, then softreset.
3. Run 3, 4, 5, then soft reset. *If 3 fails don't worry just keep going.
4. When your phone is back up and running launch MTP Configuration.
5. Select the tab you want to replace, I choose Stocks. Check the Override tab height checkbox and set the portrait mode to 620.
6. Click the Items tab at the bottom and Select only weatherpanel and hit apply about 2-3 times. Then click your back hardkey to close the app since it has no X button.
7. Soft reset again.
8. When your phone boots back up slide over to whatever tab your chose in Step 5 and just click the white graphic at the top of the tab.
9. Now itll launch the WeatherPanel configuration. Choose your options and when you finish with an option just push the Back hardkey to get to the previous screen
10. Give it a second and it should update with the current weather. I suggest clicking around for a minute or to because theres tons of info in the app. Moon phases, 10 day forecast, precipitation levels, animated radar etc.

I have had it not display before which is unerstandable due to the way it works, but you just see the tab that its replacing hehe.

Thanks again. This is great. I have it loaded and all is working fine. I need the radar - tornado season is coming up soon here in Kansas !!!!!

How do you flip to the next city from the main screen?

Last edited by Comstar; 03-24-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:12 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Sprint USCC rom is uploading, 30 mins left on upload. VZ/Telus after that.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Thanks again. This is great. I have it loaded and all is working fine. I need the radar - tornado season is coming up soon here in Kansas !!!!!

How do you flip to the next city from the main screen?
You now thats a good question cause I only ever load one city. I know you can set it in the configuration of the tab to cycle cities, but I think you have to click it then use the arrows in the top left to manually change it. Also if you hold on the map you get options to push play and animate it right on the tab.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development