PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2009, 06:57 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Carrier: Sprint

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson
<> 11-2-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <>

First off let me say
Thanks to everyone in the PPC World out there who made this possible.... also everyone involved with PPCKitchen, GGuru, Conflipper, luv2chill, JustPCTech, Colonel, Da_G, JooJooBee, Showaco, Tom Codon, BikeandDestroyX, DFT (for almost all leaked SYS files), and everyone else on PPCGeeks and everywhere else that I didn't list directly!!!!!!......

AND A SECOND SHOUT OUT TO:

Everyone at PPCK again, GGuru, JOojoOBEE, MattSM, JustPCTech, and all the others who hang out in the chatroom, you know who you are all of ya'll are awesome! Definitely would not have as awesome of roms if it was not for ya'lls help. So i just wanted to give a second recognition to ya.

POST #1 =
Thank you's and Medium Hill Official Release

POST #2 = Miscellaneous Medium Hill ROMs
POST #3 = MH UC Explained

Flash these ROM's at your OWN Risk. Make sure your TP2 is unlocked before flashing, and Medium Hill nor Dibbson are responsible in any way for any damage to your phone or extra charges from your carrier by flashing this ROM.

SYS Notes

These ROMs are based on the 23139 6.5.x SYS. Although I have merged the SYS with other COM branches since development on COM 5 has stopped. Going forward I will be upgrading the SYS as I can when newer packages are released from other COMs. IE, Voice Commander, and some drivers and packages have been upgraded on this version.

Notes About Voice Commander

Also Voice Commander is not active at first boot, but I have made a CAB that you can select with MH UC to install a link in the \Windows\Startup directory so it will start up on boot. I did this so people that don't use Voice Command will get a slight performance and RAM boost, and those that do need it, can just install that link CAB.

*Video ROM Review by: D/\SH*

--------------------------------------------------------

This is a 21916 SYS ROM optimized and cleaned with Manila 2018 on top of it. This is also Sprint specific (only Sprint users) and has the navigation, Sprint TV, Documents, and eReader tabs included. Also a few other apps as well. Enjoy!!

Download

--------------------------------------------------------

Medium Hill Official Release
Sense 2.5 2018

Official builds use the Medium Hill UC app, if UC app is unresponsive at first, please give it a few seconds as the ROM is still loading things in the background as i do not use the alignment and date screen anymore. Also, If the UC app goes straight to the home screen please press on the top left of the screen to activate (or double click the back hardware key) Arkswitch task manager and click on the UC app and all will be fine. Only issue with this ROM is under HTC Settings tab the active sync link is broke. Although active sync works perfectly under startmenu>utilities>active sync. Long press of the back hardware key will close/kill any application. Rhodium keyboard control is also now included into the ROM. Double click of back hardware key brings up arkswitch and longpress will kill an app or process. No Carrier Provisioning or MMS settings cabs need to be installed. More info on the new Medium Hill UC App at the top of Post #3.

Updated 10-02-2010

Verizon <}{> Sprint <}{> USCC <}{> Telus

I recommend using Task29 before you flash. What is Task29 you ask?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For more info head here www.MediumHill.com

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Last edited by dibbson; 01-04-2011 at 12:17 PM.
This post has been thanked 85 times.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Re: (12-5-2009) Medium Hill ROM 6.5.3 28005 Sense 2.1

Cookie Home Tab 2 Beta ROM

10-02-2010

This is the Medium Hill Cookie Home Tab 1.8.5 ROM. It is based on 23569 hybrid SYS, with the manila 2013 core. BIG Thanks go to CookieMonster over at XDA (thread here) without CookieMonster, there would be no Cookie Home Tab, so make sure you go give him some thanks and props!!! Besides Cookie Home Tab, everything else is the same except for the manila core and a few additional tweaks. Nothing has been done to CHT, so it's a fully stock ROM to do with as you choose.

------------------------------------------------

Titanium ROM

10-02-2010

This is a stripped down titanium ROM, but it still remains fully functional. There is nothing extra installed at all with the exception of the following apps: MH UC, MS Calculator, IE, MS Calendar, MS SMS & MMS, WMP, MS Task Manager, File Explorer, Internet Sharing, Sim Manager, MS Office 2010, Comm Manager, HTC Camera, HTC Wi-Fi Sharing, HTC Album, Quick GPS,Google Maps, Facebook, Opera, Youtube, Rhodium Keyboard Control, HTC Task Manager, USB to PC, EZ input SIP, and Phone Canvas from USCC 6.5 Shipped ROM. Well, that's about it, I added a couple new apps in the 7-4 update (added apps are highlighted above), download and enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Max Sense ROM

8-5-2010

Since there has been no development or any word at all from Max since July, I will no longer be making any new Max Sense ROMs as it is not completely compatible with the new 2018 manila. It is Unfortunate that there is no more development, but oh well... This is the Medium Hill Max Sense ROM. It is based on 23569 hybrid SYS, with the manila 2013 core. BIG Thanks go to Maxycy over at XDA (thread here) without Maxycy, there would be no Max Sense, so make sure you go give him some thanks and props!!! Besides Max Sense, everything else is the same except for the manila core and a few additional tweaks. This ROM is a complete clean slate to do with as you choose, so don't freak out if there is nothing on your screen when it boots up. I just thought I would give everyone the opportunity to do with it as you choose instead of having to remove abunch of stuff from the 3 home screens. Here is a Pic if you want to see what it looks like.

-----------------------------------------------
6.5 21916 Manila 2018

10-20-2010

This is SYS 21916 optimized, cleaned/gutted and topped with Sense 2018.

Sprint <}{> Verizon
<}{> USCC <}{> Telus

6.5 21916 Titanium

10-20-2010

This is SYS 21916 optimized, cleaned/gutted.

Sprint
<}{> Verizon <}{> USCC <}{> Telus

For more info head here www.MediumHill.com

Last edited by dibbson; 10-20-2010 at 08:20 PM.
This post has been thanked 53 times.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

MH UC v4.0

MH UC is a custom programmed app for Medium Hill ROMs. MH UC will start on the first boot up, and allow you to install any CABs from your SD card that you choose. MH UC is also located in the Utilities folder in the Start Menu so you can open it later to install any other CABs and use the built in FTP feature. Yes, MH UC has a live FTP feature built in. You can connect to Medium Hills online FTP and download different wallpapers, titanium themes, taskbar mods, and other CABs and theme related items, even ROMs themselves. And since provisioning is already set up for you at first boot, you can connect to the FTP and download stuff if you need to at first boot. If for some reason the MH UC gets lost in the initial boot order sequence, and it goes straight to your home screen instead. Please press the top left corner of your screen (or double click the back hard key) to activate Arkswitch, and then select MH UC to install any CABs that you wish.

Cabs on the storage card in the following directories will get silently installed with no user interaction:

\Cabs
\XDA_UC
\Config
\SDConfig

Cabs on the storage card in
the following directories will get installed with needed user interaction. This would be cab's that also include a pop up asking for a reset:

\Cabs\WithUI
\XDA_UC\SD
\SASHIMI\Auto\CAB
\SASHIMI\Auto\CAB\ASL
\SASHIMI\Auto\CAB\SC

Version 4.0 also includes the ability to restructure your start menu as follows,

This new version searches for .lnk files in your Storage Card in the folder \Cabs\Lnks and copy's them into \windows\start menu\programs folder.

It will first search the current \windows\start menu\programs folder and all sub-folders for that .lnk file name and if it exists, it will NOT copy the one from your storage card. If it does NOT exist, it will copy it over.

If you setup a directory structure under \storage card\cabs\lnk to organize your lnk files, this tool will replicate that same directory structure under \windows\start menu\programs.

If you install cabs with User Interaction, please use the exit button instead of pressing yes to reset from the cab so it will delete the startup folder link properly, This will be fixed in the next release.

Also, a BIG Special thanks to Macsrgr84me for coding help with the initial versions of MH Provisioning app.

*Please give credit where credit is due if you would like to use any of my themes or taskbars or anything else from my FTP in a ROM that you publicly release.*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by dibbson; 07-07-2010 at 12:24 PM.
This post has been thanked 34 times.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, TP , TP2x2 and now EVO!!!

nutzy19 is keeping up the good worknutzy19 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

looks good, cant wait to try it out!
Old 12-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

There you go, ready for download
This post has been thanked 11 times.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

siraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Whoa... cool.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Thanks, glad you think so
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

viper8u2 is keeping up the good workviper8u2 is keeping up the good workviper8u2 is keeping up the good work

just wanted to let you know I flashed your rom to try, seems pretty fast and I do like the looks of it, I do try different roms quite a bit so I did want to let you know that it did work on VZW although if you wanted to make it more neutral you could have the sprint specific items in a cab or the provisioning setup like juicy and Mighty do

Thanks
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:42 PM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

is there anyway to get a teletubbies animation on the home screen, would look awesome to see them pop out behind the hills

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:50 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper8u2 View Post
just wanted to let you know I flashed your rom to try, seems pretty fast and I do like the looks of it, I do try different roms quite a bit so I did want to let you know that it did work on VZW although if you wanted to make it more neutral you could have the sprint specific items in a cab or the provisioning setup like juicy and Mighty do

Thanks
Thanks for the heads up. really the only thing thats really sprint is the mms. But i can take that out. I want to do a couple things before the next update, and i'll take that mms out since it works for verizon, thanks again for the heads up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
is there anyway to get a teletubbies animation on the home screen, would look awesome to see them pop out behind the hills
Thats pretty funny!
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development