PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 05:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc rhodium
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cls_ is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: <> 2-19-10 <> Medium Hill Rom's <> SYS 23534 & 21890 <> MH UC & Provisioning v3.1

Just loaded 23540 rom w/ htc messaging on verizon. First off, everything is running generally well as usual. Dibbs, thanks for including the clear type landscape fix.

ivwonka, I am syncing to exchange with about 100 contacts, over 100 emails in a few folders, 22 tasks, and just over 100 calendar items. So far everything is working good. However, I don't have to type in any unlock code.

Regarding some posts about the EV/1X/ActiveSync icon on the taskbar, if you run the Verizon provisioning it does break that icon, and it gets stuck on Active Sync icon. If you do not run the Verizon provisioning cab then the icon works, and the only issue I found was the keyboard mappings, which you can fix with rhodium keyboard driver and/or the "verizon keyboard fix.cab".

Old 02-22-2010, 05:52 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson
Re: <> 2-19-10 <> Medium Hill Rom's <> SYS 23534 & 21890 <> MH UC & Provisioning v3.1

cls, you wanna test something for me real quick? If so, send me a pm

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

geekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivwonka View Post
ok. i just did titanium (which has mm in the provision btw) and sure enough it totally freezes after soft reset now. i sat and watched it sync everything in activesync and it worked fine. i open email and delete, go to activesync and watch everything sync and it works fine. i softreset and get the lock screen as usual. i unlock (corporate account requires passcode) and the taskbar never shows (stays blue there) and titanium loads but is totally unresponsive. this is just like on the manila build.

i have <100 contacts sync and only about 30 emails (but lots of attachments). i have a feeling this is about the size of attachments and something has changed in these new sys builds with conversation view and previews. i have tried the option of using sd card and not, but get same freeze. what i have not tried is not syncing attachments. i think i will go back to the beta build and not sync attachments and see how that works. thanks, its awesome rom. optimistic it is the attachment thing, if still does it will try 6.5 build.
Had a similar experience with the new MH 25340 test ROM on my TP2. Everything worked great "out of the box." But, at some point after I setup my corp exchange sync, I couldn't properly get through a soft-reset. I had the blue/blank taskbar and manilla wouldn't load.

So... This may have something to do with the corp-exchange + lock stuff. I ran prior MH ROMs (23529) and didn't have this issue.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:14 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

It's all related to the newer email client in the 235xx series ( i had thought it might be something else, but the 21890 had the same thing done to it, so when it worked for him, that ruled that out). He switched to the 21890 ROM with no issues at all. So I would have to switch to a different 6.5.x SYS to get rid of the corp exchange sync issue. But i haven't found another 6.5.x sys that runs as good as this series.... with the exception of your issue

Last edited by dibbson; 02-22-2010 at 10:17 AM.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:31 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Ok, give this a try, it's a 28230 SYS. Exact same as what your running now, with just a different SYS. It's uploading now, will post link when it's done. This should fix your problem. Flashing my phone now just to check and make sure basic things work.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: LG Optimus S

KingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuff

Dibbson...I have sent a PM to you. I hope you can help.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:41 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

I replied already
Old 02-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Alright SYS 28230 is up in the test folder on the FTP
Old 02-22-2010, 12:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

JSnively is keeping up the good workJSnively is keeping up the good work

I am using Corp exchange on the new 23540 and I also ran 23534 with out any issues.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
Alright SYS 28230 is up in the test folder on the FTP
wow. you're fast. will flash 2nite

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development