PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 02:04 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson
Re: <> 2-19-10 <> Medium Hill Rom's <> SYS 23534 & 21890 <> MH UC & Provisioning v3.1

Thanks, glad your liking it. I hope there isn't a new SYS for a few days, or anything significant that needs changing. Cuz i'd really like to get a few more things done with my website

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: <> 2-19-10 <> Medium Hill Rom's <> SYS 23534 & 21890 <> MH UC & Provisioning v3.1

ok i think i have it nailed down. this rom starts slowing, locking up on me after i sync my exchange account from work. it has tons of contacts and LOTS of email. i have been hard resetting and tweaking the hell out of the 19th release and the the new beta. i have put tons of apps, manila tweaks, taskbars, etc. on it and it runs like a charm. i mean it is smooth. a real stock feel that our own migtymike would be proud of. btw, the cookiemonster home tab works awesome on the rom. i prefer it to mighty max. tons of program shortcuts and your next few appointments just from a swipe. as soon as i sync my exchange account, it all goes to hell and it won't even startup after a soft reset. i am d/l the titanium rom right now and am going to do nothing but provision and sync exchange just to confirm that it is a sys thing. i will post back.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:05 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

Ok, it may just be that the rom is settling in from all the emails and contacts, How long did you give it afterwards, and did you soft reset aftwards too? I know for a fact contact and email overload can slow a phone down for a few minutes for sure if you have alot, meaning more than 100 emails, and over 200 contacts, would be a number that pops in my head.. When I let my music start loading on the music tab, it slows the crap out of it, cuz it's going through like 8 to 10 gigs worth of music. But after a few minutes it's back to normal. If you really want to confirm if it's the SYS or not, DL the 6.5 ROM.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc rhodium
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cls_ is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas0nmack View Post
Also has any Verizon Wireless user have to install the provisioning cab, then soft reset and install it again to actually get data to work? It's not with the provisioning cab itself because I downloaded the one from MM's ROM and had to do the same thing. I just think there's some conflicts with stuff in the ROM and Verizon's network because I tried another ROM with the same sys and build of Manilla and was able to use AGPS with Google Maps and not have to turn "gps" on Got a triangulation lock instantly.
I have not had to do that... but I have had similar problems with data not working on verizon after first provisioning. What I did to fix the issue was go to Manila Settings Tab->Wireless Controls which brings up the Communications window. Now try to turn on Data Connection. If it says it cannot turn data on, click on Data Connection->Manage Existing Connections, and then click the green check mark to go back to the Communications Screen. Now try turning on the Data Connection and it magically works.

However, I have noticed at times my data connections does not turn on automatically, and I have to turn it on manually in the Manila Communications Window.

I have had similar problems with google maps and AGPS not working. I believe there are some weird conflicts with the roms and Verizons network. I do not have this problem using stock roms... I believe it worked on a few other custom roms too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123sit View Post
I use this dotfreds taskmanager for importing registry files and it does tons of other useful things also. It's available here:

http://www.dotfred.net/TaskMgr.htm
Thanks for info... I had been looking for a way to import registry files on win mobile. Funny thing is I use dotfreds taskmanager... guess I should have paid closer attention to all its features.

Old 02-22-2010, 03:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker

ivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good work

ok. i just did titanium (which has mm in the provision btw) and sure enough it totally freezes after soft reset now. i sat and watched it sync everything in activesync and it worked fine. i open email and delete, go to activesync and watch everything sync and it works fine. i softreset and get the lock screen as usual. i unlock (corporate account requires passcode) and the taskbar never shows (stays blue there) and titanium loads but is totally unresponsive. this is just like on the manila build.

i have <100 contacts sync and only about 30 emails (but lots of attachments). i have a feeling this is about the size of attachments and something has changed in these new sys builds with conversation view and previews. i have tried the option of using sd card and not, but get same freeze. what i have not tried is not syncing attachments. i think i will go back to the beta build and not sync attachments and see how that works. thanks, its awesome rom. optimistic it is the attachment thing, if still does it will try 6.5 build.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:54 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Yeah, let me know how the 6.5 goes, as the 235xx series is the one that has the experimental threaded email. 28xxx is experimenting with new IE features, 218xx is regular 6.5 not much going on there really, 24xxx not sure what they are up to there. But anyways, try the 6.5 and let me know. More than anything, it's probably just the new threaded email stuff causing you issues. I never use active sync other than just connecting it to my comp's to flash. I sync all email accounts manually, well not manually really, i set up a cab that installs all my accounts that i run on first boot. I've never trusted active sync or outlook. But that's just me being cautious after fixing lots of people outlook issues on PC's over the years, lol.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker

d/l 21890 now. even just syncing last 2 weeks and no attachments it locked up after first soft reset on 23540. it loads the unlock screen perfect and even has the next event at the bottom, i enter passcode and then its frozen.

weird thing is i've been on these 6.5.x builds for awhile with no issues. 2/16 of energy, the last calkulin rom, 7ppc, impact and corporate exchange has always gone well. will report back about 21890
Old 02-22-2010, 04:50 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

If 21890 doesn't work, i do have one idea i could try.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker

21890 works great. no problems after a few resets and adding a few settings changes.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:25 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Ok, then that throws my idea out the window. Thanks for the testing on that.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development