PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 01:08 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson
Re: <> 2-19-10 <> Medium Hill Rom's <> SYS 23534 & 21890 <> MH UC & Provisioning v3.1

Thanks for replying to that Jsnively, as I don't use corp exchange server.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Old 02-23-2010, 04:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

nebulink is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: <> 2-19-10 <> Medium Hill Rom's <> SYS 23534 & 21890 <> MH UC & Provisioning v3.1

I am currently running 2-19MH23534Sense2.5 and it has been very very stable.

The only issue I am having is with the Weather. For example, the phone shows -6F but the actual temp is 21F.

I am a US Cellular customer and connect to my Kerio Corporate mail server with ActiveSyn/Exchange connector and it works like a charm.

Keep up the great work.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:32 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

haha, that's an easy one, you'll slap yourself when i tell ya. On the weather tab, hit the menu softkey and then press Fahrenheit and voila! There ya go
Old 02-23-2010, 05:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

JSnively is keeping up the good workJSnively is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
haha, that's an easy one, you'll slap yourself when i tell ya. On the weather tab, hit the menu softkey and then press Fahrenheit and voila! There ya go
Did you just changed that the last couple of releases or is that part of the new SYS files?

I have just been changing it takes to seconds.

Last edited by JSnively; 02-23-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:14 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

That was 2012 tom foolery. I need to go in and edit the 2012 weather rgu to default to that instead of Celsius. I noticed it, but totally forgot about it.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good work

ok, spent lots of hard resets trying things for corp exchange problem. all on 23534. i tried using the i780patch.exe that was required on the stock sprint rom to sync at all (it would just give an error code and never sync). that didn't work. tried just syncing contacts, in the thought that it was email messing it up. same freeze after the next soft reset. i tried setting up with no sd card (i read somewhere that some corps require encrypted cards). no dice. also tried location of storage of email for both phone and card. and no attachments

and then just to verify i set up my google account in exchange and the rom runs like butter and can soft reset all day long with it loading up just fine. (i have flashed and sync'd my corp account to most major roms in this forum). Anyone else have any ideas?
Old 02-23-2010, 09:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

nebulink is a n00b

Quote:
Ah, it figures it would be so easy. That's alright, I won't tell my friends.

Thanks for the awesome rom. This has been the best rom yet for me.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

geekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivwonka View Post
ok, spent lots of hard resets trying things for corp exchange problem. all on 23534. i tried using the i780patch.exe that was required on the stock sprint rom to sync at all (it would just give an error code and never sync). that didn't work. tried just syncing contacts, in the thought that it was email messing it up. same freeze after the next soft reset. i tried setting up with no sd card (i read somewhere that some corps require encrypted cards). no dice. also tried location of storage of email for both phone and card. and no attachments

and then just to verify i set up my google account in exchange and the rom runs like butter and can soft reset all day long with it loading up just fine. (i have flashed and sync'd my corp account to most major roms in this forum). Anyone else have any ideas?

You've put more effort into debugging this issue than I did, but I can confirm that I've had a very similar experience. In summary:

1. The latest MH ROM (23534) doesn't properly come out of reset after I setup the ROM to run with my corp exchange server. My symptoms were identical to the ones you described.

2. Prior MH ROM's worked fine for me.

3. Other 6.5 and 6.5.x ROMs with 2.1 and 2.5 variants (2011 and 2012-based) that I've tried (MAL, RSTG, Silence, etc.) don't have this same problem.

Hope Dibbs or somebody can figure this out because I really like the MH ROMs
Old 02-24-2010, 05:01 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekdaddy View Post
You've put more effort into debugging this issue than I did, but I can confirm that I've had a very similar experience. In summary:

1. The latest MH ROM (23534) doesn't properly come out of reset after I setup the ROM to run with my corp exchange server. My symptoms were identical to the ones you described.

2. Prior MH ROM's worked fine for me.

3. Other 6.5 and 6.5.x ROMs with 2.1 and 2.5 variants (2011 and 2012-based) that I've tried (MAL, RSTG, Silence, etc.) don't have this same problem.

Hope Dibbs or somebody can figure this out because I really like the MH ROMs
So you tried the 6.5 ROM and it did the same thing?
Old 02-24-2010, 11:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

geekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
So you tried the 6.5 ROM and it did the same thing?
Which 6.5 ROM? I've only tried your 6.5.x ROMs. If I recall correctly, one of your prior 23529 ROMs worked just fine for me -- didn't exhibit the soft reset problems I had with 23534 and 23540 versions after connecting with my corp exchange acct.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development