PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2010, 04:19 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson
Re: <> 2-19-10 <> Medium Hill Rom's <> SYS 23534 & 21890 <> MH UC & Provisioning v3.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
I use the 6.5.x Sense 2.5 ones. But to be honest I jumped ship for a few to try out Mightyrom Love but that only lasted a day cause I was having major problems with email in manilla2.1/in general. I really enjoyed the speed of manilla 2.1 though. That is my only issue with the 2.5 roms they are slow. BTW, what is your page pool? Thanks.
Page pool's a secret...... hahaha. J/K, I use 16. I don't like to mess with that as that can cause massive across the board issues with a rom in various ways. I've actually been running something out of the norm too. As much as I love the 6.5.x bottom taskbar. I've been running a 6.5 2.5 ROM the last few days, and it's been smooth and lightning fast, been lovin it actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard View Post
I am on 23540 2.5 without the HTC messaging and it seems to work just fine!

Always want the latest and the best!

Thanks
Glad to hear it Wizzard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
Ok downloaded the 23540 2.5 rom and having trouble with email program too, damn. I think Mighty is also using 23540 so I guess its the wm build. SIgh I hope 23541 fixes that. I am convienced its my yahoo account screwing stuff up, i dont have exchange setup yet.
Hmm, not sure why you were having email trouble. When I was running the 23540, my email was fine, but I didn't use yahoo. As technically you have to "pay"/upgrade your account to be able to use yahoo on outlook and mobile phones, supposedly.... But then again it works fine on my Itouch and my Imail on my MB pro.... stupid yahoo....

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:47 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Re: <> 2-19-10 <> Medium Hill Rom's <> SYS 23534 & 21890 <> MH UC & Provisioning v3.1

New test rom is up. Sense 2.5 23541

http://mediumhill.com/dibbson/roms/t...nse2.5TEST.rar
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc rhodium
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cls_ is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
What versions of my ROM's do you guys find yourself using more?
Manila 2.5 on 6.5.x

Thanks for the updated beta rom.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bit1 is becoming a great contributor

i second the manila 2.5 on 6.5.x.
flashing your newest beta now... can i ask you guys what you use for push email? i'm having trouble with seven (seems to always freeze phone) and emoze seems a little off too. thanks for any suggestions
Old 02-27-2010, 02:34 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

when i first setup my mail, it seemed to want to fight me on it. But once I got them setup, they seem fine now. Something seems to be off with the email setup app, but the email app itself seems fine.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I loaded up 23541 and noticed that my favorite colored taskbar???

Also had a little trouble on setup. It seemed to lock up the phone trying to load sense. Had to pull the battery and then it was ok on the restart.

Thanks for the newest and the latest!
Old 02-27-2010, 10:21 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Yeah, 23541 seems to take a couple soft resets for this one to settle in. But it's been running fine for me since, so far....

I left the taskbar out cause some people complained about it here and there, and I figured it's just easier for everyone to just install whichever one they want since it's just a test rom anyways. To be honest though, I'm beginning to wonder if there is a really good 6.5.x SYS out there after running a 6.5 sense 2.5 ROM for a few days. I mean, I had zero issues on the 6.5 rom. I should have a pretty significant update rolling out towards the end of this coming week. Also voice which 6.5.x SYS all of you would prefer for the update.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:44 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Dibbson, This test rom is nice. Not having any email issues like before. I think this one is a good update canidate. Also running cookies mod which is nice. I think the 6.5.x have improved a lot over the past 6 months. I think the current one is good and stable so far. I asked about the page pool cause i read somewhere that 6.5.x is designed to operate the best with a dynamic page pool but I dont know if thats true.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:47 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

My luck I change the page pool and it screws everything up, LOL. But I have also read from time to time that WM can sometimes benefit from from a dynamic PP which allows WM to do what it wants to, but if there was a really good PP setting like that, I think more people would be jumping on that band wagon. Which i'm really not seeing atm.

EDIT: There is also an app available you can install that will allow you to change your Page Pool. So you can mess around with that if you want to. I don't have a link for it though.

Last edited by dibbson; 02-27-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

macsrgr84me is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
Yeah, 23541 seems to take a couple soft resets for this one to settle in. But it's been running fine for me since, so far....

I left the taskbar out cause some people complained about it here and there, and I figured it's just easier for everyone to just install whichever one they want since it's just a test rom anyways. To be honest though, I'm beginning to wonder if there is a really good 6.5.x SYS out there after running a 6.5 sense 2.5 ROM for a few days. I mean, I had zero issues on the 6.5 rom. I should have a pretty significant update rolling out towards the end of this coming week. Also voice which 6.5.x SYS all of you would prefer for the update.
Loaded up the 23541 test ROM. Did have some trouble at first after installing mms sprint and sprint provisioning. On soft reset, it wouldn't bring up the sense interface. Tried several soft resets and it finally worked. After that, my setups worked fine. No problems with pop3 email setup, quick gps works. Cookie's home tab 1.5.4 works well too. And I see 85mb ram free on soft reset. Don't know of any other 6.5.x rom that comes close!

Noticed the volume control is back to the wm version. Personally, I like the htc skinned version better.

And I prefer the colored task bar. Which one did you use?

My vote is the 23541 for your roll out of the next update.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development