View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 04:43 PM
geekdaddy
PPCGeeks Regular

geekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: <> 2-19-10 <> Medium Hill Rom's <> SYS 23534 & 21890 <> MH UC & Provisioning v3.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivwonka View Post
ok, spent lots of hard resets trying things for corp exchange problem. all on 23534. i tried using the i780patch.exe that was required on the stock sprint rom to sync at all (it would just give an error code and never sync). that didn't work. tried just syncing contacts, in the thought that it was email messing it up. same freeze after the next soft reset. i tried setting up with no sd card (i read somewhere that some corps require encrypted cards). no dice. also tried location of storage of email for both phone and card. and no attachments

and then just to verify i set up my google account in exchange and the rom runs like butter and can soft reset all day long with it loading up just fine. (i have flashed and sync'd my corp account to most major roms in this forum). Anyone else have any ideas?

You've put more effort into debugging this issue than I did, but I can confirm that I've had a very similar experience. In summary:

1. The latest MH ROM (23534) doesn't properly come out of reset after I setup the ROM to run with my corp exchange server. My symptoms were identical to the ones you described.

2. Prior MH ROM's worked fine for me.

3. Other 6.5 and 6.5.x ROMs with 2.1 and 2.5 variants (2011 and 2012-based) that I've tried (MAL, RSTG, Silence, etc.) don't have this same problem.

Hope Dibbs or somebody can figure this out because I really like the MH ROMs