PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 10:43 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firetaz39 View Post
NNRGZ28,

I would like to ask a couple of questions to clarify my understanding of installing the

|HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) **

on my Verizon Touch Pro 2 that I received today. First I was careful to make sure that I found your CDMA version of the ROM. Second, I am very familiar with the SPL unlocking procedure and this part is not a problem for me.

My question is will this ROM change the radio version on my brand spanky new Touch Pro 2 Verizon phone.

How would you suggest I back up the original Verizon ROM for warranty return in the event I have to return it to factory condition ? Download the ROM from the HTC site using the serial number ? I understand the relocking procedure and have downloaded both the SPL unlocker AND relocker in the event I need the latter. I just want to make sure I understand how to pull out the exact ROM that came from the factory (Verizon's version).

I very much liked all of your choices in the ROM and this is why I am carefully proceeding to set up my installation on the TP2.

Anyone reading this posting with good guidance, please feel free to e-mail directly at firetaz39@hotmail.com vs. posting here.

I will wait until I hear from ENRGZ28 before I go forward with my unlocking and reflashing my factory Verizon ROM to his "Genesis" ROM.
HARD SPL does not exist for the CDMA TP2, so you are just going to have to wait. Do not get confused and try and use the GSM version. It does not work.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

DropZone9540 is just getting started
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

I've searched this thread and can't find if anyone else has reported this problem. In Opera and in SMS composition, I don't have the keyboard preview of buttons using the on-screen keyboard when they are pressed. Didn't have this problem in the last build.

Anyone else noticing the problem? Any fix?
Old 09-14-2009, 11:16 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropZone9540 View Post
I've searched this thread and can't find if anyone else has reported this problem. In Opera and in SMS composition, I don't have the keyboard preview of buttons using the on-screen keyboard when they are pressed. Didn't have this problem in the last build.

Anyone else noticing the problem? Any fix?
It works on mine but I use FingerKeyboard or Touchpal.
Using fkb I get a sort of predictive effect.
Using TP I get that plus dictionary of text as I type.

Just checked and I do have the pop out keys when I press letters on the EZinput keypad that is the stock virtual keypad.

What do you mean preview?

Did not get the predictive text on the stock kp.
Not sure if it works or if I did not set it to work.
It is a great kp but I don't use it because the other two match my TF3D theme.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

DropZone9540 is just getting started

Thanks for the reply. I am using the bone stock 9/6 ROM and the feature I was referring to was the popout keys in the standard "Touch Input" virtual keyboard. Definitely not working for me.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:28 PM
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropZone9540 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I am using the bone stock 9/6 ROM and the feature I was referring to was the popout keys in the standard "Touch Input" virtual keyboard. Definitely not working for me.
Have read others say it did not work either.
Not sure what I did but it works great here.

Trying to take a snap a screen shot for you but you know how hard it is to time that just right? LOL

It maybe a result of installing the TouchPal keypad changing a setting that somehow altered the way the stock kp works. IDK.

Can someone else try this that has installed the TouchPal kp?

The Touch Input is EZinput kp 2.1 I think.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:34 PM
The Rootinator

Nevermind about the screenshot. LOL
Just realized the pop out keys do not show up in the shot even though they do pop out on the screen.
Never knew that.

Could have saved myself about 5 snapshots and some fast timing. LOL
Try installing the demo of ThouchPal and see if it helps.

If not you can always try the free FingerKeyboard.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:50 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

since flashing, ive noticed that my texts are really delayed (way worse than stock) and my reception is a tad worse. Is that the ROM or the network?
Old 09-14-2009, 11:56 PM
The Rootinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
since flashing, ive noticed that my texts are really delayed (way worse than stock) and my reception is a tad worse. Is that the ROM or the network?
I would guess the network.
Have gotten texts today but I honestly don't know how long they took to get here because I was too busy to reply. LOL

Usually they come in very fast though with no delays on my device.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II!

stevenxpham is just getting started

can anyone post the eneryrom wallpaper for me?
I deleted it on accident from my phone
Old 09-15-2009, 01:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Telus

Siq Mawsh is keeping up the good workSiq Mawsh is keeping up the good work

I have a new problem. I cannot send files to my TP from my computer via Bluetooth. I've tried sending cab files and mp3 files and both times I get the incomplete transfer "the device receiving cannot handle this type of file.". I've paired my device prior to doing the transfer. Worked on previous versions before sept 5th and 6th.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro