PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2009, 07:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Aurora' (23016) ** || Built August 1st ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comstar View Post
Well, then don't change it. I don't undertand why this is such a problem for people. It's been much researched and proven by people in this thread and first over at XDA. Are you looking for the Enable/Disable long battery life entry - It's not there!

Are you saying you changed this and it didn't help? I'm not sure how it could make such a dramatic difference for other people and not you.
I respect your opinion but editing this function in any way is for long battery life.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!

pastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl View Post
I flashed to this ROM back in July. I would like to reflash now and I used the PIM backup. Save to the storage card.

Then use the program and restore and it'll keep everything I told it to backup? Correct?
That is correct.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker

vernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to vernonlbrown

This is an awesome ROM. I have stayed away from 6.5 because I didn't like the overall feel or look of it but I decide to flash the EnergyROM series and I like the setup and feel of this. This ROM suits me better than the rest.

Good work on the ROM!!!
Old 08-02-2009, 07:34 PM
VIP Member

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by murducky View Post
yup, exactly, i think it would be sweet it that was set to the MS Voice command.
It's are you looking for it?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=404982

http://mobisapienz.com/index.php?opt...ownload&cid=57

If not sorry.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:53 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm627 View Post
I respect your opinion but editing this function in any way is for long battery life.
fyi-I made the suggestion for longER battery life. Sorry for the confusion. I'm a glutton for punishment so I'll make one more suggestion-have you tried flashing a different radio? This can sometimes improve battery life.
Good luck.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Quiksmage is becoming a great contributor

how do i change the M3D manilla clock to the one in the previous builds (the black on white style).
do rhodium manilla clocks work the same way as the M3D clocks do? Would I be able to install one of those, or would it need to be a rhodium specific theme?
Old 08-02-2009, 08:13 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiksmage View Post
how do i change the M3D manilla clock to the one in the previous builds (the black on white style).
do rhodium manilla clocks work the same way as the M3D clocks do? Would I be able to install one of those, or would it need to be a rhodium specific theme?
AskWhy posted.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...69545&page=630
Old 08-02-2009, 08:14 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
fyi-I made the suggestion for longER battery life. Sorry for the confusion. I'm a glutton for punishment so I'll make one more suggestion-have you tried flashing a different radio? This can sometimes improve battery life.
Good luck.
Don't worry I will.
Thak you.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:17 PM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
Try setting

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\PhoneSetting]
"ShowAutoPrependPage"=dword:00000001
"AutoPrepend_1"=dword:00000001

Then *reboot* and go to

Start->Settings->Personal->Phone->Services->Automatic Prepend

That should add the feature back in.
Will cook this in for the next release...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenS View Post
Your Roms are the best by "finger friendly menus" I just meant where the box around the "to" in the text/email application as well as the calendar options are bigger thats all. Everything is working perfectly!
Ah I see. That was a feature in 21921 but ms took it out. Hopefully it'll come back.. I'm sure it will

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingpi View Post
I just tried out this rom a couple of days ago. I really enjoy the eye candy of the TF3D.

As far as the battery life goes, I have had no problems with it except on the first day. After having it power cycle down on its own and a full night charge I have been getting 8 to 9 hours of life with good useage. I think for me the tweak of connection timeout 1min. Is what really helped. I still had no problems with battery life with taking 40mins of video and updating twitter and facebook throughout the day.

What does annoy me about this rom is that the TF3D music tab is broken... Can't never find any of my music on my Storage Card, where other Roms like Juicy work just fine with music. I know there is other apps for this, using Nitrogen now, but I still liked the TF3D tab when I used Juicy. If anyone knows a fix for the music tab please let me know!

In all a great rom, plan on sticking around on Energy now, Thanks.
Seems to work fine here. Are you sure you're not installing a cab that changes that somehow ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
I only have one suggestion and that would be to theme the battery meter to match the rest of your theme. The green seems out of place with this beaufiful ROM....Nothing to complain about though.

Thanks NRG!
Yeah I just realized that a few days ago.. we need a new one. How about greyscale ? How about blue ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Ditto. That along with a different radio seems to be helping.

@jdm627-The Chef himself calls this a Ferrari (on the 1st post) that's why I used " ". Hope you can find some tweaks that allow you to enjoy the ride.

@NRG-You are the Iron Chef!!
Amazing look and SPEED (!) what's next, mind control?
Thank you! Another donation is en route.
=D>
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by askwhy View Post
If you mean the <blank> right softkey next to Lock on the Start Menu, then I would love to know as well -- I have never seen any reference to setting that one...sorry I cannot be of any help though.
Doubt we can modify that key.. I've never seen any info on it. It might require modifying a DLL or something..

Quote:
Originally Posted by askwhy View Post
I have been playing around with my favorite Manila file, 27c65cbd, and I came up with something I felt was worth sharing. Basically, I wanted to eliminate the bulky globe graphic and replace the redundant 'favorites/push pages' with actual links to other internet applications since we have 'All Bookmarks' right there anyways. The result looks like this:

The search field and 'Launch Browser' link are both functional, as of coruse are the links added below. I have zipped up a few different 'flavors' of this Manila file for anyone who might not want to do manual edits themselves. The fewer items/icons, the faster the tab loads, and that is why 'Basic' has only 4 items. If anyone is just itching for a custom version of this and is not comfortable editing the file themselves, let me know I could probably make up a few more. If anyone finds any bad links in any of these definitely let me know -- I am pretty sure I got them all where they should be. Enjoy!

I have also created a set after getting some feedback which shows a Mid-Sized Opera icon above 'Launch Browser' instead of the link to Opera below. If you like the version below better, you can download the cab called "Modified Internet Tab for EnergyROM Mercury and Aurora Plus Big Opera Icon - All Three Styles" instead. There will be no padding above the Opera icon unless I point to a different icon (with padding) than the nice cooked-in one:

Instructions: Unzip the version of the Manila file you choose to \WINDOWS\ and overwrite existing file if asked.

***All zip files have an extra folder within them containing a version with 'favorites/push pages' still enabled below the operator links.

***These Manila files all point to shortcuts and icons that exist on the Mercury and Aurora builds of EnergyROM 'Standard' or 'Standard RD' at the time they were compiled -- they will likely be problematic on other ROMs, including the 'Old Manila' EnergyROM, which they
were NOT designed for, so use at your own discretion.
Very nice. Mind if I cook the loaded version in the rom ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevey5036 View Post
bummer that the alternate mirrors are down.. I literally JUST finished installing the July 29th release and I see that there is a new one already!

Would you consider changing from rapidshare to megaupload? MU doesnt have the ridiculous restrictions that RS does. Cannot wait to try out the new release!
Rapidshare it easiest to me. Megaupload is always full of ads...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dare333 View Post
Hey, sorry if this has been covered earlier (I searched and couldn't find anything ) just reporting that the FM radio doesn't seem to be working. It did work in Juicy ROM 8 that I tried before this ROM. Is this because it's 6.5? Overall, awesome ROM. The only thing I installed was SU2U so I didn't have any troubles with accidentally hitting the power button.

Thank you in advance.
Sounds like you're running my Diamond ROM. I dont include the FM radio in this ROM becaus it's a well known fact it doesnt' work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernonlbrown View Post
This is an awesome ROM. I have stayed away from 6.5 because I didn't like the overall feel or look of it but I decide to flash the EnergyROM series and I like the setup and feel of this. This ROM suits me better than the rest.

Good work on the ROM!!!

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR
Old 08-02-2009, 08:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

thestick00 is keeping up the good workthestick00 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to thestick00

Hey guys,
Thanks for making such a great rom. I had one concern as it was an issue I faced with earlier roms. Does this rom allow data roaming allow. The only reason I ask is that I am a HEAVY data plan user (roaming costs not being an issue). I cannot afford to lose data just because I am roaming. I did a search in the forum and I think I saw a fix that is roaming only (doesnt really help). Was this included NRG? Is there a workaround I can use. Thanks again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro