PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Aurora' (23016) ** || Built August 1st ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat boy View Post
askwhy,
Thanks a lot! I will install the standard. Is there anyway to delete items we don't want, how?
You bet -- the file is real easy to edit (and yes about the png files going into windows, I put that instruction in the original thread too) -- it's basically a text file with no extension containing some pretty straightforward XML. Open it with notepad, and in the 'Operator Links' section, just remove any links you do not want by deleting complete entries such as:

Quote:
<Link
Text="YouTube"
Executable="\windows\youtube.exe"
ImagePath="\Windows\startyoutube.png" />
Save the file again without an extension. The copies I provided should not be read-only, but the original is, so you may need to change that if modifying the original before you can save your changes.

The version I am using myself is the Standard Fast, Big Opera, Loaded without Favorites. NRGZ suggested possibly using the original 'loaded' build in the next ROM, and since they are now updated I would suggest as a faster equivalent maybe using the Standard Fast, Big Opera, Loaded with Favorites as a good base for a general release. What does everyone think?
Old 08-03-2009, 04:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamynzNPearlz View Post
Thanks for the reply...im looking specifically for July 14th & 22th. I like to keep a copy of the ROM's on my PC and I noticed I didn't have those two anymore.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KZ2BWCV7
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

Quote:
I would suggest as a faster equivalent maybe using the Standard Fast, Big Opera, Loaded with Favorites as a good base for a general release. What does everyone think?
This is exactly what I installed....I just want remove beejiveIM and I would like to add others. Would adding other links be the same process? The file you are referring to is that the manila file?

Edit: yep I can see thats it.

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Sept 20| 21916| Sense 2.5|Cookie 2.0-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
EDC: htc TP2, Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible NASB, Leatherman Squirt

Last edited by fat boy; 08-03-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:42 PM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by askwhy View Post
Alright -- I think I have it sorted out to my *momentary* satisfaction. I don't want to spam up the thread with lots of dupe images and so on, so if you want to check out the updated Modified Internet Tab for EnergyROM, hit the link. I will tell you what I have done though:

There really aren't any new images to post anyways -- the new Standard Fast looks the same as the Standard Original unless you get your eyeballs up close and personal with your phone menu, and the Naked package isn't pretty enough to take a screenshot of anyways. I might add in that pic of the Opera Only sometime though -- for now I figure people who want that will identify it without any trouble.

Let me know if I missed anything, and also what can be improved down the road...

Please, Enjoy!
Sweet...

Now...what the hell is WiFi Monster???
Old 08-03-2009, 04:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

dman9821 is just getting started

this may just be taking up space and what not, but I think NRGZ28 should know
I'm an.......

Energy Rom Addictttttt

Roms I've Used:
-Mighty Rom (4 and 5)
-Psyki
-SsS
-Demolition
-Viva La Revolution

Currently Running:
Energy Rom 'Photon'

Old 08-03-2009, 04:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Hero - Fresh ROM

flipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by askwhy View Post
Alright -- I think I have it sorted out to my *momentary* satisfaction. I don't want to spam up the thread with lots of dupe images and so on, so if you want to check out the updated Modified Internet Tab for EnergyROM, hit the link. I will tell you what I have done though:

There really aren't any new images to post anyways -- the new Standard Fast looks the same as the Standard Original unless you get your eyeballs up close and personal with your phone menu, and the Naked package isn't pretty enough to take a screenshot of anyways. I might add in that pic of the Opera Only sometime though -- for now I figure people who want that will identify it without any trouble.

Let me know if I missed anything, and also what can be improved down the road...

Please, Enjoy!
I'm a little confused by your zips. I grabbed Modified Internet Tab for EnergyROM Aurora - Standard Fast.zip because that is the one I wanted. The description is Standard Fast: Most will want this package. Includes lightweight icon set. Looks good. FAST. Inside of there was nothing but all of the png files. There was no xml. I had to download Modified Internet Tab for EnergyROM Aurora - Naked.zip which then had inside of it the xml files for basic, loaded, and loaded plus. Wouldn't it make sense to put the xml file for each package in to that packages zip? It's working fine and looks great! But I can see people get lost in the download/install process.

Thanks again.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tp Custom/BB Tour5.0.230
Carrier: Sprint ;>(

sprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to sprintnerd

Sweet Rom I've been running it for sometime know and its fast, well keep up the good work.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Alltel)
Carrier: Alltel

floatingpi is a n00b

Well got the music tab working, was indeed something on my side. My fix was I had WMP add that music to its library then use it to copy it over. I assume that there was something strange in my MP3s info that was causing TF3D issues. Before I was having my PS3 copy it to the phone, which this rom (and others) don't like. Just WMP you might not like it but it works...
Old 08-03-2009, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

dman9821 is just getting started
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Mercury' (23009) ** || Built July 29th ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
There's a better way than that...

Install this cab. I install it with every rom no matter what.Attachment 38729

what I did was re-install the pimp package, then since it has S2U2 on it i went into S2U2 settings and went into "Phone" then changed the Slide to Answer function to be set as "Always" and then Slide to End funtion to be "On" and it works fine now
Old 08-03-2009, 05:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipzmode View Post
I'm a little confused by your zips. I grabbed Modified Internet Tab for EnergyROM Aurora - Standard Fast.zip because that is the one I wanted. The description is Standard Fast: Most will want this package. Includes lightweight icon set. Looks good. FAST. Inside of there was nothing but all of the png files. There was no xml. I had to download Modified Internet Tab for EnergyROM Aurora - Naked.zip which then had inside of it the xml files for basic, loaded, and loaded plus. Wouldn't it make sense to put the xml file for each package in to that packages zip? It's working fine and looks great! But I can see people get lost in the download/install process.

Thanks again.

The files are all there, where they should be, although I know it's a little confusing. Basically you have to mine the folders within the zip to locate whichever style/version/faves you want. It's always the same file name you are looking for, 27c65cdb_manila no matter which you like. From Standard Fast you need to pick between 'Big Opera' or 'Opera as Link' style folders, then between version folders, then it's one more folder in if you want it with favorites enabled. Since there are just so many variations, and it's always the same exact file name, I haven't thought of a better way to organize it yet. Any ideas?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro