PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Aurora' (23016) ** || Built August 1st ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by neopc10 View Post
hey folks, I've got the herman aug 01 rom working great, but I've been unhappy with the clock. I've done quite a bit of digging on ppcgeeks and xda developers but for the life of me cannot figure out to find a white clock that looks like the one on fuze. does anybody have a nice standalone cab or some means of getting this working on the rom?
cheers!

This White Clock cab (found in another thread) will do what you want without changing anything else about the 8/01 ROM. I am running it right now on 'Standard'.

EDIT: Just noticed you said Fuze specifically, so, I gotta to ask you if this is actually the one you meant or not?

Last edited by askwhy; 08-02-2009 at 04:53 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: raphael
Carrier: verizon

neopc10 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by askwhy View Post
This White Clock cab (found in another thread) will do what you want without changing anything else about the 8/01 ROM. I am running it right now on 'Standard'.

EDIT: Just noticed you said Fuze specifically, so, I gotta to ask you if this is actually the one you meant or not?
Nope. You hit the nail on the head. Thanks!
Old 08-02-2009, 05:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dai_shan is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cenatix View Post
I haven't seen this posted but is anyone else having an issue with the email app popping up every time it connects?

I have had this issue on all previous versions but haven't seen anyone mention about this problem.
I've this problem too. I've posted about this before also (its probably a good 150+ pages back by now), but sofar no love. Me thinks its a wm6.5 thing, because all ROMS i've tried recently do the same thing.

The only workaround I've found that seems to work is the wm6.5 lockscreen. When its locked, outlook doesnt pop up. However, I've also tried S2U2, lockmelite, and PS, but they don't prevent the pop up. Once you unlock, you're always greeted by outlook (gets annoying after awhile).
Old 08-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!

pastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I've been reading great things about the ROM and would like to know if anyone has/is running this and has/is running the SsS ROM now? How would you compare the two? Battery life is something that's important to me.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:22 PM
GeoffM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Got the ROM thanks for the Link > I've tryed others but always always come back to the best me
Old 08-02-2009, 05:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

p2k7 is a n00b

The new build is running amazing having no problems. I was wondering how do I change the font size for the icons in the start menu? I've tried Adv. Config and changing the font size for icon titles but it never changes, thanks once again for this masterpiece!
Old 08-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastert33 View Post
I've been reading great things about the ROM and would like to know if anyone has/is running this and has/is running the SsS ROM now? How would you compare the two? Battery life is something that's important to me.

I like Deck's SsS work very much -- I was using it before I discovered that EnergyROM default setup and application offerings were a better 'fit' for my own personal tastes, and I still follow Deck's work (at least from the sidelines).

Battery life is always a touchy subject, but I am one of many who would tell you that there is nothing wrong with battery life on EnergyROM, and all the usual tweaks and good battery practices that apply to any 6.5 ROM will yield similar improvements here.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:36 PM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by askwhy View Post
I have been playing around with my favorite Manila file, 27c65cbd, and I came up with something I felt was worth sharing. Basically, I wanted to eliminate the bulky globe graphic and replace the redundant 'favorites/push pages' with actual links to other internet applications since we have 'All Bookmarks' right there anyways. The result looks like this:

The search field and 'Launch Browser' link are both functional, as of coruse are the links added below. I have zipped up a few different 'flavors' of this Manila file for anyone who might not want to do manual edits themselves. The fewer items/icons, the faster the tab loads, and that is why 'Basic' has only 4 items. If anyone is just itching for a custom version of this and is not comfortable editing the file themselves, let me know I could probably make up a few more. If anyone finds any bad links in any of these definitely let me know -- I am pretty sure I got them all where they should be. Enjoy!

Instructions: Unzip the version of the Manila file you choose to \WINDOWS\ and overwrite existing file if asked.

***All zip files have an extra folder within them containing a version with 'favorites/push pages' still enabled below the operator links.

***These Manila files all point to shortcuts and icons that exist on the Mercury and Aurora builds of EnergyROM 'Standard' or 'Standard RD' at the time they were compiled -- they will likely be problematic on other ROMs, including the 'Old Manila' EnergyROM, which they were NOT designed for, so use at your own discretion.
wow this is nice, but dont launch browser and opera do the same thing?

i would like basic one that does this if possbile: eliminate Launch browser or change it to Launch Opera and eliminate opera; a push page link to CMDA TP Forum; IE LINK; WIFI Sharing

Old 08-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezn View Post
Just the dial screen goes blank or does your whole screen go blank?
The whole screen goes blank as if it was turned off. I'm using the standard rom version with phoneskin enabled...
Old 08-02-2009, 05:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
wow this is nice, but dont launch browser and opera do the same thing?

i would like basic one that does this if possbile: eliminate Launch browser or change it to Launch Opera and eliminate opera; a push page link to CMDA TP Forum; IE LINK; WIFI Sharing
To your first question - Yes, with no further changes they do the same thing, but I wonder if changing the default browser will also carry over to the HTC-made 'Launch Browser' link -- I haven't tried that (yet?).

Eliminating 'Launch Browser' is no problem, but it causes one. If the reference to the file that includes the 'Launch Browser' link is removed, the search box will not seem to allow you to type anything into it -- they seem to be related. I did originally remove it, but restored it after some testing. There might be another way to make it disappear without impacting the search bar, but I haven't explored that (yet?).

The actual favorites (potential push-pages) will show below any 'operator links' which is where you can easily add shortcuts as I have done. The information for those (ie: weblinks) is not stored in same Manila file, so I don't know off the top of my head how to *properly* store the link to this site in the file, but I suppose I could bundle in a shortcut (lnk) that calls the page and link to that in the Manila file. Still interested?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro