View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 05:46 PM
askwhy
Regular 'Geeker

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Aurora' (23016) ** || Built August 1st ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
wow this is nice, but dont launch browser and opera do the same thing?

i would like basic one that does this if possbile: eliminate Launch browser or change it to Launch Opera and eliminate opera; a push page link to CMDA TP Forum; IE LINK; WIFI Sharing
To your first question - Yes, with no further changes they do the same thing, but I wonder if changing the default browser will also carry over to the HTC-made 'Launch Browser' link -- I haven't tried that (yet?).

Eliminating 'Launch Browser' is no problem, but it causes one. If the reference to the file that includes the 'Launch Browser' link is removed, the search box will not seem to allow you to type anything into it -- they seem to be related. I did originally remove it, but restored it after some testing. There might be another way to make it disappear without impacting the search bar, but I haven't explored that (yet?).

The actual favorites (potential push-pages) will show below any 'operator links' which is where you can easily add shortcuts as I have done. The information for those (ie: weblinks) is not stored in same Manila file, so I don't know off the top of my head how to *properly* store the link to this site in the file, but I suppose I could bundle in a shortcut (lnk) that calls the page and link to that in the Manila file. Still interested?