PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2009, 09:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com [Windows Phone® 6.5] [Final]

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycage View Post
Hey guys,

Nice to see all this activity on flashing MightyRom. Thanks to mightymike for all the hard work.

I was considering flashing my HTC Touch Pro from Bell to MightyRom6 but I have never done it before so I have a few questions:

1) Is there a way I can backup my current rom EXACTLY as is (shipped version)? In case I want to go back? (an easy way)

2) I have heard there is shipped rom versions and stock rom versions, whats the difference?

3) What are the most improved benefits of flashing a new rom for this specific phone from the Bell shipped rom?

I look forward to getting right into this flashing with a little bit of help from this great community.

BTW, I have still not been able to find a Bell HTC Touch Pro shipped rom
welcome to ppcgeeks
1. there is no stock shipped rom available for Bell, but there is a stock rom dump that you can flash and it will return your rom back to stock. available here
2. stock shipped roms are the OS (operating system), radio, PRI, PRL and boot splash. stock rom dumps are just the OS. custom roms are just the OS.
3. biggest thing is getting windows mobile 6.5 that includes the titanium interface. you can google to see what it looks like. Also, all updated programs and much more stuff added by the rom maker. and tweaks to make it run faster and just better overall. You can look at the first couple posts in each of the threads in this upgrade section to see what the rom looks like and see what was added.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

crazycage is just getting started
Red face Re: MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com [Windows Phone® 6.5] [Final]

Thanks for your answers razorloves

So if I had to return my phone for some reason I would be missing the Bell UI that comes with it and the Bell Boot screen? Is there a way to load these items separately back into the phone after reflashing back to stock?

I am worried that they will know it has been flashed because I cannot even uninstall the Bell UI and Boot screen through "remove programs" and hence my warranty will be ruined would it not?

As for flashing, what if I get a boot loop cycle I have read about? Or what if I brick the phone, is there any safe guards that will prevent these problems? is it still possible to fix the phone if that happens?

Sorry, I'm a bit paranoid because I just signed a new deal on this phone and I dont' want to throw money out the window and apparently you can't get this phone here anymore.

Thanks for your help so far.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:50 AM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Thanks for your answers razorloves

So if I had to return my phone for some reason I would be missing the Bell UI that comes with it and the Bell Boot screen? Is there a way to load these items separately back into the phone after reflashing back to stock?

I am worried that they will know it has been flashed because I cannot even uninstall the Bell UI and Boot screen through "remove programs" and hence my warranty will be ruined would it not?

As for flashing, what if I get a boot loop cycle I have read about? Or what if I brick the phone, is there any safe guards that will prevent these problems? is it still possible to fix the phone if that happens?

Sorry, I'm a bit paranoid because I just signed a new deal on this phone and I dont' want to throw money out the window and apparently you can't get this phone here anymore.

Thanks for your help so far.
you're welcome. anytime.

mightymike's rom does not change the boot splash, nor do 99% of all the other custom roms out there. when you flash the stock rom dump, the bell UI is included. so if you had to return it, you would just flash the stock rom dump and relock it, and it will be just like you got it brand new.

you only get the boot loop cycle when unlocking or relocking via microSD card, so just don't do it that way. do it via computer here. if you were to get the bootloop cycle when you unlock, then you would just have to flash any custom rom to fix it. if you get it when relocking, then you would have to learn how to use mtty to force ur phone to boot.

i totally understand your caution. i was the same way at first. but after you do it, you will be surprised how simple it is.

Last edited by razorloves; 10-15-2009 at 09:56 AM.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Talking Re: MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com [Windows Phone® 6.5] [Final]

Pheww! I feel sooo much better now heheh thanks Razor

I'm gonna try flashing soon. It doesn't take long does it?

Before I do that I have to backup my emails and text messages. What do you recommend for software that does this?

I have also heard about people complaining the in call volume is too low and I find it a bit low too, as well as the ext speakerphone.. its brutal, i've never heard so pathetic of a speaker. Does mightyrom fix any of these issues?

One last question I can think of... what about the radio? Will the rom touch that or will it stay the same? My data connection will work right away as well?

Thanks again. You're the best!
Old 10-15-2009, 10:33 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Pheww! I feel sooo much better now heheh thanks Razor

I'm gonna try flashing soon. It doesn't take long does it?

Before I do that I have to backup my emails and text messages. What do you recommend for software that does this?

I have also heard about people complaining the in call volume is too low and I find it a bit low too, as well as the ext speakerphone.. its brutal, i've never heard so pathetic of a speaker. Does mightyrom fix any of these issues?

One last question I can think of... what about the radio? Will the rom touch that or will it stay the same? My data connection will work right away as well?

Thanks again. You're the best!
takes about 5 minutes to flash a rom.
i recommend Microsoft My Phone for backup. here
i don't think MR helps volume. see here
custom roms do not change the radio. it won't touch your bell radio.
your data will work right away.

if you haven't read it yet, there's some good info and FAQ's on the first page of this thread.

glad i could help you out.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Thumbs up Re: MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com [Windows Phone® 6.5] [Final]

Perfect!

Thanks man. I'm gonna try flashing soon and I'll let you know how it goes

Wish me luck. I will follow those video tutorials so I can't mess it up lol.

This will be my new home for a while as I progress into the flashing world hehe.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

RAZOR!!

This MyPhone service is AMAZING!! Now I don't even have to use activesync anymore! SWEET!! My life is getting more exciting by the minute loll

Muchos Thanks!
Old 10-15-2009, 11:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

Lordaries is a n00b

I flashed to MR6.5 a while ago... but just ran into something.

I can't send MMS or Picture messages. It doesn't give me the option to even try... I might be missing it however.

So... what is the deal with sending MMS or picture messages?

Also since I installed it, I experience pretty common freezing up when trying to exit the text message screens by clicking the X in the top right. It often is frozen to the point of needing to do a soft reset. Is there a reason for this, or a fix?

Last edited by Lordaries; 10-15-2009 at 11:06 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:54 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordaries View Post
I flashed to MR6.5 a while ago... but just ran into something.

I can't send MMS or Picture messages. It doesn't give me the option to even try... I might be missing it however.

So... what is the deal with sending MMS or picture messages?

Also since I installed it, I experience pretty common freezing up when trying to exit the text message screens by clicking the X in the top right. It often is frozen to the point of needing to do a soft reset. Is there a reason for this, or a fix?
you have to install the alltel arcsoft cab in post #5 of this thread.

text message freezing has been mentioned in here several times. might be related to having a lot of text. maybe try cleaning them out. other than that, i don't think there is a fix for it.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:57 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
RAZOR!!

This MyPhone service is AMAZING!! Now I don't even have to use activesync anymore! SWEET!! My life is getting more exciting by the minute loll

Muchos Thanks!
yea man...when i learned microsoft made that program and tried it for the first time, i was excited too. haven't used activesync once since then.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development