PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 10:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2
Carrier: Verizon

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: MightyROM6 Not quite 6.5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxnix View Post
I believe previously Mike mentioned there is still a lot of the 6.1 ROM in MR6. When installing Mobile Office 2010 it noted that MR6 was not fully a 6.5 version. While Office 2010 works anyway, but I wonder if Mike will come back one more time (pretty pretty please!) and give us a complete 6.5 version? Surely it would just involve updating the older modules?

It would be the final update for this phone which is still a winner, especially for its size.

TP2 still not doing it for me at Sprint's prices, but EVO 4G might.
The TP2 has been a pleasure overall... but the EVO looks amazing. I just refused to ever buy a phone without a hardware keyboard, my own personal preference.
August 12th... Droid-2! Still undecided; but leaning toward purchasing, as a phone to "tide" me over (according to great advice from ckeegan) until truly remarkable devices are released from Verizon fully operation on 4G networks in 2012!
Old 05-22-2010, 01:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: alltel

gators1576 is a n00b
Re: MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com [Windows Phone® 6.5] [Final]

my tp was running mighty 4 for 3 weeks started turning off data on its own now it says username or password invalid ( i have 4 tp's on mighty checked my wifes user n pass are blank ) flashed to mighty 6 still turns data off and says same thing
Old 05-27-2010, 10:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

True_Blue is a n00b

How can I restore the option to choose what I want my phone to do when I connect it to my computer? I use to have the option to use activesync, file transfer or use phone as a modem. I inadvertently selected the option to use the selected connection type always, now every time I connect my phone to the computer it starts the Internet Sharing application. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Blue View Post
How can I restore the option to choose what I want my phone to do when I connect it to my computer? I use to have the option to use activesync, file transfer or use phone as a modem. I inadvertently selected the option to use the selected connection type always, now every time I connect my phone to the computer it starts the Internet Sharing application. Thanks in advance for your help.
Start-Settings-Connections-Usb to PC
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:30 PM
Lurker

True_Blue is a n00b

Thanks razorloves for getting back so quickly, I found that setting right after posting my question. It looks like it should be set correctly, there is a check next to "Ask me first about USB connection type when I connect the device to the PC".
I only have two radio buttons under the "USB to PC" settings screen, ActiveSync (not selected) and "Disk Drive" (selected). There doesn't seem to be any settings for Internet Sharing. Any more ideas? Thanks.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:08 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Thanks razorloves for getting back so quickly, I found that setting right after posting my question. It looks like it should be set correctly, there is a check next to "Ask me first about USB connection type when I connect the device to the PC".
I only have two radio buttons under the "USB to PC" settings screen, ActiveSync (not selected) and "Disk Drive" (selected). There doesn't seem to be any settings for Internet Sharing. Any more ideas? Thanks.
soft reset phone if you haven't, and see if problem still there. the third option doesn't show on that screen. uncheck the "ask me first" and (select) Activesync, then hit ok and plug into computer. it should automatically attempt to activesync. does it? then unplug from computer and go into that setting and check the box for "ask me first" and hit ok and plug into computer. did that work?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:12 AM
Lurker

True_Blue is a n00b

I performed a soft reset a few times already. No luck with the soft reset. Good idea unchecking the "ask me first..." and selecting Activesync instead of disk drive...unfortunately when connecting my phone back to my computer it launches the internet sharing application still (without launching activesync). After making this change and testing it I performed another soft reset, still no go, I verified that the setting stayed to what I changed them to, they did. Any other ideas other than a hard reset? Thanks very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
soft reset phone if you haven't, and see if problem still there. the third option doesn't show on that screen. uncheck the "ask me first" and (select) Activesync, then hit ok and plug into computer. it should automatically attempt to activesync. does it? then unplug from computer and go into that setting and check the box for "ask me first" and hit ok and plug into computer. did that work?
Old 05-28-2010, 09:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

jdmm72 is a n00b

I cannot download mightyrom from lilrico's website. Is it still being supplied?
Old 05-28-2010, 09:54 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
I performed a soft reset a few times already. No luck with the soft reset. Good idea unchecking the "ask me first..." and selecting Activesync instead of disk drive...unfortunately when connecting my phone back to my computer it launches the internet sharing application still (without launching activesync). After making this change and testing it I performed another soft reset, still no go, I verified that the setting stayed to what I changed them to, they did. Any other ideas other than a hard reset? Thanks very much.
sounds like you installed something that broke the usb to pc menu. there is a cab floating around called usbtopc... that you can try to see if it fixes your problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmm72 View Post
I cannot download mightyrom from lilrico's website. Is it still being supplied?
i posted a working link on previous page
Old 06-04-2010, 06:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VX6900

chunnel is just getting started

Does anyone know whether or not Verizon can determine that a phone is tethered without their consent? I have heard that they could and that they could bill for the amount used.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development