View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 09:20 AM
razorloves
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com [Windows Phone® 6.5] [Final]

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycage View Post
Hey guys,

Nice to see all this activity on flashing MightyRom. Thanks to mightymike for all the hard work.

I was considering flashing my HTC Touch Pro from Bell to MightyRom6 but I have never done it before so I have a few questions:

1) Is there a way I can backup my current rom EXACTLY as is (shipped version)? In case I want to go back? (an easy way)

2) I have heard there is shipped rom versions and stock rom versions, whats the difference?

3) What are the most improved benefits of flashing a new rom for this specific phone from the Bell shipped rom?

I look forward to getting right into this flashing with a little bit of help from this great community.

BTW, I have still not been able to find a Bell HTC Touch Pro shipped rom
welcome to ppcgeeks
1. there is no stock shipped rom available for Bell, but there is a stock rom dump that you can flash and it will return your rom back to stock. available here
2. stock shipped roms are the OS (operating system), radio, PRI, PRL and boot splash. stock rom dumps are just the OS. custom roms are just the OS.
3. biggest thing is getting windows mobile 6.5 that includes the titanium interface. you can google to see what it looks like. Also, all updated programs and much more stuff added by the rom maker. and tweaks to make it run faster and just better overall. You can look at the first couple posts in each of the threads in this upgrade section to see what the rom looks like and see what was added.