PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2010, 11:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] MikROM 1.0 (7/24) added MikROM Froyo (07/31)

added a Froyo rom so you guys can have a little more to play with.
here is what u need to do to get it working right:

1st
reboot into recovery and wipe data/cache/davlik and flash the rom
MikROM_Froyo
when u see the home screen reboot into recovery
2nd
flash the radio update and reboot
Radio-2.15.00.07.28
again... when u see the home screen reboot into recovery
3rd
flash the Wimax update and reboot
Wimax26023

and that should do it.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 > Mogul > TP > TP2 > Ego 4G > Evo3D > Evo-ltE

PhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuff

hey amikam just thought id share theres a MAJOR Lag on the froyo rom when going from landscape to portrait

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
when i show my EVO to iphone users they go wow loook at the big screen
then i go watch this..
i can hold my phone anyway a want and calls dont drop..
Old 08-01-2010, 02:15 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyscoAssassinx View Post
hey amikam just thought id share theres a MAJOR Lag on the froyo rom when going from landscape to portrait
mmm, im not noticing anything... since froyo came out i've tried all different versions of it and none really had that issue.

in what screen is that happening to u?

and i have to ask if u wiped or not since any and everybody who had issues didnt wipe or at least didnt also wipe davlik.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 > Mogul > TP > TP2 > Ego 4G > Evo3D > Evo-ltE

PhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
mmm, im not noticing anything... since froyo came out i've tried all different versions of it and none really had that issue.

in what screen is that happening to u?

and i have to ask if u wiped or not since any and everybody who had issues didnt wipe or at least didnt also wipe davlik.
yea i wiped everything, it happen to me while in the market and the text screen but ive notice it only happens when i have it plugged in to my pc via usb
Old 08-02-2010, 03:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

parousia15 is keeping up the good workparousia15 is keeping up the good work

I really liked your detox ROM. I like that you had both a theme and FPS fix cooked in, everything runs smooth when done that way versus flashing each separately.

I was wondering if you had any plans for the 2.2 ROM? Just a request, manup has a sharp looking 2.2 theme and netarchy release his 2.2 fps fix.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=736487
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=719763

Only downside with the FPS is that the camera is 3mp versus 8mp. But the camcorder still does 720p
Old 08-02-2010, 03:38 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by parousia15 View Post
I really liked your detox ROM. I like that you had both a theme and FPS fix cooked in, everything runs smooth when done that way versus flashing each separately.

I was wondering if you had any plans for the 2.2 ROM? Just a request, manup has a sharp looking 2.2 theme and netarchy release his 2.2 fps fix.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=736487
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=719763

Only downside with the FPS is that the camera is 3mp versus 8mp. But the camcorder still does 720p
yes... im already working on it.
im thinking about putting it out in the form of a nand backup.
that way u will get exactly what i have on my phone (minus the personal data) and there is no way that if i got everything working u wont.

i tried before that theme... im not a fan... too simple if u ask me, and even a little too dark.
i did manage to port almost all of the detox theme... but ill wait for him to finish the job cuz im not so familiar with the xml's formats.

anyways... ill put up may nand version in a sec... and a zip a little after.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:15 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ok guys...had issues... anyways not too much time to update this week... but next week for sure.

anyways... if anyone have any issues with wifi tether....do this:
use the file explorer to erase the wifi_tether_2.02.apk from /system/app
then flash netarchy new kernel found Here
then install the attached wifi tether version i have up here.

that would get u the fastest evo beast and wifi tether working.

sorry for not having time...
Attached Files
File Type: apk wireless_tether_2_0_5-pre4.apk (349.2 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by amikam; 08-02-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g/bb 8310
Carrier: sprint/att

skoobz is becoming a great contributor

has anyone had trouble connecting to their wifi router? mine does, it'll say connecting and then it will stop, search, find the ssid and then try and reconnect and loops over. it's a wifi g router if that makes any difference. I've reflashed and reset the router but it doesn't seem to work. i also tried flashing the wifi fix but when i do, i can't even turn on the wifi, it says wifi error, so i guess it's for the 2.1, not 2.2 rom.

has anyone found a fix or is this somehow isolated on my device?
Old 08-03-2010, 10:42 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoobz View Post
has anyone had trouble connecting to their wifi router? mine does, it'll say connecting and then it will stop, search, find the ssid and then try and reconnect and loops over. it's a wifi g router if that makes any difference. I've reflashed and reset the router but it doesn't seem to work. i also tried flashing the wifi fix but when i do, i can't even turn on the wifi, it says wifi error, so i guess it's for the 2.1, not 2.2 rom.

has anyone found a fix or is this somehow isolated on my device?
if u talking about the 2.1 rom... there is a fix on the fist post... if u talking about 2.2... u r probably the only one with that issue...
anyways.. i would recommend to switch to one of the new roms with the official update for now.

i will update my rom next week due to lack of time this week.

this time when ill update ill make sure to do some skinning my slef cuz ill have a little time to do so... ill probably perfect the detox theme since it has always missed some things.
and if i have more time ill probably create a theme in the same style as my old diamond roms theme.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g/bb 8310
Carrier: sprint/att

skoobz is becoming a great contributor
Talking Re: [ROM] MikROM 1.0 (7/24) added MikROM Froyo (07/31)

dammit man, how the hell am i supposed to use your rom if i can't use all the core features? it's the only rom i've been using since i got my evo, i don't care for qik, tweet, nascar and the other usual crap that's why i've been using yours and i was hoping to drink from the 2.2 koolaid.

i guess i can bear with the 3g speeds...so hurry up and kick out a new 2.2 rom!!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development