PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 05:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[ROM] - [11/14/2010] - MikFroYo v3.2 - [ FRG83 | 3.30.651.3 ] - FoSchnitzel

OK... so after a lot of work and experimentations i finally got my device to look the way i want it to.

Since there has been so much changed from my last versions i decided to freshen up the thread a little bit.

Thanks goes out to all the devs for any android device out there.
Special thanks to Stalebread (custom animations), Calkulin (FRG83 port | usb tether hack/MMS fix), Burst (apktool), Konikub (detox theme), Kingclick (Kernel), Jesusfreke (smali/baksmali), Myn (sprint hotspot hack), dsixda (Kitchen), JsChiSurf (Power control widgets mod), all the beta testers (wmdunn, tonwarr.the.incredible, protoadies), and many many more.

Special thanks to wrx4me for his great work on the BootAnimation.

OK... this rom is fully themed... close to nothing was left untouched.
Custom animations that was originally created by stalebread and modified by me.
About 90% percent of the theme is originally my own creation (besides the icons from konikub detox theme).
i did a lot of work to tweak the system inside the xml's and a couple of jar files which also lead me to the best news.... no more of the famous purplish gray that htc loves so much but probably most of us hate (all is now black, white, or my personal images).

This rom has everything that the stock rom has minus the sprint apps and the htc lockscreen, and plus a few additions. (see changelog)

All the packages have been zipaligned and all images/apks have been optimized using PNGOUT and Optipng for maximum optimizations.

Please note that a full wipe is needed if coming from a different rom.

----------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Change Log
October 25th:

* Theme is 99.99999% done
* Deodexed rom
* KiNgxKernel CFS #11
* Sprint Hotspot works (removed wireless tether app)
* Jit is enabled by default
* All apps are up to date

+ Reboot menu options
+ HTC_IME_mode (instead of the original keyboard)
+ Zipalign script on startup
+ Fix_Permission script on startup
+ Dalvik moved to Cache partition on startup
+ Pandora
+ DSP manager that works
+ SpareParts
+ EStrongs File Explorer
+ AdFree (hosts file and an app to update it)
+ Facebook
+ BusyBox 1.17.2
+ rwsystem/rosystem to mount and remount system quickly using any file explorer
+ Cache Cleaner
+ Adobe Reader
+ Android DeskClock
+ GM
+ Updated YouTube
+ RomManager
+ Autorun Killer
+ SetCPU profiles

- USB Debug notification icon
- Adb debugging notification sound

* More will be added later...

October 29th:

* Updated all to 3.30 OTA
* Tweaked the new jar files with the needed tweaks (USB Tether, no Adb notification icon, Transparent taskbar dropdown, etc.)
* Updated to KiNgxKernel BFS #11 (OC all the way up is stable!)
* Updated SetCPU profiles
* Updated GoogleMaps
* Incorporated the Fix for downloading HTC widgets
* HtcLockScreen by default
* Minor fixes to the theme
* Hepatic feedback on by default
* Minor speed tweaks

+ 3D Gallery
+ Removed app on sdcard
+ My port of Hot Restart to boot menu
+ My White HtcLockScreen
+ Speed

- Boot scripts (fix_permissions)
- Bugs

November 14th:

* Updated necessary files to 3.30.651.3
* Deflated a few apk's to improve speed and stability
* Rebuilt Htc and Android resources files
* Updated to BusyBox 1.17.3
* Merged JsChiSurf power control widgets mod into the newer framework files from .3
* Rosie App Drawer 5 rows by default
* Minor fixes to the theme
* A couple of speed tweaks
* Updated Market
* Updated VVM
* Updated RomManager
* Updated ClearCache
* Updated SetCPU profiles
* Updated Flash
* Updated AutoRun Killer
* Remixed Animations (mixed it into Htc framework also, and some of them i made)
* Browser now has the option for 16 open windows instead of 4
* King BFS#11

+ Power widget mod
+ Htc Animated Clock
+ New Boot Animation
+ Older YouTube Ver.
+ XDA SuperPower app (had been taken out by the dev request, find it in the market)
+ New MikFroYo BootAnimation (made by me and wrx4me)

- EStrongs File Explorer (i never used it and u guys can d/l from the market what u like)
- Market Facebook app (Try to find an app called Social... much better)
- New YouTube app

* Probably more things that im forgetting, but will add later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------

.: Downloads :.

MediaFire
HotFile
Multiupload
----------------------------

------------------------------

Feel free to comment and make suggestions about the theme because i always like to hear new ideas.
As always... know that I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils

Last edited by amikam; 11-16-2010 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Update
This post has been thanked 14 times.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:03 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: MikROM (Hebrew enabled)

any screen shots please !@
Old 06-08-2010, 06:09 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporkman View Post
any screen shots please !@
why would u need screen shots... its all the same..
nothing is skinned yet besides the startup animation which is basically the regular "htc quietly brilliant" animation.

the main purpose of this rom is to add a diff language capabilities, and clear out a few apps... there is not really a diff between omj's one and mine besides an app or two and the Hebrew enabled fonts.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

geeserver is becoming a great contributor

Did you post your rom @ XDA? That site is GLOBAL. =)
Old 06-08-2010, 06:39 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeserver View Post
yeah but the evo is only in the US...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC® Touch Pro™ 2 /// HTC® Evo™ 4G
Carrier: Sprint®

austintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuff
Cool Re: MikROM (Hebrew enabled)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeserver View Post
Where in Phoenix are you located? I was just there for the whole last weekend to support SB 1070! I stayed at the Double Tree hotel.
"Observation of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement on Supraquantum Structures By Induction through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal of Extremely Long Wavelength (ELW) Pulse from Mode-Locked Source Array." - from Half Life 1
Old 06-08-2010, 06:45 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

very true guys... i should...
xda would probably have a better turn up for this...
as far as i know it is only US... but it doesn't change the fact that some people might need it.
just as an FYI... it doesn't change anything for English users... it would be just like omj's rom only a tiny bit diff.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:56 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

Niice, reserved for later. Keep it up bro.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:12 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community
Re: MikROM updated (stock rom with uninstallable apps)

Quick question, not sure if this is obvious or not...

You said w/ this rom, I can fully uninstall apps. Can I re-install them if I change my mind?

Say for instance, I don't want Sprint_Navigation because I use google's navigator. I uninstall Sprint_Navigation but some other time I decide I want to try it out. Is the APK included somewhere in this rom? Or can I use the Sprint.APK's file that OMJ made?
Old 06-09-2010, 01:48 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Re: MikROM updated (stock rom with uninstallable apps)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post
Quick question, not sure if this is obvious or not...

You said w/ this rom, I can fully uninstall apps. Can I re-install them if I change my mind?

Say for instance, I don't want Sprint_Navigation because I use google's navigator. I uninstall Sprint_Navigation but some other time I decide I want to try it out. Is the APK included somewhere in this rom? Or can I use the Sprint.APK's file that OMJ made?
You can reinstall them if you have the apks, so you could use the ones OMJ provides to reinstall some of them. BTW, I had the misfortune of trying out the Sprint nav yesterday and it was horrible and sloooow. I went back to my MotoNav (iGo), but the Google nav is pretty nice too.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development