PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 03:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond~>Samsung Moment~>HTC EVO!
Carrier: Sprint

vinscuzzy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: MikROM updated (stock rom with uninstallable apps)

Does this Rom include the OTA update? Updated radio?
Old 06-09-2010, 06:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinscuzzy View Post
Does this Rom include the OTA update? Updated radio?
OTA yes, Radio no.
for me personally the older radio works much better.
with the new one i keep roaming for some reason.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils
Old 06-09-2010, 06:57 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

removed the rom for now.. i gotta update somethings on it.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm treo pro 850
Carrier: sprint

wirenut110 is just getting started

When will you have it available for download?
Old 06-09-2010, 09:52 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirenut110 View Post
When will you have it available for download?
im trying out many diff things right now...
taking off packages and moving them and such... adding things in.
im gonna try to add the new radio in with it also.
to be honest... i think that it doesnt matter much right now... there isn't a rom out there that is unique yet... everyone has the same thing plus minus a few things.
no one made a non stock rom yet... so im not stressing about it too much and i really think there isnt much of a diff between each of the roms.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm treo pro 850
Carrier: sprint

wirenut110 is just getting started

understood but i like the fact how you allow removal of apps. i would love to clear out some of the oem items.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:06 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ok... good news... i was able to push in the new radio to the rom.
uploading now... more apps can be uninstalled... will update the change log in a few.

edit:
updated.

i am not in a 4G coverage area... so please anyone who flashes it and has 4G in his/her area, please report back.
thanks.

Last edited by amikam; 06-09-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

Freelancerx8 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
ok... good news... i was able to push in the new radio to the rom.
uploading now... more apps can be uninstalled... will update the change log in a few.

edit:
updated.

i am not in a 4G coverage area... so please anyone who flashes it and has 4G in his/her area, please report back.
thanks.
i think you should be careful about adding the new radio to your rom, i read about one user who re flashed his radio with the one he already had and now has some big problems, i also have read that the radio should not be included with a rom. i was thinking of trying your rom but i don't want to be re-flashing the radio over and over, not just from your rom but other roms you know what i mean?
Old 06-10-2010, 12:38 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelancerx8 View Post
i think you should be careful about adding the new radio to your rom, i read about one user who re flashed his radio with the one he already had and now has some big problems, i also have read that the radio should not be included with a rom. i was thinking of trying your rom but i don't want to be re-flashing the radio over and over, not just from your rom but other roms you know what i mean?
i dont know of any issues... but u might know something i don't.
if u can show me where u saw that i would really appreciate it.
basically what i did to add the radio was to change a script in the flashing process that flashes the new radio also.
but u have a point that i didnt think of... i had the olde radio once flashing my rom... so maybe your point is valid on people who has that radio already installed.

anyways... for public safety ill take your advice and leave the radio out... just in case.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:14 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Re: MikROM (with and without updated radio and removable apps)

updated the rom...
now two versions are up.
1) without the new radio.
2) will also flash the new radio (Ver. 1.39.00.05.31).

personally i am using the version with the new radio included in it just because the zip image used to root the phone has the old radio on it and i dont want to flash different times for the radio and the rom.

i've been using it for half a day and so far no issues with anything.

i would strongly recommend using this great new method for all your flashing needs: (thanks FastRX8 for the info)
Rom Manager flashing way

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development