PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2010, 11:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 07/21/2007 MikROM (new Kernel + Battery percent on icon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico4k View Post
Answers:
1. i downloaded the MikROM Detox
2. the Feeds sync correctly and friendstreams works flawlessly.
3. when i go to People, then menu->View facebook for htc sense has a 0 next to it (no contacts downloaded). When i go to accounts and sync, in facebook for htc sense says contacts is synced wiht the time and date.
4. the syncing is on and checked for both feeds and contacts.
5. and I have 002 hardware..

any help would be great...i love this rom, and it is the only thing that does not work for me...otherwise flawless!
very strange... im using the same version as u... exactly the same one... and i really dont have issues... it seems like everything is working right but u still dont see or get the contacts on your phone.
im lost, im not sure what to say.
which rom did u come from... ill try flashing it and then switch to mine to see if i could reproduce it somehow.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils
Old 07-23-2010, 11:57 AM
High Speed Lurking
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G!

Triscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIP

I'm having the same issues with facebook contacts as nico4k. Done pretty much everything he has in terms of restoring. I also tried Titanium. Oddly enough, I'm having the same issue in Fresh's 1.0.1 ROM. I did a wipe and everything. So the problem might not necessarily be ROM specific. It may just be some kind of setting on our phones and we just can't figure it out.
Damn.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Thumbs up Re: [ROM] 07/21/2007 MikROM (new Kernel + Battery percent on icon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
very strange... im using the same version as u... exactly the same one... and i really dont have issues... it seems like everything is working right but u still dont see or get the contacts on your phone.
im lost, im not sure what to say.
which rom did u come from... ill try flashing it and then switch to mine to see if i could reproduce it somehow.
if it helps, i'm using unrevoked 3 with rom manager to install your ROM from the SD Card (may have something to do with it?)

I just re-wiped and skipped the setup for facebook...and then went and added it manually and still no go.
I installed the facebook app from the market to see if i could sync with that, but when i go to add an account under accounts and sync, and select facebook, nothing happens...which is weird.

(also, i though android natively had a facebook contact syncing feature, i cant find a way to set that up either.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triscuit View Post
I'm having the same issues with facebook contacts as nico4k. Done pretty much everything he has in terms of restoring. I also tried Titanium. Oddly enough, I'm having the same issue in Fresh's 1.0.1 ROM. I did a wipe and everything. So the problem might not necessarily be ROM specific. It may just be some kind of setting on our phones and we just can't figure it out.
Damn.
I know man...this is by far the best rom i have used and love the skin...(i can learn to live without the facebook contact sync, but it is very nice to have all the pictures polulate on the contacts...uh well).
Old 07-23-2010, 12:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

1. How is the battery life on this ROM
2. The facebook issue affects every-body, and to make it clear not facebook but HTC facebook has the contacts syncing issue and its been like that for over 24hours now.
if you backupyour contacts the pics will be there but not syncing with facebook.

Last edited by Nygel; 07-23-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff

How can I get adobe flash to work? On other roms I can go to the Speedtest website and it would load. Now it tells me I need to download Adobe. Any help?
Old 07-23-2010, 12:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

install the 10.1 beta flash apk. and after it install reboot your phone and that should be it, if not try accessing the sire thru skyfire browser.

also amikam where can I get the ring-ring ringtone from?

Last edited by Nygel; 07-23-2010 at 12:41 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

parousia15 is keeping up the good workparousia15 is keeping up the good work

I just flashed. I can confirmed that HTC facebook sync is not working me as well, even after titanium backup.

Unfortunately, I can't even access accounts & sync. Every time I try, it force closes on me. Initially, that wasn't a problem.

However, my push gmail still works, so I assume background syncing is working.

I'm coming from SprintLover's ROM

I don't know what to do, if anything?

Edit: No sooner than I wrote this post, my facebook sync started working (I didn't do anything). However, I still cannot access accounts & sync. It still force closes on me.

And adds in certain apps aren't loading either.

Last edited by parousia15; 07-23-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygel View Post
install the 10.1 beta flash apk. and after it install reboot your phone and that should be it, if not try accessing the sire thru skyfire browser.

also amikam where can I get the ring-ring ringtone from?
Tried that and still nothing. I don't want to have to use skyfire when this phone is flash-capable. I installed the flash_for_21.apk on other roms and it worked fine. I really love this rom, but why can't I install flash?
Old 07-23-2010, 02:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

ok... so seems like more than just a few have some issues... to be honest i got 0 issues so its hard for me to help u all solve a problem that i dont experience myself.
ill make a full version of the rom with all the things that the stock rom has in it... u guys can just remove apps that u dont want yourself form it.

ill upload it in a about an hour...
it will have detox theme, batt percent, the new kernel and the added software i have in the other roms, besides that ill keep everything same as stock... hopefully there will be no issues for everyone with that version.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

parousia15 is keeping up the good workparousia15 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
ok... so seems like more than just a few have some issues... to be honest i got 0 issues so its hard for me to help u all solve a problem that i dont experience myself.
ill make a full version of the rom with all the things that the stock rom has in it... u guys can just remove apps that u dont want yourself form it.

ill upload it in a about an hour...
it will have detox theme, batt percent, the new kernel and the added software i have in the other roms, besides that ill keep everything same as stock... hopefully there will be no issues for everyone with that version.
That will be very awesome of you!

Last edited by parousia15; 07-23-2010 at 02:59 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development