PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2010, 07:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] MikROM 1.0 (7/24) added MikROM Froyo (07/31)

ok guys... so a nice update is up...
so far just as a base for future updates and theming, which means no wiping for future updates.

as usual its very clean, i added removed apps to sdcard and battery percent.
the rom included a few extra apps and by default vanilla locker, i would suggest to change the htc clock to fancywidget instead.

ill try to put up a full change-log and more add-ons later on.

don't forget to wipe... all themes are working in the rom if you'd like to apply one yourself.

here is the link:
MikFroyo-Base

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

cluenino is a n00b

Glad to see the new ROM is up. Just wanted to know if we still have to follow the steps in this link? http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=221
Old 08-15-2010, 07:10 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluenino View Post
Glad to see the new ROM is up. Just wanted to know if we still have to follow the steps in this link? http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=221
im assuming everyone did the update for radio and wifi... if u didnt then yes u would. if u updated the radio and wifi u wont...

p.s.
i will need to put up the theme later on.. the rom has batt percent and i used a lot from clak's rom... so like i said... its just a base for future updates... so dont expect a themed version.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:16 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Re: [ROM] MikFroyo v1.0 (updated 08/16)

new skinned rom is up.

lots of changes... please ask me for any missing software that u got used to on the old rom version if u cannot find it yourselves.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:51 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ssssssssssssssssswwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttt tttttttttttt!
Old 08-17-2010, 12:33 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico4k View Post
Ssssssssssssssssswwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttt tttttttttttt!
im glad u like.... and i saw your post on calk's thread... he did do a great job... thats why i used a lot of his tricks on my new rom and his ver 1.1 as my base.

im trying out some new things with optimizing apk's now... it seems that everyone is only using one kind of compression for the png's... im adding an extra one... i managed to cut down my framework-res from 3.56 to 2.87 and my com.htc.resources from 15.36 to 14.72.... i know it might not seem so much... but since those apk's were already optimized an extra 5%-15% is still nice.

the good news is that im only gonna put up updates that wont require wiping and probably only ones that deal with skinning and optimizing the sys.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:43 PM
N00b

cluenino is a n00b

As usual, this rom is great!!! I love how you keep all that useless stuff off. Keep up the good work.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:58 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

an update should be coming up in about an hour or two...

changed a few task notification icons... using kingx kernel #3 with all the goodies... new profiles for setcpu, reoptimized some apk's, reverted back to busybox 1.7.1(just better than 1.' updated Gmail, Sprint_VVM... and took out the Removed apps folder from sdcard cuz there is no need to wipe and im sure u guys would rather d/l 130mb instead of 170.
a few other things:
i had to takeout setcpu cuz i just saw that the dev asked to take out of roms... look (and d/l) for yourselves here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...37&postcount=1
im not big on donations... but getting it from the market is also a pretty nice thing to do for some who is looking for them.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:18 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Re: [ROM] MikFroyo v1.1 - updated(08/19/2010) now with KiNgxKernel BFS #3

rom has been updated...

have fun
Old 08-19-2010, 08:05 AM
N00b

cluenino is a n00b
Re: [ROM] MikFroyo v1.1 - updated(08/19/2010) now with KiNgxKernel BFS #3

Is anyone having problems with the 4g not connecting? Since I flashed to the newest rom my 4g is not working. It shows that the service is available but it never connects. I do have the newest radio and wimax installed. Radio-2.15.00.07.28 and Wimax26023.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development