PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 11:55 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 12/25/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDMB View Post
So I'm running 28014 and sense 2.5
I have most of my contacts through Sense connected to Facebook to keep me up to date with their profile pics and my ID for them. I get the facebook picture when using Sense for texts and so forth. But when a call comes in it doesnt recognize the picture. Looking in windows contacts there is no pic assosciated with the contact. Is there a way to make windows contacts see the sens's contact pic. It takes everything else from sense.
yeah, this has been a know problem....the dialer will show the original stored pic for a contact, but not a new pic that came from FB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
What dialer are you currently using?/Contact utlility engine?

ContactUtilityEngine and the dialer go hand and hand, they have to match to get all the features..
Even worse is it varies from device to device, i.e leo contactutility must go with leo dialer, quilin contactutilitymust go with quilin dialer..

That being said, I'm guessing you are using a Manila 2.5 ContactUtilityEngine with a Manila 2.1 dialer..
I stopped using Manila 2.5 but I was using the leo dialer and had no problems with facebook pictures for the contact pic.
hey Omni....so when u were running 2.5, incoming calls would display the contact pic from FB for you?

if so, which Leo dialer? Can u upload? I've been using the Rhodium dialer for awhile now.

thx
Old 01-15-2010, 12:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 12/25/09

Please forgive if this is a known issue but I just went to 6.5.x today (yeah yeah OMJ 2K10 here i come)...

Built a 28014 2.5 ROM in the 1.7 Kitchen and on the messaging tab when I hit the menu nothing happens? I don't get the menu for "reply", "delete", etc...

Anybody else having this issue?

Thanks
Old 01-15-2010, 12:32 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Please forgive if this is a known issue but I just went to 6.5.x today (yeah yeah OMJ 2K10 here i come)...

Built a 28014 2.5 ROM in the 1.7 Kitchen and on the messaging tab when I hit the menu nothing happens? I don't get the menu for "reply", "delete", etc...

Thanks

nope, I've been testing 28014 roms all night....menu working fine....I'll probably be re-uploading v1.7 tomorrow, and some of the 1922 packages will cause problems.....oops
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:33 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I didnt change post #1 cuz some of my rom users were having issues & I wasnt sure if it was related to the new 1922 packages. It turns out Amarullz said it was caused by manila locker & posted a fix. I still think I'm gonna repack/re-upload v1.7 w/ that fix & also seperate the modifed manila.exe for 6.5.3.
So, if we're not using Sense , then this kitchen should be fine, right?
Also- is our Sashimi EXT in there? Just wonderin'. D/ling now. Playing tomorrow.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:37 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
So, if we're not using Sense , then this kitchen should be fine, right?
Also- is our Sashimi EXT in there? Just wonderin'. D/ling now. Playing tomorrow.
no, I dont have SASHIMI in there yet....if you're not using sense, you may not see any difference from 1.6......but, there are 1922 updated packages that you may want.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sprint Touch Diamond

pwnsicle is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post

Thanks
this happened to me when i first used the v1.7 kitchen to make a 21887 rom but i quickly isolated the problem!
when you cook a rom check this section out...
SHARED-Devices:020_Sense_2.5_1920_VGA

Manila_Message_1920_VGA_070110 should be checked as false. check it to true and you should get your "menu" button working on the cooked rom
Old 01-15-2010, 10:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
yeah, this has been a know problem....the dialer will show the original stored pic for a contact, but not a new pic that came from FB.

hey Omni....so when u were running 2.5, incoming calls would display the contact pic from FB for you?

if so, which Leo dialer? Can u upload? I've been using the Rhodium dialer for awhile now.

thx
I've been using THIS leo vga dialer. It's been working well (though I haven't paid attention to facebook pics on the dialer). I like it better than the rhodium dialer.

If you use that dialer, edit the app.reg to the following for ## codes to work:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DialParser]
"DLL-OEM"="PhoneCanvas.dll"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:40 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
I've been using THIS leo vga dialer. It's been working well (though I haven't paid attention to facebook pics on the dialer). I like it better than the rhodium dialer.

Code:

cool, thx...gonna try it now
Old 01-15-2010, 12:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2

Code:

cool, thx...gonna try it now
This is what I was using, just make sure you are using leo contactutilityengine too.. Best dialer by far, actually has the slide down curtain like the original tachi dialer (but it actually works well).. Works Perfectly in 6.5 builds, but unfortunately in 6.5.* builds the icon to make the dialer open and close (to move betweend dialing and call history for example) overlaps onto the contacts button. Not by much, but its a bit noticeable. More than worth it though in my opinion, the dialer works flawlessly, has a smaller memory footprint and is less rough around the edges too.

Last edited by omnicronx; 01-15-2010 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:54 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

I see that there are some 21888 & 21889 builds in the wild. Is anyone playing with these yet? [OMJ<<nudge,nudge]

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development