PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 10:44 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v1.9 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 2354x | 3/12/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FH-CS View Post
I have a few questions/problems regarding the 2.0 kitchen.

In sense 2.1 ROMs, the settings tab is missing for some reason. Is there any way to get it back?

Thanks
that was an issue in the \EXT\Shared\021_Sense_2.5_Common_Tweaks\HTCSense_T weak_OMJ_MISC package, there is code in the app.reg that was meant for sense 2.5 for tweaking the tabs, this causes the setting tab to be missing in sense 2.1.

use the attached \EXT\Shared\021_Sense_2.5_Common_Tweaks\HTCSense_T weak_OMJ_MISC package instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
@OMJ or Mwalt...

I'm running the Rhodium dialer on my Sense 2.5 23544 ROM (yeah yeah OMJ, back to 6.5.x again lol)

I have all the text related stuff tweaked so that it launches WM native client rather than HTC...

Here is my question...

Is there a way to make the Rhodium dialer launch the WM native contact card rather than the HTC? I'm referring to when you press the contact card icon from within the dialer (like when using smart dial or when you drop the dialpad and can see the call history, smart dials, and all contacts).

If I diable Sense, then this is the behaviour of the Rhodium dialer so could i possiblly leave out contact utility engine? Or would that mess other stuff up? Or maybe is there a reg or a file I can edit to get it to behave this way when Sense is running?

Thanks
yes there is, but I need to dig up the reg edit to do what u want...I know it's posted in the sense port thread @ xda

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobram View Post
Here's the data arrow fix courtesy of NFSFAN:

http://depositfiles.com/en/files/0xjq3l5xu

Inside the RAR file is a registry entry and a PhoneCanvas.dll

I haven't yet had a chance to test it out.
has anyone had success w/ this? just tried it, data arrow still broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyamante View Post
Hello, I'm unable to receive Video MMS. The message comes up blank (no attachment). I've searched the forums/internet for a couple of hours. I'm using a rom I created with OMJ Kitchen v2. Sense 2.5 (not 2012), build 23541, Amarullz No Messaging Client selected, HTC Messaging Client deselected, HTC Message 1.0 deselected. I can send/receive texts and pics no problem. Thanks.

A couple of posts I read stated that video MMS doesn't work with Sense 2.5 custom roms. Can anyoe confirm? Thanks.
you need arcsoft to receive mms, and it is only viewable from the native wm messaging.

you also need to change

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Inbox\ExternalAccounts\SMS]
to

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Inbox\ExternalAccounts\SMS.htc]
Attached Files
File Type: zip Tweak - OMJ_MISC.zip (1.4 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-05-2010, 11:10 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v1.9 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 2354x | 3/12/1

Quote:
Just wondering if anyone has had luck in getting this to work?

I tried replacing the phonecanvas.dll in the windows dir, but I didn't see any change. The registry entry was already set by default.

Maybe it needs to be cooked in?
yeah it may need to be cooked in....the original is located @ HTC Sense Kitchen v2.0\OEM\Diamond\Common\OEMDrivers

I dont have time to cook/flash tonight, if u try it, let us know if it works.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tilt
Carrier: att

JEANRIVERA is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
sprint internet settings

i wanted to help a friend with his cell phone and flash your rom in his cell but i can not get sprint internet or data to work actually it my first time flashing a cdma devicee with gsm devices is easy to set the internet but here i just cant find the way, now he is mad at me because i wanted to help but i screw his device his device is an original diamond from sprint
Old 04-06-2010, 07:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post

yes there is, but I need to dig up the reg edit to do what u want...I know it's posted in the sense port thread @ xda
Thanks! I'll look for it too but on the road now and at a company computer that for some reason will let me on PPCG but blocks XDA

... if you find it please post if not i'll try to track it down when I get home.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:00 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Re: sprint internet settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEANRIVERA View Post
i wanted to help a friend with his cell phone and flash your rom in his cell but i can not get sprint internet or data to work actually it my first time flashing a cdma devicee with gsm devices is easy to set the internet but here i just cant find the way, now he is mad at me because i wanted to help but i screw his device his device is an original diamond from sprint
usually there is nothing u need to do when coming from the stock sprint rom to a custom rom, but you can try installing the sprint carrier cab, and also the sprint profile & prl update cab. if it still doesnt work, I would flash back to stock, run the profile update app, make sure data is working, then flash back to custom rom.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...2&d=1260414159

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...8&d=1260413672
Old 04-06-2010, 03:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tilt
Carrier: att

JEANRIVERA is a n00b
Re: sprint internet settings

Quote:
usually there is nothing u need to do when coming from the stock sprint rom to a custom rom, but you can try installing the sprint carrier cab, and also the sprint profile & prl update cab. if it still doesnt work, I would flash back to stock, run the profile update app, make sure data is working, then flash back to custom rom.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...2&d=1260414159

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...8&d=1260413672
ok will try thanks
Old 04-06-2010, 04:43 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quick question (that's probably been asked/answered, sorry): I want to make a version of my ROM for my friend's TP. Is it as simple as dropping some files into the kitchen and recooking or is this a big deal?
If it's a simple thing, I'd love a little "direction".

Old 04-06-2010, 06:43 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Thanks! I'll look for it too but on the road now and at a company computer that for some reason will let me on PPCG but blocks XDA

... if you find it please post if not i'll try to track it down when I get home.
I stand corrected, the reg edit I was thinking of was to use the default contact picker in messaging, from what I was told it may not be possible in the dialer unless you used the "noHTCPhoneCanvas" mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Quick question (that's probably been asked/answered, sorry): I want to make a version of my ROM for my friend's TP. Is it as simple as dropping some files into the kitchen and recooking or is this a big deal?
If it's a simple thing, I'd love a little "direction".
yes, what I would do is download Calkulins last kitchen. copy over the TP OEM, ROM & EXT related folders.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

bobram is keeping up the good workbobram is keeping up the good work

Quote:
yeah it may need to be cooked in....the original is located @ HTC Sense Kitchen v2.0\OEM\Diamond\Common\OEMDrivers

I dont have time to cook/flash tonight, if u try it, let us know if it works.
Surprisingly, I've never actually cooked a ROM before. Yes I admit it, I am a ROM cooking virgin!

I'd like to give it a shot just to see if those pesky data arrows will ever work, if someone could point me to a good thread with easy to follow instructions I might be able to pop my ROM cherry.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:44 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Surprisingly, I've never actually cooked a ROM before. Yes I admit it, I am a ROM cooking virgin!

I'd like to give it a shot just to see if those pesky data arrows will ever work, if someone could point me to a good thread with easy to follow instructions I might be able to pop my ROM cherry.
you're already in that "good thread"....kitchen link is in post #1, basic tutorial in post #2.

If you're already running one of my ROMs, just load the appropriate .erv file for the ROM you are using.

you'll want to copy the updated PhoneCanvas.dll to the kitchen. you either need to replace the original, located @ HTC Sense Kitchen v2.0\OEM\Diamond\Common\OEMDrivers or copy the file to a folder like OMJ HTC Sense Kitchen v2.0\EXT\Shared\021_Sense_2.5_Common_Tweaks\HTCSen se_Tweak_OMJ_MISC\files so it overwrites the original file during the cooking.

let the fun begin!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development