PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 04:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v1.9 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 2/16/1

here is my sys 23547 vk ready with 6.5 aku.
i removed useless things and fixed up the beta expiration that popups on the screen.
this sys is really supposed to be the best com 5 build yet, thats what the xda guys are saying anyways...
have fun, and don't forget to check the box "REAL WM6.5 AKU".

MikROM_SYS_23547_Real_WM6.5_AKU_VKReady

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:20 PM
JZR
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

JZR is becoming a great contributor
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v1.9 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 2/16/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
here is my sys 23547 vk ready with 6.5 aku.
i removed useless things and fixed up the beta expiration that popups on the screen.
this sys is really supposed to be the best com 5 build yet, thats what the xda guys are saying anyways...
have fun, and don't forget to check the box "REAL WM6.5 AKU".

MikROM_SYS_23547_Real_WM6.5_AKU_VKReady
Thanks, amikam!
Old 03-13-2010, 06:18 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
That is the process that always works for me... don't know what's happening to yours? I haven't been home to d/l the 2.0 kitchen but maybe it's a sys thing? Which sys are you using in the kitchen? Different from 23514? Maybe there is something there?
I'm using OMJ's 23541 ROM, which I assume is the same SYS as the one I'm using in his 2.0 kitchen. I thought it might have something to do with PocketInformant, but I just installed that on his ROM as well and no changes.

I'm going to try some more stripped down builds removing a few items at a time, to see which one might be causing the issue. The only thing I changed that might possibly be causing the issue is I went from Generic to Sprint for my carrier. Maybe I'll try the old build with that changed...

Old 03-14-2010, 04:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: sprint

boobman is just getting started

maybe dumb question, but whats up with all these new sys with real aku. All ive read is that people keep saying its faster. is that the main difference? is the speed just referring to windows speed or manila's speed as well?
Old 03-14-2010, 05:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond / TP2 / Arrive
Carrier: Sprint since 1999

meangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobman View Post
maybe dumb question, but whats up with all these new sys with real aku. All ive read is that people keep saying its faster. is that the main difference? is the speed just referring to windows speed or manila's speed as well?
here is what amikam mentioned about this on page 143 or so

from what I understand (very little) using real aku (native kernel) makes it work without recmodding
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: sprint

boobman is just getting started

I tried to find an ext for cookies home tab mod 1.6.1 with no luck so i made my own ext. Seems to be working fine. It should be already set for vga. here it is if anyone wants to try it. first attempt at giving something back.

havent confirmed the editor to be working yet but theres no reason it shouldnt.

Edit: Just confirmed both home tab and editor ext's to be working.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Co0kie.HomeTab_v1.6.1.zip (314.4 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip CHTEditor.v1.6.1.zip (1.11 MB, 4 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by boobman; 03-16-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobman View Post
real aku really has nothing at all to do with the sys. Reak aku means using a kernal written for windows mobile 6.5 and has advantages in virtual memory. If you want to know more, check this post. The main advantage is you don't have to turn modules into files (process called recmod). Modules are also supposed to load faster than files, though it's nothing that will jump out at you (IMO). I suppose the sys is referred to as 'real aku' because it isn't pre-recmodded for you.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH DIAMOND

hasseye is just getting started

hey guyss so i'm using OMJs latest 2.0 kitchen with some small EXTs added in

however a problem i'm having is the dialer for soem reason seems like its getting corrupted or something..example

when i add in the leo dialer the stock wm6.5 dialer appears
when i add in the rhodium dialer the whole dialer is just white and scrambled...

also when i go to the messaging icon and click on the top icon for "new message" it doesnt do anything and neither does any of the buttons on that page.

anyone have any idea whats going on?

EDIT: WOW nevermind....it's amazing what flashing to stock 6.1 rom would do...not sure what happened but a flash to stock and then back to that solved everything...hummm

Last edited by hasseye; 03-15-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:28 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

a little tip for you guys to check when you're cooking w/ a new sys, now that we're using real AKU.

If the SYS has both BaseAppsFiles & BaseAppsModules, and OSFiles & OSModules folder, make sure you're using the modules folder.....we always used the files folder b4 and it would be easy to overlook. If you're using my 23541 template, you'll see I already have the modules version selected....and I must say 23514 is running excellent!
Old 03-15-2010, 08:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

O.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
a little tip for you guys to check when you're cooking w/ a new sys, now that we're using real AKU.

If the SYS has both BaseAppsFiles & BaseAppsModules, and OSFiles & OSModules folder, make sure you're using the modules folder.....we always used the files folder b4 and it would be easy to overlook. If you're using my 23541 template, you'll see I already have the modules version selected....and I must say 23514 is running excellent!
Thanks for the tip, and I can second that about 23514 running excellently. I've now abandoned Titanium/SPB MS and am running Sense 2.5 and am quite pleased with it's capabilities and it's performance. One question though, since I was gone from the HTC/Sense world for a long time. Is HTC Birthday functional? What is it supposed to do?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development