PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2010, 10:15 PM
Hello. My name is Success
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

fr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NEED A NEW POT Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post
All right. Got the ROM cooked and working, and I thought I could live with it, but I was wrong. I hate WM 6.5. I tried to work with it, and half my stuff is reinstalled, but I have to go back to standard WM 6.1.

It looks cool, but if wm6 was like trying to wade through a swamp to get stuff done, wm 6.5 is like being stuck in an ice cube: I can't do crap. Too many scroll bars missing, too flaky. Flip it only works once: You start in portrait, go to landscape, and you can't go back. Among other things.

Where can I get a unit for WM 6.1 in this kitchen!!!!!!!(?)

UPDATE: Could I maybe use the 21055 SYS from here, and then could that be incorportated into the existing templates?
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44494

- 2 Bunny

Maybe you should try a 6.5 Rom cooked by one of the great cooks here. Being your first time cooking a 6.5 ROM you cant do anything but expect things not to work properly. Ive use flip it before and it works flawlessly But yes you can place that 21055 SYS in the kitchen. Use a 6.5 template but change the sys to the 21055. But be careful because somethings may only work with 6.5 and up so go through the files and check.

<---- Continuation Of The GTX Sense Theme---->
Old 05-23-2010, 05:01 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v2.1 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 235xx | 4/22/1

I've tried everything I could think of, but I still can't get the camera or calculator (both HTC OEM) to work in my ROM. I've taken the files from older kitchens, from other ROMs and nothing.
I keep getting the error message that it's not signed with a trusted certificate or one of it's components can't be found.
Any help. Please?
Is no one else seeing this on WM6.5 ROMs?

Last edited by Trident; 05-23-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Smile PAGE POOL Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr3sh_t0_d3f View Post
Maybe you should try a 6.5 Rom cooked by one of the great cooks here. Being your first time cooking a 6.5 ROM you cant do anything but expect things not to work properly. Ive use flip it before and it works flawlessly But yes you can place that 21055 SYS in the kitchen. Use a 6.5 template but change the sys to the 21055. But be careful because somethings may only work with 6.5 and up so go through the files and check.
Okay, mega update here:

I took the advice of the quoted author above and was surprised to find that I was able to whip together a 6.1 ROM, but it looked only a little better than the 6.5 one! TouchFlow 3D was a mess, the text sizes in the COMM MANAGER were icky, the start menu was busted up, and Flip It was still not working.

So, I went back to the Pegasus ROM I was using before, and thought of a brilliant Idea: what if I changed the pagepool? Only problem is, I forget which way you go numerically to get more memory. Could someone maybe cue me in? Sorry to kind of "interrupt" in the thread like this, it seems out of place, but I'll try to keep to myself unless the community really needs to listen to me .

Thanks though!

- 2 Bunny
Old 05-23-2010, 10:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Re: PAGE POOL Reply

Quote:
Okay, mega update here:

I took the advice of the quoted author above and was surprised to find that I was able to whip together a 6.1 ROM, but it looked only a little better than the 6.5 one! TouchFlow 3D was a mess, the text sizes in the COMM MANAGER were icky, the start menu was busted up, and Flip It was still not working.

So, I went back to the Pegasus ROM I was using before, and thought of a brilliant Idea: what if I changed the pagepool? Only problem is, I forget which way you go numerically to get more memory. Could someone maybe cue me in? Sorry to kind of "interrupt" in the thread like this, it seems out of place, but I'll try to keep to myself unless the community really needs to listen to me .

Thanks though!

- 2 Bunny
Hey Bud ... sorry you're having so much trouble putting together a custom rom. I really feel like you're swimming upstream. Why don't you do this ... either settle for a solid 6.5 (21895, 21904, etc) which you can build with Manila/Sense 2.5, or go with a 6.1 (21055) built in a non-Sense kitchen like Calkulin's. So much of the Sense 2.5 stuff will really only work well with 6.5 and above. If you stick with 6.1, you have TF3D 2.1, the start menu you want, and lots of stability, good battery life. Regarding the page pool, it isn't causing your problems. I typically use 24 in all my roms ... 6.1, 6.5, and 6.5x, with no issues. Wish I could sit down with you, and help ... good luck!
Old 05-23-2010, 10:57 PM
Banned User

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Smile Re: PAGE POOL Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
Hey Bud ... sorry you're having so much trouble putting together a custom rom. I really feel like you're swimming upstream. Why don't you do this ... either settle for a solid 6.5 (21895, 21904, etc) which you can build with Manila/Sense 2.5, or go with a 6.1 (21055) built in a non-Sense kitchen like Calkulin's. So much of the Sense 2.5 stuff will really only work well with 6.5 and above. If you stick with 6.1, you have TF3D 2.1, the start menu you want, and lots of stability, good battery life. Regarding the page pool, it isn't causing your problems. I typically use 24 in all my roms ... 6.1, 6.5, and 6.5x, with no issues. Wish I could sit down with you, and help ... good luck!
Thank you. Do you know where I can get an erv file for the caulkin kitchen? Ideally, I would like to use the pegasus rom as a base, and customize from there. I sent a message to the author, but I'm not expecting much as he isn't very active on the board. Can I make an erv file out of a rom like that? It is for sure from the caulkin kitchen to begin with.

If not, erv files (for the caulkin kitchen) are still greatly appreciated. Thanks for all your help so far.

- 2 Bunny

Last edited by 2 Bunny; 05-23-2010 at 11:00 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:34 PM
VIP Member

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Thank you. Do you know where I can get an erv file for the caulkin kitchen? Ideally, I would like to use the pegasus rom as a base, and customize from there. I sent a message to the author, but I'm not expecting much as he isn't very active on the board. Can I make an erv file out of a rom like that? It is for sure from the caulkin kitchen to begin with.

If not, erv files (for the caulkin kitchen) are still greatly appreciated. Thanks for all your help so far.

- 2 Bunny
I have used Calkulin's 4.1 kitchen, rather than the 4.2 kitchen, which I believe was his last for the Diamond. A couple of guys had trouble with 4.2, as did I. It's much easier to use without all the Sense 2.5 stuff. Tomorrow, I'll dig mine out, and copy an .erv file or two for you. You should be able to d/l the kitchen from his thread in the upgrade forum.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:07 AM
Banned User

Post Re: PAGE POOL Reply

Quote:
I have used Calkulin's 4.1 kitchen, rather than the 4.2 kitchen, which I believe was his last for the Diamond. A couple of guys had trouble with 4.2, as did I. It's much easier to use without all the Sense 2.5 stuff. Tomorrow, I'll dig mine out, and copy an .erv file or two for you. You should be able to d/l the kitchen from his thread in the upgrade forum.
Nice! I'll have to keep my eyes open for that. Thanks.

- 2 Bunny
Old 05-24-2010, 02:07 PM
VIP Member

Quote:

- 2 Bunny
Here's an .erv file that will work in Calkulin's kitchen. It's a 21055 (6.1) manila 2.1, with the basics. You can add to it your preferred ext's.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 21055_Manila2.1.erv.zip (1.7 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

ctiger is becoming a great contributor
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v2.1 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 235xx | 4/22/1

Quote:
All you need to do, is extract the files ... and place them in their proper place in OMJ's kitchen. There are three files ... a "Sys" file, and two files in the rom folder, one that goes in the Diamond folder and another that goes into the Shared folder. You'll recognize how it goes. Once done ... fire up the kitchen and cook away. Hope that helps ...
I cooked two roms and just about to try them in my phone(hesitated, worried about brick my phone) and our great OMJ just posted a new one, oh, well, I'll have to try his first.
By the way, why put the "my phone" in the room? it's not the latest version, and it can't backup the call history.
Another interesting thing, I tried MikRom for some days, and in his rom, the CHT isn't blanking out half screen.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:58 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctiger View Post
I cooked two roms and just about to try them in my phone(hesitated, worried about brick my phone) and our great OMJ just posted a new one, oh, well, I'll have to try his first.
By the way, why put the "my phone" in the room? it's not the latest version, and it can't backup the call history.
Another interesting thing, I tried MikRom for some days, and in his rom, the CHT isn't blanking out half screen.
Not sure what you're talking about ... your post has nothing to do with how to place a new system in the kitchen. With that said, I don't place "myphone" in the rom ... I add it afterward so that if it needs to be updated, the original file won't still be in the rom. I do the same thing with CHT Editor, and I have been using Amikam's version which he posted as while back. And it responds the same way with blank parts if you edit more than once.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development