PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 01:17 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 12/25/09

For those using 6.5.3 roms, I created a cab & VK package for XTask 2.15. I was previously using showcase to close apps on X, I found that show case was causing freezing. I have since removed showcase but now apps were not closing on X. In my ROM thread it was suggested to try XTask, it has it's pros/cons, but I'm using it merely to close apps, it can be configured to do many things.

Cab
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...7&d=1262019350

VK package
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...8&d=1262019350

Original thread.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean222 View Post
Loaded up 2.5 28014 and the phone rang.
2.1 21887 rang.

Updated 2.5 21887 with the files you uploaded and no luck...still no ringer sound. (no vibrate either)

Someone please flash 21887 with Sense 2.5 to see if they can reproduce this problem please!
hmmm, so 2.1 21887 works but not 2.5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Biker View Post
Yes, I believe so OMJ.

BTW, what do you do in your spare time..?
This is obviously your day job!!

See, I'm not asking for more stuff [ahem] ... yes, a bare-boned WM6.5 without all the weight.

Sounds easy to me... tho, I'm no expert.

But, ask me about what to wear cycling when its -40C/-40F outside ...

I'll tell you .................................................. ....... you shouldn't ....
(I do it with 300 carbide-tipped studs per tire)

Anyhow. thanks for taking the time .... FOR EVERYTHING!!!
ok, when I get a chance, I'll make a couple basic/minimum templates

spare time? this is it, oh and Playing COD on XBL, and dont forget the fam....this is far from my day job, lol

lol, thats cold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordy View Post
I found the issue OMJ, I checked the registry and found that all of the settings for the Mod Locker don't get applied including some of them that are listed as not to be changed. I just added the missing entries to the registry and it worked as it should. I did find that after a while any pages using manila becomes corrupted. seems like an issue with drawing them and there are blank spaces in the page.
thats odd, I just checked the package and the app.reg looks fine....now I did tweak some of the settings....ie, change from 1 to 0....but thats it.

Quote:
The problemo is in 1.5 kitchen 21887 Sense 2.5 specifically.

21887 Sense 2.1 rings and 28014 rings also. And according to you 21887 Titanium works too.
not sure why it would only affect 2.5....try going into sense settings, then sound & display, and checking the ringtone. default ringtone is Ring-Standard3, if that is correct, try changing to something else.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:18 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 12/25/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmariachi View Post
Thanks trying now on a 21887 ROM!

Trying those as well, I wasnt having any issues with NetCF, but the voice command was causing some problems. Thanks!

One question, on every 21887 ROM I cook ,the HTC album app has some alignment issues (even OMJ default 3.2.1xx), it also acts like its in landscape so I have to run my finger up and down to change pics while in portrait. Is this a new album? Will a different version in the kitchen will that work with 2.5 ROMS? I could care less about facebook/youtube uploading
yes, thats a known issue w/ Album 3.2....if u dont care about uploading, use 3.0
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

elmariachi is keeping up the good workelmariachi is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
yes, thats a known issue w/ Album 3.2....if u dont care about uploading, use 3.0
Thanks again! at it now haha, hell I dont even use the pictures tab
Old 12-28-2009, 01:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

mshnayde is becoming a great contributor

OMJ. I think it's really weird that it's only with 2.5 on the 21887 where the ringtone issue comes up.
Thanks for looking into this.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:29 PM
JZR
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

JZR is becoming a great contributor

I'm getting the ringtone issue with my 28011 Sense 2.5 build, also. Damn, I thought I had a ROM I'd keep for at least a couple of weeks... LOL.

JZR
Old 12-28-2009, 02:38 PM
JZR
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

JZR is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
For those using 6.5.3 roms, I created a cab & VK package for XTask 2.15. I was previously using showcase to close apps on X, I found that show case was causing freezing. I have since removed showcase but now apps were not closing on X. In my ROM thread it was suggested to try XTask, it has it's pros/cons, but I'm using it merely to close apps, it can be configured to do many things.

Cab
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...7&d=1262019350

VK package
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...8&d=1262019350

Original thread.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23

hmmm, so 2.1 21887 works but not 2.5?

ok, when I get a chance, I'll make a couple basic/minimum templates

spare time? this is it, oh and Playing COD on XBL, and dont forget the fam....this is far from my day job, lol

lol, thats cold!

thats odd, I just checked the package and the app.reg looks fine....now I did tweak some of the settings....ie, change from 1 to 0....but thats it.

not sure why it would only affect 2.5....try going into sense settings, then sound & display, and checking the ringtone. default ringtone is Ring-Standard3, if that is correct, try changing to something else.
I just checked my 28011 2.5 build, and none of the Ring-Standard ringtones are available to choose. Do you think it would be possible to copy them to \Windows (or wherever they belong) and that would fix it? Can anyone post a link to the Ring-Standard ringtones?

Thanks,
JZR
Old 12-28-2009, 04:02 PM
VIP Member

O.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
copy NetCF & VoiceCommand to OMJ HTC Sense Kitchen v1.5\SYS\21887\SHARED\COMMON

copy VoiceCommand_Lang_0409 to OMJ HTC Sense Kitchen v1.5\SYS\21887\SHARED\0409

Placed/replaced the above in the kitchen. After creating rom with previous .erv based on 21877 Titanium and flashing phone, Opera 9.5, ClearRam, and Voice Messaging were all giving a NetCF error while Voice Command did not show up, although it was enabled in the kitchen. Anybody else have problems with the replacement/additional files?

Last edited by O.a.T.; 12-28-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

sean222 is keeping up the good worksean222 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZR View Post
I just checked my 28011 2.5 build, and none of the Ring-Standard ringtones are available to choose. Do you think it would be possible to copy them to \Windows (or wherever they belong) and that would fix it? Can anyone post a link to the Ring-Standard ringtones?

Thanks,
JZR
Well if you selected the Rhodium ringtones package or the Generic Carrier package then you should have those standard-ring tones, they're in \Windows\Rings\ ...but they belong there And the problem 'seems' more complicated than just moving those files
Old 12-28-2009, 04:30 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
The problemo is in 1.5 kitchen 21887 Sense 2.5 specifically.

21887 Sense 2.1 rings and 28014 rings also. And according to you 21887 Titanium works too.
Quote:
It is affecting the Titanium build as well. I just edited my OP.
I've tried with the default ringtone, built in Alerts/Alarms & my custom ringtones. The Alerts are the only ones that will even seem to work, but they won't actually work. I've tried changing the ringtones for individual incoming calls and none of them work- although using PhoneWeaver/PocketInformant/MS3.5 to change them completes without errors, there is still no sound coming from the speaker.

Regarding the posts about moving the audio files to another location- I don't think this is the issue. WM is able to find them just about anywhere, but it seems best to keep them in \Windows\Rings. I think that the reason that the alerts are being seen is that they sometimes default to the \Windows folder and they are often .wav files instead of mp3 or wma. This is why I go back to the codec being messed up. But what doesn't make sense is that they can be previewed even the first time! Or that other programs can use them. It seems like the Phone app must use its own decoding and it is somehow screwed up. I'm flashing another variation right now... if it doesn't work (and I don't think it will) then I'm going to build a ROM with a different phone app and see if that works.

Last edited by Trident; 12-28-2009 at 04:40 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

151jcolon is keeping up the good work151jcolon is keeping up the good work151jcolon is keeping up the good work

Quote:
hi OMJ, for upload picture to facebook or other account, I use microsoft myphone. other way for that.
http://www.1800pocketpc.com/2009/12/...-my-phone.html

Last edited by 151jcolon; 12-28-2009 at 07:02 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development