PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 11:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

randyamante is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v1.9 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 2354x | 3/12/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
you need arcsoft to receive mms, and it is only viewable from the native wm messaging.

you also need to change

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Inbox\ExternalAccounts\SMS]
to

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Inbox\ExternalAccounts\SMS.htc]
Thanks OMJ. This all checked out so I flashed Sense 2.5 2014 23541 from kitchen. Still can't receive video mms but no deal breaker. Don't receive them often anyway.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

bobram is keeping up the good workbobram is keeping up the good work
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v1.9 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 2354x | 3/12/1

Quote:
you're already in that "good thread"....kitchen link is in post #1, basic tutorial in post #2.

If you're already running one of my ROMs, just load the appropriate .erv file for the ROM you are using.

you'll want to copy the updated PhoneCanvas.dll to the kitchen. you either need to replace the original, located @ HTC Sense Kitchen v2.0\OEM\Diamond\Common\OEMDrivers or copy the file to a folder like OMJ HTC Sense Kitchen v2.0\EXT\Shared\021_Sense_2.5_Common_Tweaks\HTCSen se_Tweak_OMJ_MISC\files so it overwrites the original file during the cooking.

let the fun begin!
Thank you for holding my hand through this lol.

So I cooked the new phonecanvas.dll in via overwriting it in the OEMDrivers folder, flashed, but sadly data arrows are still broken. I double checked and the following registry entry is indeed there.

Code:
REGEDIT4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Phone]
"ExtPhoneCanvas"="PhoneCanvas.dll"
Anyone have any ideas why it is working in the NFSFAN TP ROM and not on our diamonds?
Old 04-07-2010, 09:56 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyamante View Post
Thanks OMJ. This all checked out so I flashed Sense 2.5 2014 23541 from kitchen. Still can't receive video mms but no deal breaker. Don't receive them often anyway.
I just noticed u mentioned video MMS, I have never tried video, only pix so I cannot confirm it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobram View Post
Thank you for holding my hand through this lol.

So I cooked the new phonecanvas.dll in via overwriting it in the OEMDrivers folder, flashed, but sadly data arrows are still broken. I double checked and the following registry entry is indeed there.

Code:
REGEDIT4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Phone]
"ExtPhoneCanvas"="PhoneCanvas.dll"
Anyone have any ideas why it is working in the NFSFAN TP ROM and not on our diamonds?
which dialer is he using?
Old 04-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
I stand corrected, the reg edit I was thinking of was to use the default contact picker in messaging, from what I was told it may not be possible in the dialer unless you used the "noHTCPhoneCanvas" mod
I can confirm that does in fact do the trick... i used the "disable htc phonecanvas cab" and then the smartdials, call history, etc... bring up the WM Native contact cardd, but...

Damn that thing is so UGLY!!! Do you know of any skins out there for that stock dialer? ... Kinda like that Polen vista dialer skin back in the Vogue days that didn't actually replace the canvas, just overwrote the image files.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
I can confirm that does in fact do the trick... i used the "disable htc phonecanvas cab" and then the smartdials, call history, etc... bring up the WM Native contact cardd, but...

Damn that thing is so UGLY!!! Do you know of any skins out there for that stock dialer? ... Kinda like that Polen vista dialer skin back in the Vogue days that didn't actually replace the canvas, just overwrote the image files.
Here's a few: link. You can take apart the cab and see what files are modified to make your own.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Here's a few: link. You can take apart the cab and see what files are modified to make your own.

Thanks mwalt! Was just about to post an edit that I had found some

... So I guess you didn't have an answer to my pm?
Old 04-07-2010, 03:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Thanks mwalt! Was just about to post an edit that I had found some

... So I guess you didn't have an answer to my pm?
I don't believe I received your PM. In any case, try sending it again .
Old 04-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Coming at ya
Old 04-12-2010, 12:13 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Really?
No comments in this thread for 4+ days? That could be a record.

Old 04-12-2010, 01:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond
Carrier: Verizon

FH-CS is a n00b

Quote:
that was an issue in the \EXT\Shared\021_Sense_2.5_Common_Tweaks\HTCSense_T weak_OMJ_MISC package, there is code in the app.reg that was meant for sense 2.5 for tweaking the tabs, this causes the setting tab to be missing in sense 2.1.

use the attached \EXT\Shared\021_Sense_2.5_Common_Tweaks\HTCSense_T weak_OMJ_MISC package instead.
That worked, but as it would turn out, I ended up switching back to Sense 2.5 after a few days. Thanks anyway though : )

I've run into another problem, however, with the ringtone for text messages, where it stops sounding after a while. I thought this was fixed a while back? What causes this to happen anyway, and is there a way to fix it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development