PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2009, 11:23 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 12/25/09

After a day of testing four different ROMs (OMJ's and three variations of mine) I can safely say that there is something in the 21887 build that is totally messing up any ringtone file that is there. The only thing I can get to work is wav files, and that's just not acceptable. I'm going to have to go back to an earlier build.
As a sidenote, the caller ID function seemed to be messed up on at least one of the builds. It kept on showing unknown or blocked call for a bunch of different calls that definitely had there numbers accessible (I could tell from the VMs they left).

Old 12-29-2009, 11:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: MTS

jbarns is becoming a great contributor
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 12/25/09

thx for the new kitchen omj

I don't want to sound tooooo dumb.. but what is sense 2.1? Just a dumbed down 2.5 (less memory)?

It would be really helpful if someone could outline what extra features you get in 2.5.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:06 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarns View Post
thx for the new kitchen omj

I don't want to sound tooooo dumb.. but what is sense 2.1? Just a dumbed down 2.5 (less memory)?

It would be really helpful if someone could outline what extra features you get in 2.5.
not, not dumb at all...

Sense 2.1 is sortof a combo of manila 2.1 & sense 2.5.

Sense 2.1 has the weather in the clock, other than that, it's pretty much like manila 2.1.

Sense 2.5 has a better people tab, internet tab, picture tab, music tab, twitter tab...IMO
Old 12-29-2009, 01:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
not, not dumb at all...

Sense 2.1 is sortof a combo of manila 2.1 & sense 2.5.

Sense 2.1 has the weather in the clock, other than that, it's pretty much like manila 2.1.

Sense 2.5 has a better people tab, internet tab, picture tab, music tab, twitter tab...IMO
perfect, thanks! I'll stick with 2.5

I think i screwed up my rom though.. it just stays at Launching HTC Sense.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Cyric78 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarns View Post
perfect, thanks! I'll stick with 2.5

I think i screwed up my rom though.. it just stays at Launching HTC Sense.
Make sure that your not removing any of the tabs for sense... I tried that, removing the stocks and the music tabs, and ended up with the same problem....

Now I get an error when the rom installs, after putting the 3 files OMJ posted earlier, so I'm starting with a clean OMJ kitchen, to see if it works....
Old 12-29-2009, 02:08 PM
JZR
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

JZR is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyric78 View Post
Make sure that your not removing any of the tabs for sense... I tried that, removing the stocks and the music tabs, and ended up with the same problem....

Now I get an error when the rom installs, after putting the 3 files OMJ posted earlier, so I'm starting with a clean OMJ kitchen, to see if it works....
I'll second this. I don't know how OMJ was able to remove the Footprints tab in his ROMs, but every time I try to remove additional tabs in the kitchen I get the same problem.

JZR
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZR View Post
I'll second this. I don't know how OMJ was able to remove the Footprints tab in his ROMs, but every time I try to remove additional tabs in the kitchen I get the same problem.

JZR
yup this was my problem, I don't really need twitter and stock tabs so I thought I'd free up some memory. guess not.

everything else works great tho
Old 12-29-2009, 03:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

Quote:
Not too hard to remove extra tab pages, problem is you probably have to do it all in the same place (or you will conflict with say the remove footprints tab. I just added what tabs I wanted to remove completely to the no footprints tweak, all you need to do is open the 26948339_manila in notepad, remove the tabs you want, and then reorder the tabs pageorders. (by that I mean every tab has a number, so if you delete tab number 7 you have to change 8 to 7, 9 to 8 etc etc..) then in the app.reg file just set the 'Enable' reg for the tab in question to 0.

ex of page in 26948339_manila, just delete the entire entry you want and reorder the page orders.

<Page Order="11" Name="docexplorer.page" PackageName="HTC" Title="[[IDS_DOCUMENTSTITLE]]">
<ComponentReference Name="page" Mode9Path="HTC\DocExplorer\documentexplorer.mode9" Component="GizmoRoot" SmartComponent="true"/>
<ComponentReference Name="icon_normal" Mode9Path="HTC\DocExplorer\docicons.mode9" Component="DocumentExplorer_Off"/>
<ComponentReference Name="icon_selected" Mode9Path="HTC\DocExplorer\docicons.mode9" Component="DocumentExplorer_On"/>
<ComponentReference Name="icon_preview" Mode9Path="HTC\DocExplorer\docicons.mode9" Component="DocumentExplorer_Preview"/>
</Page>
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

Wond3r is becoming a great contributor

sense 2.5 , 28014 .. whenever someone new texts me and I try to save them to my contacts, it ALWAYS saves as unnamed, and I cant change the name. I cant even go in to edit more info, it kicks me out.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc snap ceda100 s510

Jadall is just getting started

I had the windows live problem on the 6.5 sense 2.5 when I built one. and also I used the one in your roms. it says something like "not a valid pocket pc application" also I was running a navigation program it said it had a memory problem and wouldn't load.

oh yes a naked (lite)windows 6.5 rom would be awesome only thing I would really need is opera 10 and a few things most stuff can be installed by cab and you can put it on internal like if office is removed from the package even install it with a cab save room

oh another question/comment too I love having the calendar on the slider tabs has the date it changes every day. I tried putting in my red clock and stuff when I build the sense 2.1 rom and I might have done the battery icons etc too but the sense 2.1 rom I built just had a white clock and normal battery icons.

also for people's information I found when using the pagepoolchanger.exe on the rom build make sure its pointed to the rom you are working on I discovered that it goes to the last time you ran it to that directory. in other words even though the pagepool.exe thing is in the directory with the ruu-signed.nbh it points to the last time you changed page pool.

Thanks again omj and everyone else for all their work on the roms.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development