PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 05:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH DIAMOND
Carrier: Sprint

hasseye is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 1/29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Most things can be installed to internal storage just fine. Also, if you need more space, use OMJ's kitchen and take out the stuff you don't want. IMO, the best ROM is the one you make yourself since it's tailored specifically to what you want .

You really need to learn how to do this yourself :P. It's a simple process and I will help you 'learn to fish' here so you don't always have to keep asking. First, download the "23529 Rollup - All Packages" from post #1 here. Extract it to a folder. Then run XIPDumpSort.exe (attached in DumpSorter.zip). Browse to folder containing "23529 Rollup - All Packages", check "clean", check "sort", and check "into SYS layout for Ervius...". Then click Go. Next copy dpi_192, dpi_192_resh_480_resv_640, and SHARED folders which are created by xipdumpsort.ext into \pathtokitchen\SYS\23529. You also need to place the MSXIPKernal in \ROM, but you probably already know how to do that properly (also better to do this before sorting using xipdumpsort).

Now extract RecModCommon.zip and put it somewhere in your kitchen (ie My Tools). Create a shortcut to RecModCommon.bat and place it in your send-to folder (google will tell you how - just search 'how to add to send-to' and either windows 7, vista, xp, etc.). Then navigate to \pathtokitchen\SYS\23529\SHARED. Right-click on COMMON folder and choose send-to recmodcommon.bat. It will open a cmd window and recmod everything for you. That's all you have to do and it's really easy with the tools other people have created.
woww thanks for that man.....ive recmodded be4, but it was always a big hassle and "guess" the whole time....i alsoo never had a clue as to how to sort it out, that seems extremely easyy how you explained it....

i'm actually gonna save that to a notepad for future reference....thank you very much =D>
Old 02-08-2010, 05:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

kngtut79 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to kngtut79
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 1/29

Quote:
Flashing again/hard resetting won't solve anything and just waste your time IMO. phcanvga.exe is controlling the position of the in-call screen. You need to make sure that program is running at all times on your phone for the dialer to work correctly on vga devices. Do not use any ram cleaners or any other things that may close the program (or make sure it does not close the program if you choose to run them). You can use a taskmanager like fdctaskmanager to see if phcanvga.exe is running on your phone under 'Processes'. If it is, the dialer should be positioned correctly while in-call.

Yeah, no kidding. I get a kick out of all the people who feel the need to flash to stock, hard reset, flash again, hard reset, etc. etc. All I've ever had to do is flash shipped rom, wait until it gets to calibration screen, and flash my custom ROM.
When I was using either Energy or intx roms, someone there seemed to be the definitive source, claiming that I should flash and hard reset. I wholeheartedly agree that its a MAJOR waste of time and MAJOR pita. Only after having problems with previous roms do i practice the "flash dance" as OMJ called it. The one time since, that i didn't do the dance, I had problems. But then again, I didn't flash to stock first. I went OMJ to OMJ. Is it user preference or is it standard to flash stock btw custom roms?
Old 02-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kngtut79 View Post
When I was using either Energy or intx roms, someone there seemed to be the definitive source, claiming that I should flash and hard reset. I wholeheartedly agree that its a MAJOR waste of time and MAJOR pita. Only after having problems with previous roms do i practice the "flash dance" as OMJ called it. The one time since, that i didn't do the dance, I had problems. But then again, I didn't flash to stock first. I went OMJ to OMJ. Is it user preference or is it standard to flash stock btw custom roms?

it's standard practice if you want bug free. the practical "flash dance" would be you flash stock sprint, then as soon as you get an AS connection flash OMJ (or custom), you don't have to mess with the calibration and CU crap for the stock sprint. This will keep your flashes bug free. stock sprint first is a must to stay bug free, but all the hard resets are a waste of time.

what I do is always keep stock sprint as DIAMIMG.NBH on my root on internal storage. whenever I want to flash a new ROM just do bootloader reflash (vol down, back arrow button, then press power) bootload will ask if want to flash, hit yes, it will flash stock, reset and connect to pc, as soon as I get an AS connection flash custom. This way I don't always have to keep sprint stock on hand (since I use different computers to flash custom)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
a quick question for u guys....
on the new beta build.... with htc messaging client... does mms sends pics for u guys?
no one has an answer?

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils
Old 02-08-2010, 09:14 PM
JZR
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

JZR is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
no one has an answer?
Sorry, haven't tried the beta build. I'm waiting for the full port.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kngtut79 View Post
I seem to recall Energy recently posting somewhere that he thought the whole flash dance thing was ridiculous, and that he had never done it once before.

I have had problems before on ROMs, and done it myself though. Call me superstitious.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Most things can be installed to internal storage just fine. Also, if you need more space, use OMJ's kitchen and take out the stuff you don't want. IMO, the best ROM is the one you make yourself since it's tailored specifically to what you want .
Yeah, but wouldn't it be even better if we could have the best of both worlds, and have the programs preinstalled to internal storage like that other ROM does?
Old 02-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
no one has an answer?
Sorry, never use MMS myself. I had thought I had read though that the M2.5 HTC Messaging client is completely incapable of handling MMS on CDMA, does it work on some ROMs?
Old 02-08-2010, 10:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
Sorry, never use MMS myself. I had thought I had read though that the M2.5 HTC Messaging client is completely incapable of handling MMS on CDMA, does it work on some ROMs?
i can recieve mms just fine... and everything is amazingly fast with this version...
it actually says that it sent the mms but no show on the other phone...
i set it up exactly like calc did in his tp2 version with all the updated mms servers and it just wont send... which is weird... u would think that if it is able to receive from a server it should be able to send it from the same one.
its a shame cuz new messaging client works great on everything else, and adding sprint picture mail or arcsoft again would just mean that we might as well go back to the "lighter" amarulz htc messaging client.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

gators2kt is a n00b

So this is my first post. First off, I'd like to thank OMJ and everyone that has helped with these roms. I got my diamond on the 1/20 and flashed it on the 21st. I've never had any experience with flashing a rom before; I used the sticky at the top of the forums and everything went smoothly. Thanks again.

On another note, I was wondering if anyone else was having an issue with the latest update (1/29) freezing while viewing pictures in the album. Also, are the pictures only viewable as lancscape and not portrait? I'm not sure but I feel like my screen would rotate to landscape more often before (with more programs: weather, music, pictures) now it only does it with the music tab when I press a button. Finally, I read a while back that a few other people were trying to find a working phone keypad input for text; I also prefer the keypad as well. Does anyone know of one that works with these builds? I've downloaded probably a half dozen or so and they all end up being minature versions.

Thank you again to all involved.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development