View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 05:39 PM
hasseye
Regular 'Geeker

hasseye is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 1/29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Most things can be installed to internal storage just fine. Also, if you need more space, use OMJ's kitchen and take out the stuff you don't want. IMO, the best ROM is the one you make yourself since it's tailored specifically to what you want .

You really need to learn how to do this yourself :P. It's a simple process and I will help you 'learn to fish' here so you don't always have to keep asking. First, download the "23529 Rollup - All Packages" from post #1 here. Extract it to a folder. Then run XIPDumpSort.exe (attached in DumpSorter.zip). Browse to folder containing "23529 Rollup - All Packages", check "clean", check "sort", and check "into SYS layout for Ervius...". Then click Go. Next copy dpi_192, dpi_192_resh_480_resv_640, and SHARED folders which are created by xipdumpsort.ext into \pathtokitchen\SYS\23529. You also need to place the MSXIPKernal in \ROM, but you probably already know how to do that properly (also better to do this before sorting using xipdumpsort).

Now extract RecModCommon.zip and put it somewhere in your kitchen (ie My Tools). Create a shortcut to RecModCommon.bat and place it in your send-to folder (google will tell you how - just search 'how to add to send-to' and either windows 7, vista, xp, etc.). Then navigate to \pathtokitchen\SYS\23529\SHARED. Right-click on COMMON folder and choose send-to recmodcommon.bat. It will open a cmd window and recmod everything for you. That's all you have to do and it's really easy with the tools other people have created.
woww thanks for that man.....ive recmodded be4, but it was always a big hassle and "guess" the whole time....i alsoo never had a clue as to how to sort it out, that seems extremely easyy how you explained it....

i'm actually gonna save that to a notepad for future reference....thank you very much =D>